smaller meals with less fat?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
van
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

smaller meals with less fat?

Post by van »

I would love to hear of other's experiences eating smaller, more frequent meals with less fat. i've read a couple of times small snippets hinting at the idea that if smaller fruit meals are eaten then the need for fat is diminished. If so how does this work? Does the body need the fat for anything else than slowing down the rate of fruit sugar metabolism?
I read where RRM has a glass of orange juice every hour; hence a seeminly small meal. But why then does he include the olive oil with it? Is it for the extra calories? Also, whether it's just in my head, but it seems that digesting nuts after eating an alkaline fruit meal is problematic in that the protein in nuts, like proteins in other foods digest best in an acid enviroment? And if this is so, wouldn't this leave the potiential for partially digested proteins to bein one's system? Maybe there's an understanding that the amount of protein in nuts is relatively low, say compared to eggs or fish?
Any help? Thanks, Van
RRM
Administrator

Re: smaller meals with less fat?

Post by RRM »

van wrote:I would love to hear of other's experiences eating smaller, more frequent meals with less fat. i've read a couple of times small snippets hinting at the idea that if smaller fruit meals are eaten then the need for fat is diminished. If so how does this work?
Its only that the need for fat as a blood-sugar stabilizing agent is smaller when your meals are more frequent.
The need for fat as a constructive component, and as a source of energy for the bowels and your heart, does not decrease at all.
I read where RRM has a glass of orange juice every hour; hence a seeminly small meal.
Its smaller than that; I take a sip of juice every 10 to 30 minutes (depending on the level of activity)
But why then does he include the olive oil with it?
When I make the juice the evening prior; its in the bottles that I carry with me.
Is it for the extra calories?
- as a stabilizing agent
- for extra energy
- to prevent gastric reflux / burning feeling from drinking lots of oj
Also, whether it's just in my head, but it seems that digesting nuts after eating an alkaline fruit meal is problematic in that the protein in nuts, like proteins in other foods digest best in an acid enviroment?
The acid environment is always there in your stomach.
Also, its individually different what works best for you.
For some nuts after fruits is perfect, for others its not.
Maybe there's an understanding that the amount of protein in nuts is relatively low, say compared to eggs or fish?
Compared to fish (and in a lesser extent compared to egg yolks) the amount of protein relative to fat is lower indeed.