Wai Warrior - for autophagy - AN EXPERIMENT

Fasting during the morning and (some part of) the afternoon, eating at night
Kasper
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Wai Warrior - for autophagy - AN EXPERIMENT

Post by Kasper »

I'm thinking about giving this Wai Warrior a shot.

Some things I'm wondering:

1. Do you drink water during the day ?
2. Should I sieve the juice if I want to consume so much juice in one sitting ?
3. I'm thinking about mixing 2-3 L of orange juice with 3-4 egg yolks. Is that okay? Or should I eat it separately ?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

@Kasper: I think:
1. sometimes a little
2. sieving makes it easier to consume more
3. mixing should be fine
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

liondolphin wrote:another thing. im a pretty slow eater. im talking 1g-2g of fruits per minute slow. for fatty fruits like avocado, my rate of eating drops to 0.20g to 0.6g per minute slow.

that being said, i guess wai warrior is not for me?
I think its quite normal that you cannot eat many fruits in a short period of time; they are very filling.
Thats why its so much easier to consume extracted and sived juices instead.
consuming such juices instead of whole fruits, i think you can do WW.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

djkvan wrote:I'm not exactly sure how the brain's energy needs are met throughout the day (i.e. liver glycogen, etc...).
Autophagy frees up glucose for the brain.
I am experiencing muscle cramping after my meal where if I flex the muscles will cramp and actually lock in place. If you could suggest a reason why this might be happening I'd appreciate any input when you have time.
I really have no idea...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

liondolphin wrote:say if you fast for a day, does that mean you gotta consume double the calories the next day?
Yes.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

My truth
Last edited by djkvan on Fri 24 Jan 2014 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Emeira

Re: Wai Warrior - for autophagy

Post by Emeira »

RRM wrote:At 18.00 i exercise, immediately followed by lots of juice.
Mostly sieved OJ (with OO and sugar), but also a little banana juice.
Thats all.
How important on Wai Warrior is to eat immediately after workout? What if i don't? Will i lose muscle mass? Because i exercise early in the morning 7:00 a.m, then i go to work. I start eating only after 11 hours, about 6 p.m. when I am back home.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Wai Warrior - for autophagy

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:How important on Wai Warrior is to eat immediately after workout? What if i don't? Will i lose muscle mass? Because i exercise early in the morning 7:00 a.m, then i go to work. I start eating only after 11 hours, about 6 p.m. when I am back home.
Yes, you will lose muscle mass.
When you fast, you don't just evoke autophagy, but also the conversion of muscle into energy.
If you exercise in the morning and eat in the evening,
the repairing of muscles will be restricted to the bare minimum; the most essential muscles.
To keep your muscles mass, or to expand it, you need to couple the period right after exercise with an overload of nutrients. That's to make the body 'believe' there is no lack of nutrients, so that there is no harm in building muscle mass. Slightly damaged muscles (due to exercise) evokes their repair. The more nutrients available, the greater the percentage of muscle repair and expansion.
If you exercise in the morning, some of the challenged (slightly damaged) muscles may get converted into energy, as there is a 'lack' of energy during the day. So that eventually, a smaller percentage of your muscles will be repaired, restricted to the most essential muscles.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

so what to do for those who exercise in the morning? Overeat before work? Or maybe small snack, for example: 2 bananas after workout, would prevent the loss of muscle mass?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:so what to do for those who exercise in the morning?
Stop working out in the morning; move the exercise to the evening.
Or be fine with being thin.
Overeat before work?
No, because then the overeating will not coincide with the recovery phase (sleep).
The overeating needs to extend to right before sleep, so that during the recovery phase the overload of nutrients will fully support an anabolic state (the (re)construction of muscles).
Or maybe small snack, for example: 2 bananas after workout, would prevent the loss of muscle mass?
No, you cannot prevent the break down of muscle for energy during autophagy.
A snack (small or large) will only postpone or decrease both (muscle conversion and autophagy).
When doing an autophagy diet, you will either get thin, or do things exactly right.
If the exercise phase and the anabolic phase are separated too much, the positive effects of exercise on muscle volume will be minimal.

Exercise causes micro-injuries to the muscles, thus labelling them for breakdown (for energy) when little energy is available. Hence you need to overload the body with nutrients right after exercise to prevent the breakdown of 'labelled' muscle tissue, and to stimulate maximum recovery / expansion.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

thanks for answering RRM
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

... one more question,
currently 250 grams of fish / meat / yolks per day
Do you eat 250 g. of yolks per day? It is about 15 eggs, right? ... quite a lot. How many times per week?
dime

Post by dime »

I think he meant combined fish, meat, yolks.
Dreamer

Post by Dreamer »

It's now been quite a long time since you started, are you still doing it and how is it going ? :)
Emeira wrote:... one more question,
currently 250 grams of fish / meat / yolks per day
Do you eat 250 g. of yolks per day? It is about 15 eggs, right? ... quite a lot. How many times per week?
I'm also curious about your egg consumption, RRM.

Also what do you think would be the best approach regarding doing cardio (running), walking and yoga on warrior diet? Does it matter how active you are during the day? For example would it be fine to do 1h yoga session when waking up in the morning, then 1h walk during daytime, 1h run in the afternoon, and 30min walk right before going to sleep (also working out before eating in the evening)?

And if one were to only sleep 6 hours, would that be OK?

Also would sometimes not perfectly ripe oranges pose a problem in perhaps juice being too acidic ? I am just thinking how to handle situation when oranges are not perfectly sweet (so as not to fail the diet).
Do you add sugar to your juice?
And do you consume any oil on the warrior diet?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dime wrote:
Emeira wrote:Do you eat 250 g. of yolks per day?
I think he meant combined fish, meat, yolks.
Yes, indeed.
Its about 250 to 300 grams of raw animal food daily.
Sometimes that's just fish, or beef, and sometimes its a mixture of yolks and fish or beef.
dreamer wrote:It's now been quite a long time since you started, are you still doing it and how is it going ? :)
Yes, im still doing it.
Suits me perfectly.
Gaining muscle weight is much easier on WW.
Also what do you think would be the best approach regarding doing cardio (running), walking and yoga on warrior diet?
That depends on what you want.
If you want to tone down, you can do those exercises any time in the morning, day or evening, as long its before eating. (after eating, digestion takes too much energy)
If you want to maintain or increase muscle volume, you better exercise not too long before eating.
The less time in between, the more effective regarding volume gain.
Does it matter how active you are during the day?
Not really. What does matter, is when you do the exercise.
And if one were to only sleep 6 hours, would that be OK?
That depends on what you want, and how well your body can cope with that (most people need more sleep).
Also would sometimes not perfectly ripe oranges pose a problem in perhaps juice being too acidic ?
Its bad for teeth and stomach, and contain less nutrients and more anti-nutrients.
I am just thinking how to handle situation when oranges are not perfectly sweet (so as not to fail the diet).
You can let them sit for a while.
After a few weeks to months they will be sweeter.
Do you add sugar to your juice?
Most of the time, yes. For easy energy.
And do you consume any oil on the warrior diet?
A few drops in my OJ.