So going to try Mindfulness meditation.

Breathing, sleeping, running, meditation, yoga, relaxation
waipete
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

So going to try Mindfulness meditation.

Post by waipete »

This meditation is not a closed eye, or relaxing meditation but rather a total awake, eyes opened concentration meditation. The practice is to stay in the current moment by focusing on your body, breath and noting the speed of the mind, but not to get caught up inj thoughts, which would take your focus off your sensory perception. In this state we try not to judge or label but just listen to our body and not label what we feel or label anything we look at.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the ... -addiction

A controlled study ( I didn't read I'm tired but like to read it tommorow )
Meditation experience is associated with increased cortical thickness
http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pub/a ... ity_05.pdf

I'm going to try some shallow breathing exercises to help me focus :D
RRM
Administrator

Re: So going to try Mindfulness meditation.

Post by RRM »

Interesting.
What is your goal / purpose?
waipete

Post by waipete »

To gain some control over my addictions. I have always been familiar with this type of meditation and tried it, but never gave it a real daily chance. I'm also hoping it will help me become a better or more optimal human being for myself and others. Lol but in mindfulness meditation there is not supposed to be any wants or desires , but we all have a need to be happy.
waipete

Post by waipete »

Well I have been kind of lacking my practice, but I have over a long time achieved a better awareness. I have always studied Zen which is the same thing as mindfulness meditation except without the scientific spin. I hadn't been meditation a whole lot but have been always focused on my emotional states and which trying to find out exactly where they arise. I often find that I can get angry/sad when I expect certain outcomes and reality doesn't concur, my expectation clashed with reality. I wondered why this occurred and did some research. I found that this stems from an irrational belief of a way we view things. I can remember when I got mad at my mother (it didn't end nice) because she got sad when I told her I didn't eat cooked meat, she thought I was destroying my health, which she cared about. I told her about it and she immediately begun to cry not what I expected and I immediately got mad at her. I had expected her to be supporting in my decision but doing something so unorthadoxed scared her, and my expectations were stompped on which triggered my anger. My irrational belief she would understand, was indeed irrational, because when I look back I too felt the exact same way when I heard of eating raw meat brought fear to me, her crying was totally rational. If I had taken that into consideration, I'd probably wouldn't have got mad and been comforting and been able to explain myself better.

So by being aware of our emotional states and informing ourselves to understand where they come from, we can fix them. We can learn not to act out of irrational beliefs of how the world works and how we think people should act by listening to our emotions. By reviewing our beliefs and challenging them we can often see just how dangerous they can sometimes be, and when they arise again we can actively in the moment work on changing our response for the better. Mindfulness meditation is an exercise, a very tough one but with practice it becomes natural and leaks into our daily lives and you almost feel a tremendous vitality. You actions become more natural and not based off some belief, philosophy, calculation, or concept of how things should be. You become in sync or in harmony without any effort, but it takes effort to get there.