60s CP in one month

Breathing, sleeping, running, meditation, yoga, relaxation
fred
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: 60s CP in one month

Post by fred »

Kasper wrote: I'm not earthed 24/7, but during the night I am, and when possible during the day.
How do you ground you during the night ?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

You shouldn't do chest breathing! Do you really mean you're practicing chest breathing ?

Does your CP increase during the day? For example after doing frolov device ?
Have you tried reduced breathing exercises ? And did you CP increase after reduced breathing exercises ?

You seem to do quite sensible things. As about posture, I've been working on postures for years.
Tried yoga, tried other relaxation exercises, but everytime I needed to force myself getting in good posture.
After I began doing cold showers in the correct way, my posture has improved better than I could imagine.

I guess your CP increases over 20 during the day.
If so, I would say try cold showers ! (if you under 20 during the day, you shouldn't do it)
If you're CP is between 20-30, cold showers can be a really tough job.
The trick is, don't make it tough. If you experience it as unpleasant, you're doing it the wrong way.

How to do cold showers correctly imo?
Begin width showering, as you're used to. As warm as you find comfortable.
After some time, you're going to decrease the temperature of the water.
But very gently! You're body shouldn't experience it as a shock.
If your body find the new temperature comfortable.
Decrease it a little bit more.
After some time, you get at the point that your body begins to find it slightly uncomfortable.

At this point, in my experience, it's very easy to move your body in a good posture.
In the beginning you might need to help your body a little bit. After some time your body will do it automatically.
That's the first benefit of cold showers, your body feels less cold when it has a good posture, so it automatically tries to find a good posture.

Besides concentrating on a good posture, you should also concentrate on relaxing all your muscles.
In my experience this more easy when you feel slightly uncomfortable cold.
That's the second benefit of cold showers, your body feel less cold, when your muscles are relaxed, so it tries to relax them.
When you're muscles begin to relax more, you're breathing will also become slower. Allow your breathing to become slower.

If you do this correclty, your body will began to feel comfortable on this temperature.
Now you can decrease the temperature again. And do the exact same thing.

Don't overdo it, when you're body becomes in a shock, you will not be able to concentrate on relaxing muscles, good posture and slower breath.
In the beginning, you might not be able to do it width only cold water at the end of the session, but that's totally fine.
You're body will tolerate more and more every time you do it.
I began width 1 minute 12 degree water, now I'm able to do a cold shower for 25 min. without shivering or feeling uncomfortable.
panacea

Post by panacea »

this is all very interesting about posture, it's a real mystery to me.
I also have tried all kinds of things and read all kinds of 'correct posture' books and nothing has even slightly helped.
I'm earthing now (have been for the past 24 hours straight indoors) and measured with multimeter, it drops from 2-6 volts depending where i am in my apartment (body voltage) to 0.00 so that's pretty cool (I'm sure it's actually like .004 or something). I was lucky enough to have a mini-garden thing right below my window with super soft soil and it rains a lot here so I'm sure that's why there's such a good grounding effect.
So what the affects are? Magically I haven't sat incorrectly the entire time, even though I've wanted to, I'm able to sit upright with correct posture for about 2-3 hours, and its getting longer length of time after I do it. After I do it I have to go back to sleep or go for a walk because that static posture wears me out so much.

There have been bad effects though, about an hour after being earthed I felt great, no back pain (I had mild back pain constantly while sitting badly for a while now, I did this for up to 14 hours a day 7 days a week), but then I got up and I guess did a funny posture because I felt back pain amplify by about 10, which got seriously annoying. I had to go to sleep because laying down was the only thing I could do (couldn't walk). I woke up feeling the same back pain which was super odd (I slept earthed) because this has never happened before. In the past all of my pain is gone by morning, then I sit incorrectly again and the pain comes back and it's been that way for forever. So something is happening although I can't say if it's good or bad. I'm sure the placebo effect is coming into play a little bit, but I'm generally biased to the good side of earthing so I don't know why it would give me more pain. So today, I have gone back to sleep once because of back pain, and this time woke up with less back pain but a mild head ache, which is the worst head ache I've had in forever because I haven't gotten them since I used to stare at the computer screen in the dark. Now I always match the lighting in the background to the comp screen and haven't gotten headaches until now.

BENEFITS - I no longer wake up with 'dead' hands, arms, etc. Which has been a constant for me for the past 6 months. So this means circulation has improved, however, oddly, whenever I'm sitting correctly at the computer I get weird 'semi-dead' left foot only, for like 2 seconds I feel spikes, I jolt and stand up right away and then it's gone. That's also new..

I should mention that I go to sleep faster while earthed (mind running in circles always been a problem for me), and I have seemingly less urges to eat junk food (I ate one piece and I felt sick), I have strong cravings for water (water has never been so satisfying), and this is all new stuff - btw my mouth is like constantly dry even though I've never drank so much water. I'm a little annoyed that I'm having so much pain (can't even bend over the old incorrect way without shearing pain - and I'm only 21 I sound like an old man). It does make sense that these two areas (my lower back and my eyes - linked to the headache) would be my problem areas since I have bad eyesight, constantly strain them on the computer, and constantly sit incorrectly.

