I might have to quit the diet!

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Sara
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

I might have to quit the diet!

Post by Sara »

My mom says I can't continue the diet cause I'm not drinking milk - which would lead to weak skeleton or something. I don't know if it's kalcium that I'm missing out on.. but I think so. Do you really need to drink milk, or is it just something we believe, to get kalcium? I might sound confused but I'm not good at formulating in english..
I thought that I got kalcium (or whatever it's called) by eating the sample diet.. Don't I? What should I tell my mother??
Sara

Post by Sara »

ehmm i mean calcium.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You're getting more than enough calcium. Fruit, egg yolk, fish all contain calcium. We don't need to drink milk at all! Milk is meant for baby cows, and has a specific composition aimed at baby cows, which isn't that good for humans.
Actually too much calcium could cause osteoporosis at a later age: http://www.4.waisays.com/ExcessiveCalcium.htm

The daily recommended amount of calcium (and other nutrients too, though to a lesser extent) is far too high. Read more here:
http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/3/index.html
Official recommendations don't reflect human requirements.
Biologists know that nutrient requirements of any species can be determined by examining nutrient contents of its natural foods, but for some reason this is not applied to the human species. For example official calcium recommendations are much higher than calcium contents of our natural foods. To meet these recommendations, we need to consume milk, something we never did for over 99% of our existence. 'Apparently' humans are not submitted to nature's laws, but to political choices only.
The basic assumption applied to justify these political choices is:
Average mineral absorption rate is low, which we can compensate by consuming more mineral-rich foods.

However, consuming foods containing more minerals decreases mineral absorption rate by the body. And thus even more minerals are recommended to compensate this lower absorption rate. But of course this even further decreases the mineral absorption rate.
'Logically', mineral recommendations (and for calcium in particular) have only increased over the last decades.
The official assumption is that the body by mistake absorbs too little minerals from mineral-rich food. But there is a reason for absorbing fewer minerals from a mineral-rich diet: actual mineral requirements are much lower, and too much of any mineral or trace element is harmful.
Hope this helps. :)
Sara

Post by Sara »

Yes, thank you! I don't know if I can show this to my mother - she'll probably reject it as rubbish. But I know that it is true, so I can continue the diet in peace behind her back. :twisted: I was getting a little worried though, she knows a lot about these things but I guess that we all get the impression of that we need milk to basicly survive.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What you mother can never reject:
In all countries where they do not drink milk (or hardly any), there is no (or hardly any) osteoporosis, whereas in milk-drinking countries, osteoporosis is most severe.
This is fact that cannot be denied.
Sara

Post by Sara »

well that's it. they are forcing me to quit. I'm so sad.. This diet was my only hope since I don't want to take Roaccutane. Before this I was on Tetracyklin & tetralysal but it stopped working. Then I found the diet. I have now done it for two weeks. The reason that they are making me quit is because they think I have anorexia or some other eating disorder. It makes me so sad. I would NEVER get an eating disorder, I KNOW that I'm too skinny and I'M TRYING to gain weight. Well, I don't know what to do. The thought of having that bad acne I used to, is making me so depressed, I'm crying all the time and I just want to die. :(

They said that if I don't gain any weight in one week - I'll have to eat "normal" food again. Could someone PLEASE, (I'm begging you guys) PLEASE give me suggestions of what to eat, since this is my last chance.. I have to gain some weight ..... MUST gain weight! Thank you...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hmmm. I guess drink lots of juice with some oil and with sugar added. Less fiber means you can 'eat' more, thereby ingesting more calories.

Maybe you could talk to your parents, and suggest they let you do this diet for a month, and if you're not healthy or healthier by then, you'll do as they say? Or something like that... :?
nick

Post by nick »

A small weight loss in the short run isn't going to hurt you. My parents were the same way. I'm skinny and I loss some weight in the beginning but got it back but eating enough.

Drinking juice is the most effective and easiest way to keep your sugar level stable. Carrying it around with you is the best way to always have it with you.

Have your parents read the site?
Did you notice any improvements in the 2 weeks?

I hope you can at least try it for a month!
Sara

Post by Sara »

My dad has read some stuff, but my mom refuses to read. This is the two week point for me, my skin is so much softer but I still get cysts (unfortunatly). Right now I have four big pimples on my forehead :( But I'm almost clear on my cheeks... It was like as if it got better the first days, then really bad, then better... I don't know if it's going to improve anymore. (Probably not, since I'm quitting the diet.)

I've sceduled a meeting with a dermatologist and hopefully she'll give me Roaccutane. I just can't do this any longer, I don't have the strenght to care or do anything about it... And because of my weight issue, they won't let me continue. After a while on accutane and (hopefully 10 kilos heavier) maybe I'll re-introduce the diet.... Well, just wanted to let you guys know. Thanks for your support...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sorry to hear that. Most people take longer than 2 weeks to get rid of all the acne, because the body gradually changes. Hopefully you can return to the diet on a later date. :)

Be very careful with the accutane (if you get it), and if your body is reacting badly to it, take action.

Here's part of a post made by Gavriel, from his personal experience:
Finally, 12 years ago I undertook a dramatically unsuccessful ro-acutane treatment to get rid of my Acne Fulminance, which was starting to greatly disturb my work on stage.
I had a very bad reaction to the medicine from the very start. After two months of treatment my temperature jumped to the sky (and stayed there for few months), and I started loosing skin on the upper part of my body… I literally had holes in my skin on the chest, under the chin, behind the ears, on the shoulders and the back. I was loosing blood as well, retaining water, and had inflammations with real skin burns. After another month of treatment in the hospital I had blood infection, still very high temperature, internal infections, and much cortisone.
I hope this will not happen to you of course.

Good luck! :)
rafaelo

Post by rafaelo »

don't give up!
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Also, having a family that calls you anorexic etc is not healthy; I have the exact same problem; 120lbs 6 feet. (they also call me lots of other names).

I think learning to not let what they say effect you is very important. You have to understand the reason for their ignorance and the fact that maybe you'll never be able to change it. Don't let it eat at you.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Sara,

How old are you (if you don't mind me asking)?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Guys, the last post in this thread (before Mr. PC's) was from 2006...
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

oh yea

I wonder if there is a better way to handle this is. Like make a thread so you can't reply to it after a certain period of inactivity or something.