Copper in pillows and socks

Breathing, sleeping, running, meditation, yoga, relaxation
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Copper in pillows and socks

Post by Mr. PC »

Here's an articles that implies copper in clothing / pillow cases can help improve various skin conditions. What are your thoughts?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4556990/
Mr. PC

Re: Copper in pillows and socks

Post by Mr. PC »

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22938003
PATIENTS/METHODS:
An 8-week, double blind, parallel, randomized study was carried out, in which healthy volunteers, aged 30-60, used either copper oxide-containing pillowcases (1% weight/weight) (test group, n = 30) or control pillowcases without copper (control group, n = 31). Skin conditions of the subjects were evaluated by visual grading by two expert graders and by 3D Image Analysis GFM PRIMOS(®) at baseline (before treatment) and following 4 and 8 weeks of sleeping on the pillowcases.

RESULTS:
The use of the copper oxide-containing pillowcase resulted in significant decrease of crow's feet after 4 (P = 0.01) and 8 (P = 0.002) weeks, but none was observed in the control group, as determined by the expert graders. On the basis of the 3D measurements, three roughness (R) parameters were improved after 4 and 8 weeks (P < 0.02) and the Rmax parameter at 8 weeks (P = 0.016) in the test group, but there were no changes in the R-parameters during the course of the study in the control group. The average reduction per month in the R-parameters was approximately 9%. No adverse reactions were observed or reported during the 8 weeks study.
These pillow cases are expensive... $50. I might get one for my Mom's birthday. For myself I'm more concerned about fungal problems on my skin. I have these issues on scalp, hair, nose, and feet, and I think my backne is actually fungal as well (and is reduced by use of Head and Shoulder shampoo), so personally my interest in copper is simply the anti-fungal properties.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Of course, copper is essential, but you get that copper from the food that you eat (particularly Brazil nuts, dried apricots, olives and avocado). Not from pillows.
Yes, copper has anti-fungal properties, so that if your skin condition is caused by a fungus, it might work.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I searched it up originally because of it's anti-fungal properties (I have dandruff, and the same thing on my eyes, eyebrows, nose, chest, and back). Research seems to point out that the copper is helping people's skin in general.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote: Fri 03 Nov 2017 10:53 Research seems to point out that the copper is helping people's skin in general.
That is too vague.
Helping in what way? To shed skin cells? To stimulate cell growth?
What is help regarding one condition may be the opposite in another condition.
That's like saying: "extra copper is good for you".