I'm going to try cold showers instead of going to sleep next time. So much new effects in 24 hours can't all be placebo though :)
fred

Post by fred »

Thank you for your insights Kasper!

I meant abdominal breathing of course, not chest breathing.

I am doing lukewarm shower for a month now so I think I am ready to gently lower the temperature as you suggest to do and take care of my posture and relaxe my mucles.

I don't monitor my CP actually because it seems to vary a lot and I don't like to hold my breathe. I really hate doing breathing exercise so I guess I am not ready for that. Even Frolov was a real pain for me at first, I thought I was going to suffocate and die.

Thank's again!
Kasper wrote:You shouldn't do chest breathing! Do you really mean you're practicing chest breathing ?

Does your CP increase during the day? For example after doing frolov device ?
Have you tried reduced breathing exercises ? And did you CP increase after reduced breathing exercises ?

You seem to do quite sensible things. As about posture, I've been working on postures for years.
Tried yoga, tried other relaxation exercises, but everytime I needed to force myself getting in good posture.
After I began doing cold showers in the correct way, my posture has improved better than I could imagine.

I guess your CP increases over 20 during the day.
If so, I would say try cold showers ! (if you under 20 during the day, you shouldn't do it)
If you're CP is between 20-30, cold showers can be a really tough job.
The trick is, don't make it tough. If you experience it as unpleasant, you're doing it the wrong way.

How to do cold showers correctly imo?
Begin width showering, as you're used to. As warm as you find comfortable.
After some time, you're going to decrease the temperature of the water.
But very gently! You're body shouldn't experience it as a shock.
If your body find the new temperature comfortable.
Decrease it a little bit more.
After some time, you get at the point that your body begins to find it slightly uncomfortable.

At this point, in my experience, it's very easy to move your body in a good posture.
In the beginning you might need to help your body a little bit. After some time your body will do it automatically.
That's the first benefit of cold showers, your body feels less cold when it has a good posture, so it automatically tries to find a good posture.

Besides concentrating on a good posture, you should also concentrate on relaxing all your muscles.
In my experience this more easy when you feel slightly uncomfortable cold.
That's the second benefit of cold showers, your body feel less cold, when your muscles are relaxed, so it tries to relax them.
When you're muscles begin to relax more, you're breathing will also become slower. Allow your breathing to become slower.

If you do this correclty, your body will began to feel comfortable on this temperature.
Now you can decrease the temperature again. And do the exact same thing.

Don't overdo it, when you're body becomes in a shock, you will not be able to concentrate on relaxing muscles, good posture and slower breath.
In the beginning, you might not be able to do it width only cold water at the end of the session, but that's totally fine.
You're body will tolerate more and more every time you do it.
I began width 1 minute 12 degree water, now I'm able to do a cold shower for 25 min. without shivering or feeling uncomfortable.
fred

Post by fred »

Have you tried to correct your postures with exercices (strenghtening weak muscles and stretching tight muscles) and myofascial release (self-massage) ?
You first need to know what kind of posture you have (forward or backward pelvic tilt). Look also at your foot if you have collapse arch.
http://posture-exercises.blogspot.fr/

I have an horrible posture : swayback posture, collapse arch, rotating trunk, frozen shoulder, etc... and I work one hour everyday to improve my condition. It is slowly getting better.

I shut-downed electricity in my bedroom this night and had a barefoot walk just before going to bed. I slept like a baby!

panacea wrote:this is all very interesting about posture, it's a real mystery to me.
I also have tried all kinds of things and read all kinds of 'correct posture' books and nothing has even slightly helped.
I'm earthing now (have been for the past 24 hours straight indoors) and measured with multimeter, it drops from 2-6 volts depending where i am in my apartment (body voltage) to 0.00 so that's pretty cool (I'm sure it's actually like .004 or something). I was lucky enough to have a mini-garden thing right below my window with super soft soil and it rains a lot here so I'm sure that's why there's such a good grounding effect.
So what the affects are? Magically I haven't sat incorrectly the entire time, even though I've wanted to, I'm able to sit upright with correct posture for about 2-3 hours, and its getting longer length of time after I do it. After I do it I have to go back to sleep or go for a walk because that static posture wears me out so much.

There have been bad effects though, about an hour after being earthed I felt great, no back pain (I had mild back pain constantly while sitting badly for a while now, I did this for up to 14 hours a day 7 days a week), but then I got up and I guess did a funny posture because I felt back pain amplify by about 10, which got seriously annoying. I had to go to sleep because laying down was the only thing I could do (couldn't walk). I woke up feeling the same back pain which was super odd (I slept earthed) because this has never happened before. In the past all of my pain is gone by morning, then I sit incorrectly again and the pain comes back and it's been that way for forever. So something is happening although I can't say if it's good or bad. I'm sure the placebo effect is coming into play a little bit, but I'm generally biased to the good side of earthing so I don't know why it would give me more pain. So today, I have gone back to sleep once because of back pain, and this time woke up with less back pain but a mild head ache, which is the worst head ache I've had in forever because I haven't gotten them since I used to stare at the computer screen in the dark. Now I always match the lighting in the background to the comp screen and haven't gotten headaches until now.

BENEFITS - I no longer wake up with 'dead' hands, arms, etc. Which has been a constant for me for the past 6 months. So this means circulation has improved, however, oddly, whenever I'm sitting correctly at the computer I get weird 'semi-dead' left foot only, for like 2 seconds I feel spikes, I jolt and stand up right away and then it's gone. That's also new..

I should mention that I go to sleep faster while earthed (mind running in circles always been a problem for me), and I have seemingly less urges to eat junk food (I ate one piece and I felt sick), I have strong cravings for water (water has never been so satisfying), and this is all new stuff - btw my mouth is like constantly dry even though I've never drank so much water. I'm a little annoyed that I'm having so much pain (can't even bend over the old incorrect way without shearing pain - and I'm only 21 I sound like an old man). It does make sense that these two areas (my lower back and my eyes - linked to the headache) would be my problem areas since I have bad eyesight, constantly strain them on the computer, and constantly sit incorrectly.

I'm going to try cold showers instead of going to sleep next time. So much new effects in 24 hours can't all be placebo though :)
fred

Post by fred »

One very good link for posture : http://www.easyvigour.net.nz/index.htm
panacea

Post by panacea »

lol what the hell is that fred
fred

Post by fred »

panacea wrote:lol what the hell is that fred
Forgot to tell you to just ignore the religious and diet stuff!
The "engage gluteous maximus" and "Tibialis-posterior Rehabilitation" articles are a great help for me!
:D
dime

Post by dime »

So how do you do this grounding while sleeping?
I have a steel bed, would connecting it to the grounding pin of the socket work? I guess it's best to get a multimeter and check.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

If you want to go the easy way, you could go for earthing products.
I use three of those: http://www.earthingnederland.nl/Webwink ... iddel.html

If you want to go the cheap way, you could go for more creative solutions (which can be as good, or even better).
Overkees uses a diabetes sock in combination width a cupper wire.

But both you need to check width a multimeter.
For example, your socket might have a grounding pin, but might be not earthed to the ground.
Or your body voltage might be 20 volt in your room, and earthing will bring it only to 2 volt, which is still way to high.
dime

Post by dime »

I've got a multimeter, and the socket seems to be grounded, as reading between the normal pin and the grounding one is 220V (from what I understood that's how you check).

I measured around all rooms, black wire to the grounding pin of the socket and I hold the red, it seems to be 3V everywhere.
Interestingly, when I touch the steel bed it jumps to 6-7V. Putting the laptop in my lap didn't seem to make much difference to the reading.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

You can try to test the relative voltage between the (real) ground and the grounding pin to see how good your grounding works.
Yeah, things made of steel most of the time make body voltage worse.
BUT if you find a way to properly ground such things, it can help you get your body voltage lower.

For example I've a table which is made of steel.
First, when I touched the table, it made my body voltage increase width 5 volt.
Now I grounded the table, body voltage drops lower when I touch it, than when I don't touch it.
dime

Post by dime »

I came accross this, first link as I was searching "body voltage": http://www.bioelectrichealth.org/voltage.htm
The guy has measured his body voltage for some time, following a certain procedure (I couldn't really figure out what exactly..).
The conclusion was:
About the numbers: I feel that from my experience with the phenomena they represent, there seems to be a direct proportion between the feeling of body strength and the body voltage reading obtained in this manor. Also from experience, I feel that a directly proportional link between weal—the feeling of wellness—and this reading of voltage found in the physical body can be loosely established.

In my case it seems, by this exact procedure I really feel terrible when my body's voltage reading is below 250 mili volts (one quarter of a volt).
This is an easy to understand article on the body's electrical system: http://health.howstuffworks.com/human-b ... icity1.htm
I think what the guy above was measuring was the electricity that the body itself is producing, which according to the article is 10-100mV.

So when grounded, or at least far away from strong electrical source, your body voltage should be 10-100mV.
The more active you are, faster metabolism and healthier, the higher the body voltage?
panacea

Post by panacea »

for most of our species past we walked barefoot on the earth.. being grounded in that way, with no powerlines, satellite signals, cellphone towers, routers, and insulators, you can bet our body voltage was almost always below 250 millivolts.
feeling terrible because of that, doesn't make any sense at all.
dime

Post by dime »

Don't take the numbers he measured to be too accurate.. the most important point from that article is the trend of the numbers.
If you measure your body voltage in the exactly same way every time, an increase of the readings means you're improving health and well-being (assuming the influence of external electricity stays constant).
I'm pretty sure it's strongly correlated to CP.