Mattresses (esp tempurpedic/memory foam)

Breathing, sleeping, running, meditation, yoga, relaxation
Brian
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Mattresses (esp tempurpedic/memory foam)

Post by Brian »

Does anyone have any thoughts on the merits of memory foam (tempurpedic) style mattresses vs more standard spring-based ones?

Thanks!
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I can give you my opionion... I used to have one. I loved it. I felt it was really comfortable. My wife complained that it bothered her back. She also didn't like that we spent so much on a mattress and I wonder if they is really why she didn't want it.

I actually wonder too, if it is worth all the money. There are foam pads you can use over your current mattress which help. Tempurpedic has a good return policy if you decide you dont' like it after you buy one. We had no trouble getting a refund.
avalon

Post by avalon »

I can't afford one. I do have friends who swear by it. I know you can get generic style foam mattresses if you google.

I hope one day to try one out. Until then I'm stuck with a futon that seems to be treating me right...for now :roll:

Best wishes,
Avalon :D
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Keep in mind you get what you pay for. The tempurpedic is really different (better) than the cheaper ones. You can feel the difference.
avalon

Post by avalon »

John. I'll say maybe to that. Many generic- products are the same, inherently. But I remain open to proving :wink: And honestly if money were no object, I would buy one tomorrow.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

All I know is I would go for an organic mattress next time, they have memory foam organic mattresses too I think.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I think my mum has one. Is it the ones you just mealt into? If so, they are a bit weird but once you get use to them they are excellent.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

avalon wrote:John. I'll say maybe to that. Many generic- products are the same, inherently.
I couldn't disagree more. I've seen generics at the swap meet and they are extemely different. You touch it and mash it with your hands and feel and seehow
avalon wrote: But I remain open to proving :wink: And honestly if money were no object, I would buy one tomorrow.
At this point, if the tempurpedic was say $100, I'd buy one immediately.
avalon

Post by avalon »

I'd buy two for $200!!

There are places on-line where you can build your own- that would be nearly identical to the Temp. I have no doubt that that memory foam is not limited to that name. Someone somewhere can duplicate it.

ehh... or not :shock:
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Some people say the tempurpedic mattresses give off toxic fumes. Something similar but natural is organic latex. I tried it once in a store and fell asleep immediately, and I'm a light sleeper. That's what I would buy if I had the money.
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
avalon

Post by avalon »

Isn't it interesting that with such a miracle of human biology/anatomy, that proper bedding can be such an issue? I've often wanted to design my own mattress... from natural sources of course. Build a box, fill with something, sleep well... am I dreaming again :lol:
sarah1

Re: Mattresses (esp tempurpedic/memory foam)

Post by sarah1 »

Tempurpedic Mattresses are one of the best quality mattresses available on the market. They are not cheap but in my view, worth every cent. Most people looking to buy tempurpedic mattress do not have an idea of what to look for when buying. This article will attempt to address that problem.

There are two things you should be aware of before buying a tempurpedic mattress. They are foam density and ILD (Indention Load Deflection).
waipete

Post by waipete »

I seen this one program it was about these insomniacs and how sleeping pills they don't help or something and... I can't really remember much about it. Anyways what I do remember is this sleeping expert guy said for mattress selection he said we don't need to go out and buy the most expensive mattress to have a better sleep, no the best selection is a regular air mattress. It just seemed like general selfless advice, I want to go out and buy one but I never really cared to much about the comfort of my sleep as I can sleep almost anywhere, ahh sleeping on the floor as a kid is where I had my best sleeps.
overkees

Post by overkees »

We only sleep on matresses since the late middleages. Previously we just layed on animal skinds and hey. Or on grassy hills. The first beds were always hard surfaced.

It was also very common for people to sleep in a sort of half laying/half sitting position. So called box beds. This improved breathing. Laying totally horizontal is pretty unnatural.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Do you sleep half sitting overkees ?