Wai Warrior - for autophagy - AN EXPERIMENT

Fasting during the morning and (some part of) the afternoon, eating at night
Iris
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Wai Warrior - for autophagy - AN EXPERIMENT

Post by Iris »

Sorry Emeira, can't help you with that.

Hadn't seen this but you know I've been doing this on and off, partly out of "convenience" but also because sometimes it just feels better?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:is it ok to do wai warrior during pregnancy?
Fasting does significantly change FSH, oestrogen, progesterone and leptin levels.Khoshdel A et al
Exposure to fasting during pregnancy has lasting consequences for adult body height and weight.van Ewijk RJ et al Alwasel SH et al

So, i would advise against doing Wai Warrior during pregnancy.

Fasting does not seem to increase the risk of preterm delivery.Awwad J et al
A bunch of small studies showed no effects of Ramadan on birth weight etc. Ozturk E et al Hizli D et al Moradi M et al
Nina75

Post by Nina75 »

Hello, is it ok to eat salmon when we back to work late (get home as midnight or 1am) ? Or it is better not to eat protein, or it is ok to eat at midnight, 1am ?

Not possible in work because I drink juice for energy .... Because it is a job as a waitress

Not possible the day because I do not like eating protein the day but always before going to sleep. Never the day

Thks

MRR, how much oil do you take per day please ? In milliliter ? How long does a liter bottle for you (olive oil)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nina75 wrote:Hello, is it ok to eat salmon when we back to work late (get home as midnight or 1am) ?
Sure!
how much oil do you take per day please ? In milliliter ?
Only a few drops.
maybe 10 ml?
How long does a liter bottle for you (olive oil)
If its 10 ml / day, that would be 100 days for 1 litre.
fred

Post by fred »

What is best for autophagy :

Eating all day long low caloric/protein food which maintain a certain level of autophagy during the entire day ?
Eating only one massive high caloric/protein meal a day which inhibit autophagy for several hours ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Fasting is best for autophagy.
Each time you eat something, autophagy is inhibited.
So, its better to make that eating window as short as possible. (just several hours of inhibited autophagy instead of many hours)
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

Hi RRM, I follow your Wai-Warrior for autophagy experiment with great interest.
I have some follow up questions for you:
1) do you juice all of the fruits you consume during the one meal eating window ?
2) is the reason to reduce/avoid the fiber which may (negatively) impact the digestion of protein which is consumed during the same one meal within the narrow eating window, and also probably reduce the time (and energy) used dedicated for the positive effects of autophagy (due to the time/energy needed to process the fiber which as well delayes release/uptake of carbs) ?
3) have you reduced consuming the variety of (juicy) fruits such as peaches, nectarine, papayas, kiwis, apples, blueberries, grapes, etc for that reason (to avoid the fiber) ?
4) do you still manage the 23/1 eating window ?
5) can you share more experience, information so far ?
Thanks.
doventin

Post by doventin »

Unless I've missed anything in this thread, RRM juices all the fruits (mainly oranges). You want to avoid fiber because otherwise it would be impossible (or very unpleasant) to consume all of your daily energy in such a small time window.

I'll add a few questions for RRM:
- How much water do you drink during the day?
- how much 'room' do I have in just a one hour eating window for gaining (muscle) weight? Let's say I keep my weight the same if I consume 2000 calories during the eating window, how many calories can I add to that without just turning it into fat?
- I couldn't quite figure it out... Do you use the juicer or the press for oranges now?
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

doventin wrote:Unless I've missed anything in this thread, RRM juices all the fruits (mainly oranges). You want to avoid fiber because otherwise it would be impossible (or very unpleasant) to consume all of your daily energy in such a small time window.
1. That would mean exclusion of many juicy fruits, such as: papaya, blueberries, kiwi, nectarines, peaches, etc - which very much all are health promoting foods.

2. As I understand there is a difference in the effect from insoluble- versus soluble fiber, both in regards to the effects of interference with digestion of amino acids, and the negative effects of bacterial putrefaction.

3. Maybe, to widen the eating window by 1-hour due to inclusion of the above mentioned juicy fruits, will offer more benefit long term?
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

doventin wrote:I'll add a few questions for RRM:
- How much water do you drink during the day?

Do you need to drink water during the day even when not thirsty?

Furthermore, "dry-fasting" due to "no thirst" might accelerate the autophagy...?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Xplorer wrote: papaya, blueberries, kiwi, nectarines, peaches, etc - which very much all are health promoting foods.
Health promoting foods?
All fruits are "health promoting".
Oranges will do just fine.
As I understand there is a difference in the effect from insoluble- versus soluble fiber
They both fill up your stomach, making it a lot harder to ingest sufficient energy in a small time window.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Xplorer wrote:Do you need to drink water during the day even when not thirsty?
No.
Furthermore, "dry-fasting" due to "no thirst" might accelerate the autophagy...?
No.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

The most common eating pattern in modern societies, three meals plus snacks every day, is abnormal from an evolutionary perspective.link
Circadian rhythms occur in all species and even in a cell. Epidemiological studies have supported that disrupt of the circadian cycle evidenced by individuals working night or rotating shifts is strongly associated with metabolic disorder.link Even without reducing caloric intake, and even a high fat diet, if time-restricted fed, may prevent metabolic diseases.link
Circadian dysregulation is not only a critical inducer and promoter of adverse health effects, exacerbating symptom burden, but also hampers recovery.Full Free Text
Time-restricted feeding (actually a key component of intermittent fasting regimens) allows ad libitum energy intake within controlled time frames, generally a 3-12 hour range each day.link
Benefits are proportional to the fasting duration.link
Time-restricted feeding, in which feeding is consolidated to the nocturnal phase, partially restores the highly dynamic daily cyclical fluctuations in gut microbiome composition. Cyclical changes in the gut microbiome from feeding/fasting rhythms contribute to the diversity of gut microflora.link
Nina75

Post by Nina75 »

Very interesting, so it confirms that Wai Warrior is really a good thing?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes :)