Wai Warrior - for autophagy - AN EXPERIMENT

Fasting during the morning and (some part of) the afternoon, eating at night
Nina75
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Wai Warrior - for autophagy - AN EXPERIMENT

Post by Nina75 »

Thank you, very interesting.

That is what started the Warrior well (properly). Well I'll be gradual, ie starting from 16h and 17h ..... and finally 18h-18h30. My questions I ask now to the 18h-18h30: Once my body perfectly accustomed to starting 18h I can keep this version as much time as I want eg to the end of my life? Ie it is quite correct to be on this diet as much time as you want? Diet master course (stable weight, energy day, force). There are there any advantages over the current Wai diet ?
RRM wrote:so that consuming a lot during the night seems 'unnecessary', but it certainly is not.
In the beginning you really need to 'force' yourself to eat/drink enough.
I understand it is that we need to force yourself to drink a lot even when we do not feel the need? At the beginning? I did today trying anything until 16h (no problem) and after I drank juice sports as 600ml of a sudden (a sip) (very well received in the body) on the normal diet Wai outlet is 100 250Ml never above. Are we talking about this? When the body wants to get more give him what he wants. As your story swimmer under the water rises to the surface .... But first he must not I hesitate to drink a lot of juice even if the body does not require necessarily (from 18h I mean) ?
Nina75

Post by Nina75 »

Ah I just probably Understand what you mean. Wai Warrior, okay we will drink broad quantities of juice, the above no problems, what we do is we fondalement is to give what the body wants and what he likes most (easy-to digest nutrients)

I thought, I think you mean the 18h diet, drink plenty, ok, but unlike regular Wai (this Is Where I think) we do not expect the new body signal That said: I need another drink. We take it More Often, if the same body Does not require this gorged, you understand me? Wai normal I expect more or less my body craves juice on Wai warrior 18H never expect these signals .......?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

On Wai regular, we consume lots of small meals, small sizes.
So, on Wai regular, the body is not used to consuming large meals.
On Wai Warrior, we do eat large meals, completely filling up the stomach,
which may feel uncomfortable ('unnatural') in the beginning.
On Wai regular, we may replenish glycogen stores bit by bit.
On Wai Warrior we have to replenish those glycogen stores in just a few hours.
So, the difference in energy and hormone levels (insulin, glucagon etc) will be quite big.
That is something you definitely need to get used to in the beginning.

On Wai regular I never drank 1.5 L of juice in one sitting. Just sips of juice all day.
On Wai Warrior after a day of fasting plus exercising at the end of that day,
I drink 1.5 L in one sitting. And shortly after that, I start eating animal food. And then more juice.
Nina75 wrote:Once my body perfectly accustomed to starting 18h I can keep this version as much time as I want eg to the end of my life?
Yes!
is quite correct to be on this diet as much time as you want? Diet master course (stable weight, energy day, force). There are there any advantages over the current Wai diet ?
Yes, the big advantage is autophagy.
So, living longer.
Autophagy slows down the replication of cells, slowing down aging of organs.
Slowing down aging of the entire body, postponing organ failure and death.

Because we use oxygen for utilizing energy, for living, oxidation of organelles is a side effect of living,
which creates junk in all our cells (damaged organelles, damaged nutrients).
Normally this junk accumulates in cells up to the point that the cell becomes dysfunctional, and the cell is broken down (apoptosis).
When fasting, our cells use this junk for energy (autophagy),
This cleans up our cells, preventing them from becoming dysfunctional, preventing them from getting broken down because of that. Thus our cells last longer. Thus our organs last longer. Thus WE last longer. Live longer.
Numerous scientific studies have proven this effect.
Nina75

Post by Nina75 »

One last thing that has not been mentioned so far, do you think the Warrior Diet ie 18h we started to increase our consumption of fish 100-150G up to maximum 250 G without negative effects on the skin ? . Basically you'll probably tell me to experiment but knowing that no contribution (food) in the day and we do excercise weight forward as you think that you can increase protein intake safely without exceed 250G (safe) ? (My body craves more fish (in Warrior Diet) = Always listen to your body)

