Mattresses (esp tempurpedic/memory foam)

Breathing, sleeping, running, meditation, yoga, relaxation
overkees
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Mattresses (esp tempurpedic/memory foam)

Post by overkees »

I sleep inclined, I went to the DIY store and bought some wood and attached it to my bed and now I sleep +25 cm higher with my head.

I also saw that David Wolfe prefers to sleep declined. Im going to try that too, maybe... I just need to lay upside down in my bed to achieve that now :)

I wouldnt say my sleep is alot better, it is however easier to get out of bed.. I still want to stay in bed, but if I need to get out I will wake up alot faster!
overkees

Post by overkees »

Okay, so I researched this a bit more... and what I found is incredible:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... 4-0211.pdf

These are the effects of hormonal changes when changing your position. David Wolfe and some yoga experts claim that when you are upside down when doing a handstand. Your adrenal system kind of reverses and you will get very calm. It is also the ultimate way to realign your spine. So doing a few handstands everyday can be a very good thing to do.

Im definetely going to try this one out :) It is pretty damn cool. Too bad there is, as always, little research done.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Im not a big fan of david wolfe, but this is some damn interesting thing. I woke up, naturally, after only 5 hours of sleep, breathing very very light. Did the laundry and doing homework atm. Havent run in 3 days, did only some little breathing exercises. If this works, and keeps working, I'm going to beat 40 in no time :)
fred

Post by fred »

What changes did you do? did you sleep decline? do some handstands?
overkees wrote:Im not a big fan of david wolfe, but this is some damn interesting thing. I woke up, naturally, after only 5 hours of sleep, breathing very very light. Did the laundry and doing homework atm. Havent run in 3 days, did only some little breathing exercises. If this works, and keeps working, I'm going to beat 40 in no time :)
overkees

Post by overkees »

I slept declined, with my head laying 20 cm lower than my feet. I slept on my stomache. It works wonders for your back!

Let's wait and see if I get more tired today. I will test it out, sleeping declined for a while.
overkees

Post by overkees »

So far it is going great. I did a lot of reading all kinds of subjects. Not with a hyperfocus into one subject but I could do this and then go back to that and so forth. Normally this would have me very tired. Certainly at times like 4 o clock after I had 4.5 hours of sleep this night naturally. I am awake since 4 o clock and this little extra time seems such a big addition to my day. I would love it if it remains this way, that would mean I can have a lot more free time!! :)