Buteyko Breathing, for allergies and astma

Breathing, sleeping, running, meditation, yoga, relaxation
waipete
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Buyeyko Breathing, for allergies and astma

Post by waipete »

How do you practice this?
I've looked around normalbreathing.com but I wasn't able to find any exercises. Can someone link me to the right place?
Any special breathing patterns for meditation too would be awesome!

Excited to try this out, I've been nose breathing for the past week, it's great. I'm scared to tape my mouth shut during sleep because I wake up a lot of times with plugged noses and I don't want to die in my sleep!
dime

Post by dime »

I practice by simply breathing slower (feeling slight air hunger) while walking, biking, or similar exercise.
waipete

Post by waipete »

So I don't get allergies pretty much at all, as I remember I would sneeze and feel like crap 75% of my life. Now days as I been simply practicing more nose breathing for about 3 months, which was hard at first being so stuffed all the time, now I can recall sneezing once in the past 3 weeks. I used to sneeze maybe over a thousand times in a 3 week period. I really like to think it's the nose breathing but who knows. Anyways this is great I love it! Still gotta see if I can live through spring.
waipete

Re: Buteyko Breathing, for allergies and astma

Post by waipete »

Ok I pretty much stopped after that last post plus I was doing a ton of incorrect stuff like no mouth taping and not doing daily breathing exercises.

I restarted buteyko again because I was living very unhealthy with no activity, and eating crappy.
I was sneezing like 75% of my days and had to resort to blocking my nose for the whole day with tissue.

Now I been practicing for 5 weeks and I started out with some intense breathing exercises, and was doing ok. I moved to a house with a cat and I'm pretty allergic to them, so I had trouble for about 2 weeks. I started mouth taping week 3 and recording my Cp correctly and going for walks. My Cp started to increase from 8 to 18cp and a 8 to 12 Mcp but the cat still bothered me. So then week 5 I was dedicated to start jogging plus doing some pushups and increased to 28 max Cp and 19mcp. Now I can interact with the cat and I feel my nose get irritated but I breath so shallow its easier not to give into the sneeze.

So I guess I really should have taking it full swing before instead of half assing it. It's a wonderful :| feeling to find out that what I thought before was untreatable is very treatable or curabl :? e.

Now to tell other people without sounding like a crazy person.

Thanks guys for being inspiring to try something new, I wouldn't have stuck with it otherwise.