Thks
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nina75 wrote:One last thing that has not been mentioned so far, do you think the Warrior Diet ie 18h we started to increase our consumption of fish 100-150G up to maximum 250 G without negative effects on the skin ?
No, Wai Warrior makes no difference in that regard.
If your skin normally tolerates only 150 grams of fish daily, it will do so too on Wai Warrior.
My body craves more fish (in Warrior Diet)
That's the same for me.
Unfortunately, your skin tolerance will remain the same.
Luckily for me, my tolerance has increased considerably (way before Wai Warrior).
For you, this might pose a problem.
Please keep me posted.
liondolphin

Post by liondolphin »

just came across this thread

is there a faq for beginners in layman terms?? im a school dropout ..im not familiar with the scientific lingo

is it a diet where you eat only once per day? and thats in the night?

when we sleep, arent we fasting? so i dont get it why do we have to fast during the day too?

and why night? can i eat one big meal at noon instead?

isnt it unnatural to eat at night? i mean thats when the melanin hormone is at its peak and preparing the body for sleep, isnt it?
Nina75

Post by Nina75 »

MRR will answer your questions more precisely, but in the meantime.

Wai warrior diet or food (here we always talk about food Wai (Fruit, Juice, Fish and yellow) is consumed from 18h-19h. It seems to me that the 18h-19h window is reserved for people who mastered perfectly Wai Warrior because it is possible also started in different bearing (14h 1 week, 15h 1 week ..... ............. to finish 18h perfectly)

I leave MRR third sentence because the translation is hard

It has to be at night because you naturally more time for you, will be much easier to have a peaceful night. Think like a reward after a day or you are absolved of food, after sport, you have the right to be relaxing, with plenty of juice, fresh fish, and much much juice and sleep peacefully I break the fast of the day always a fitness session, and elsewhere (off topic) I took the opportunity to confirm what was said on this post, the sessions are much easier after a day of fasting (incredible ).

Yes on reflection, I think if one were to take only one meal in the day, the most natural undoubtedly would take a during the night. Would that to find a peaceful sleep( Dinner night, Wai), and be keen and alert during the day because it is not disturbed by the digestion (fast during the day).

You will be very difficult to sleep if your window is during lunch. You need energy to sleep!

Control diet means that you do not lose weight, you gain strength, let me add that the muscles become more tear. MRR is this a good affirmation thought the body becomes more tear. My body seems much more toned .....
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

liondolphin wrote:is there a faq for beginners in layman terms?? im a school dropout ..im not familiar with the scientific lingo
No, there isn't.
We have not been doing this for long yet.
is it a diet where you eat only once per day? and thats in the night?
Yes. But its not just one meal, but eating a lot during (just) a few hours.
Yes, its at night, so that the effect of eating on reconstruction and (re-)building is the most profound.
when we sleep, arent we fasting? so i dont get it why do we have to fast during the day too?
The effects of fasting only becomes beneficial once the spare sugar in your body is gone.
During the night you mainly rely on fats and spare sugar,
so that the effects of fasting will just begin some time after waking up.
and why night? can i eat one big meal at noon instead?
No, you will get too skinny.
That's because at night your body will do the recovery.
And if it has little energy available at that time, there will be less recovery.
So, its very important that your body is flooded with energy right after exercise and during the night.
(hence you better exercise not too long before sleep)
isnt it unnatural to eat at night?
Im not sure. That's hard to tell.
i mean thats when the melanin hormone is at its peak and preparing the body for sleep, isnt it?
Melanin is a pigment in the skin.
You meant to say "melatonin".
In our body, melatonin is produced from serotonin.
Eating lots of food increases serotonin, eventually leading to elevated melatonin.
That's why you may get drowsy, and many people prefer to sleep after a big meal (as in a siesta).
Many people that have problems sleeping all night (waking up during the night),
may solve that issue by always eating a big meal at night (and eating less in the morning / day).
liondolphin

Post by liondolphin »

ah yes i meant melatonin.

