Buteyko Breathing, for allergies and astma

Breathing, sleeping, running, meditation, yoga, relaxation
waipete
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Buteyko Breathing, for allergies and astma

Post by waipete »

http://expectus.hubpages.com/hub/How-to ... ing-Method

Well I don't get allergies much this time of the year but this seemed interesting to test, says it can relieve allergies. Anyone care to test this?
panacea

Re: Buyeyko Breathing, for allergies and astma

Post by panacea »

I've tested it thoroughly and there is much more to it than just changing breathing pattern/method (but that is the main thing you could say).
Kasper has also had some success with this

There is more completely free info here on buteyko method:
normalbreathing.com
he sells books but all the information you need in the books is on the website for free - it's just harder to navigate than a pdf book.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

The buteyko method is really amazing.
My problem is that I have athelete foods, and ringworm on nail, which makes it harder to get really good results.
But it already cured my red eyes, and I have less problems width tinnitus. Much less loud.

The way test it is width measuring MCP, CP (see normalbreathing.com).

I started width around 15 seconds CP I think. And quite fast I got it to 25 seconds.
Now it's around 25-35 seconds. Sometimes I get it around 50-60 seconds. After much physical exercise and breathing exercises.
But the athelete foods give a sort of rebound effects, which makes it really hard to stay there.

But my athelete foods are getting much better (I do apple cider vinegar bath and use creams from doctor), I think it's almost cured. And my toenails are better also (but will take some more months to cure that).
So I think when I have cured all those infections, I might be able to get a constantly 60 CP.

What are your results panacea ? Anybody else tried the CP test ?
waipete

Post by waipete »

So my understanding is buyenyko is not a sorta cure but sort of a exercise to strengthening your body to rely less on oxygen? I did this exercise in my house and it made things worse I think because I'm allergic to many things in my house. It did make me breathe better and smell things more although, maybe i should do this exercise outside? I'm still very interested in Buyeynko breathing.
dime

Post by dime »

Yeah knowing how to breathe properly can be really powerful. This same stuff has been practiced in China/India for thousands of years, I guess Buteyko kinda popularized in the western world.

The basic idea is: breathe as slowly as possible, without getting yourself to gasp for air. I've just started practicing this recently and it works quite well. I'd say it's especially effective to do it while exercising (I do it when biking).

Breathing can be a pretty good tool for controlling the sympathetic/parasympathetic systems too. Slow down breathing as much as you can (but again not to the point where you'll gasp for air) and you activate the parasympathetic system, I do this just after a meal for example, to speed up digestion.
dime

Post by dime »

waipete wrote:I did this exercise in my house and it made things worse I think because I'm allergic to many things in my house.
Yes avoid doing it near stuff you're allergic to, because it leads to vasodilation due to increase of CO2 in the blood, so your nose 'opens up' and stuff irritate it easier (at least that was my experience).
panacea

Post by panacea »

What are your results panacea ? Anybody else tried the CP test?

I started out with horrible morning CP due to mouthbreathing, dry mouth, thrush, constipation, etc. Doing the wai diet 100% helped a lot with the constipation, cleared my skin really well, made me feel better, but not the other stuff. I had this horrible problem from sleeping on my back for many hours of the day, people tend to sleep a lot when they spend all day relaxed in bed or on a couch on their laptop. Once I got a treadmill and started exercising (starting out slow), sleeping inclined on my chest for only 3-4 hours a night, and taking cold showers, etc, my CP and MCP (morning control pause) started rising easily. I got up to 40 s cp at one point for 3 days and my thrush disappeared. Then I stupidly didn't exercise for a while, even though I craved it, as I was occupied by videogames, homework, school, etc, and my CP dropped down to around 15-25 s cp, mostly because I would sometimes fall asleep on my back and wake up after mouth breathing again. The candida didn't come but a thick white tongue did in the morning (which I could brush off - you can't with thrush, some remains), and it keeps being normal white through the day, until I raise my CP again later and it goes back to red. Also with 40 s CP, my chronic red blotches I had in my eyes (I assumed from using the laptop all day) dissapeared, even though I was using the laptop just as much as I had it mounted on the wall for my treadmill. I still had some red super thin redness in my eyes they weren't pure white - but no clusters of redness throughout the day and they looked healthy.

For me it seems redness in my eyes and whiteness on my tongue indicate if I'm allergic to something or have a low CP better than anything else (besides the CP test itself). I don't think I've had enough time with high CP's to accurately give a testimonial of it it works for sure for myself, I just think the logic of buteyko breathing principles are sound and so far line up with results I've had, they also don't interfere with wai principles so why not.
dime

Post by dime »

I don't know whether it's the breathing exercises, but I haven't had allergy in two weeks, and for the past few years I've never gone so long without an allergy attack. Very amazing. My CP is 20-25s now, I haven't measured before and I haven't measured morning CP. I wonder how will 40s feel then :O

Swimming would be a very natural way to do these breathing exercises, because you breathe in, then slowly breathe out in the water during a couple of strokes, then breathe in again. Too bad the swimming pools are filled with so much chemicals, this is why I avoid them now :(

I just got an idea to put a scarf around the mouth in order to stop (or at least decrease) mouth breathing during the night. Will be interesting to see how it goes.
dime

Post by dime »

And it's really interesting, yesterday I was at the gym, after one really demanding leg exercise I could feel my heart killing itself of work (like it would literally jump out of the chest), yet I didn't feel any hunger for air. Previously I couldn't get enough air for minutes after such an exercise.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

CP of 50 at the moment writing !

I run for 45 min. every day since my last post here.
And it seems to pay off.
I feel absolutely great.
panacea

Post by panacea »

That's great Kasper!
Do you know your Morning CP (right after waking?)
Do you still have the soiling effect (when you have bowel movement, do you need toilet paper? this is a huge turning point in health imo)
I think if you have constant CP over 40 s, including in the morning and after eating, then you should not have this effect, but you are supplementing so I'm wondering if that might cause it
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

You mean boron?
It's in pure liquid form (mixed width some other minerals), and I put it in my OJ.
I'm using 10 mg boron a day at the moment.
dime

Post by dime »

Have you guys noticed a relation between dinner and morning CP? I read on normalbreathing.com that it's best to go to sleep at least 2 hours after your stomach was emptied. Which would be a lot for me.. usually just before sleep I load on egg yolks (at least 7-8) and olive oil.

It will be interesting to see how this and maybe type of dinner (e.g. fat vs carbs) affects MCP.
panacea

Post by panacea »

I don't think it takes long for our stomach to empty egg yolks??
maybe 30 min
so just eat them 2.5 hr before bed
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

normalbreathing.com tells MCP is worse when you go to sleep width food in the stomach.

They also tell that people width low body weight need a small snack to fall asleep.

I usually take a banana/OJ before sleep. And take fish/egg at 21:30. I go to bed around 12:00-2:00.