consensus in general health sites seem to say that eating a large meal will keep one awake during the night. i really dont know what/who to believe. too much info out there to wade through.

well if your kids are eating @ night, i guess it isn't unnatural to do so after all. so anyway, i am eager to give this warrior diet a try.

the thing is im pretty sedentary.. can you guide me? i dont want to do it wrong. is there a specific time? 6pm? after the sun sets? is there a time limit? no more eating after 10pm? will i feel bloated? im scared my stomach will burst.

will the food combining of orange, avocado, egg and salmon cause any digestive problems? or should i eat them one at a time? and if so, do i what food do i eat first?
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

Having read this thread in its entirety I am encouraged to give the Wai Warrior approach a shot. It seems much more preferable and feasible than the original diet. Certainly helps to know this time around as I recommit that I don't tolerate egg yolk. Fish and oj it is.

@RRM: If one is moderately active all day long how would consuming the protein meal upon rising affect the warrior approach?
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

liondolphin wrote:consensus in general health sites seem to say that eating a large meal will keep one awake during the night.
Yes. Its true for some (due to over-active digestion), but most people sleep well after a big meal.
i really dont know what/who to believe.
Just find out what works for YOU.
the thing is im pretty sedentary.. can you guide me?
Sure, just open a new diary thread for yourself.
i dont want to do it wrong. is there a specific time? 6pm? after the sun sets? is there a time limit? no more eating after 10pm? will i feel bloated? im scared my stomach will burst.
You can start eating at any time in the afternoon, depending on what time you go to bed usually.
You can continue eating until you fall asleep.
You may feel bloated.
Your stomach will never burst. You will throw up way before that.
will the food combining of orange, avocado, egg and salmon cause any digestive problems?
Yes, it may, particularly when the fruits are whole.
You may drink juices first and animal food after.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

djkvan wrote:If one is moderately active all day long how would consuming the protein meal upon rising affect the warrior approach?
Protein consumption stops autophagy, so you must wait till the afternoon / evening
liondolphin

Post by liondolphin »

another thing. im a pretty slow eater. im talking 1g-2g of fruits per minute slow. for fatty fruits like avocado, my rate of eating drops to 0.20g to 0.6g per minute slow.

that being said, i guess wai warrior is not for me? unless i can start eating once i wake up till i sleep. but that isnt wai warrior anymore huh. sigh.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

RRM. I just wanted to share my first experience at work on WWD...

So... on my first day back to work and on WWD I was quite happy with how things went. I took backup OJ in case my energy faltered but it didn't. I was feeling average when I woke up and a little sluggish riding my bike to work (body waking up I guess?), but an hour into my shift it was like a switch was turned and the energy hit. It was like I was on a different level entirely. I was moving quick and steady, mentally clear and focused and having no difficulty with the physical aspects of my job. It was only by my sixth hour at work (tenth hour of wakefulness) that I began to feel my brain ask for sugar (got a little mentally sluggish), still I felt fine and energetic physically, so no glycogen issues with muscles. Following work I biked powerfully to the local sushi restaurant and grocery store then finally home. I had little difficulty with drinking 1.5L OJ in a couple of minutes and only minimal abdominal pressure felt afterwards unlike the cramping sensation yesterday. Quickly after drinking I was able to clearly hear my digestion sounds which are generally absent.

I am thinking that I need to consume 20% more OJ tonight. Do you think that will take care of my brain's needs throughout tomorrow's shift? I'm not exactly sure how the brain's energy needs are met throughout the day (i.e. liver glycogen, etc...).

P.S. I didn't even take a lunch break today just two cigarette breaks. The upside of not taking a lunch break is that I get paid for an extra half hour each day in lieu which effectively covers 1/3 of my food costs each day ;D . Hmmm... strange thing I have noticed in the last couple of days and especially tonight is that I am experiencing muscle cramping after my meal where if I flex the muscles will cramp and actually lock in place. If you could suggest a reason why this might be happening I'd appreciate any input when you have time.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
liondolphin

Post by liondolphin »

got another question

say if you fast for a day, does that mean you gotta consume double the calories the next day?