Wai Warrior - for autophagy - AN EXPERIMENT

Fasting during the morning and (some part of) the afternoon, eating at night
panacea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Wai Warrior - for autophagy - AN EXPERIMENT

Post by panacea »

What is the best time to fast?
Eat as much as your body can safely handle is as short as a time as possible, and then fast until you need that much ingested energy again. Ingest no more or less than this amount of energy, as it is your optimal amount.

What is the best time to exercise?
Once food has been largely digested, in healthy people, this is usually no longer than 2 hours after eating. It may be longer for large "intermittent fasting" meals.

What is the best time to eat?
Eat as much as your body can safely handle is as short as a time as possible, and then fast until you need that much ingested energy again. Ingest no more or less than this amount of energy, as it is your optimal amount.

Duration and quantities vary by the spectrum of health. For example, bowel movement transition times, whether you soil yourself and need toilet paper, urine capacity in the bladder, all vary based mostly on health (besides physical size of your body or age). There is no ideal time to pee or defecate for all people, just as there is no ideal time or schedule or habit to eat, sleep, and fast for all people. The health of the person, determined by their diet history, exercise history, and environmental variable history, all affects what is ideal for them, the spectrum is large. Sick/unhealthy people would not fare well on large meals like wai warrior, even though they may do well in the fasting part (or not, depending on how sick). Sick/unhealthy people don't fare well on tough-to-digest foods, healthy people can, because it matters less... there is no definitive diet that works for everyone all the time, or we wouldve found it by now. Even wai is not good if you are severely sick. Fruits or raw flesh can aggravate your digestive system more than soup in some circumstances.

For example, an average person may eat 3 meals a day. A healthy person would digest each of those meals in about 1.5 hours, leaving the rest of the day available for other things like detox/immunity/exercise/etc. Unhealthy people may take 4-5 hours to digest the same meal each meal, leaving much less time, furthering the vicious cycle of decay.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Digestion takes energy and blood.
Blood going to digestion cannot go to the muscles.
In line with this, my personal observation is that i perform better (most weight, most reps),
if i exercise after fasting.
If you exercise after fasting, a post-exercise meal is crucial for glycogen repletion, and muscle growth.

So, exercise after fasting, and eating after exercise.
And, like a lion, go to sleep after eating a lot.
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:
djkvan wrote:Apparently many primates often consume their entire day's food intake in a single concentrated one-hour foraging window.
http://phys.org/news/2013-12-in-depth-a ... abits.html
Exactly.
And then they rest / sleep.
To my knowledge, bonobo and chimpanze who are the closest living relatives of human eat all day.
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:
Digestion takes energy and blood.
Blood going to digestion cannot go to the muscles.
In line with this, my personal observation is that i perform better (most weight, most reps),
if i exercise after fasting.
If you exercise after fasting, a post-exercise meal is crucial for glycogen repletion, and muscle growth.
In this interview : http://chadwaterbury.com/the-truth-abou ... nutrition/, Ori Hofmekler (Warrior Diet) does not recommend to ingest simple carbs after training because it impairs insuline sensitivity and prevent the post-exercice fat burning process.

So, exercise after fasting, and eating after exercise.
And, like a lion, go to sleep after eating a lot.
I thought lions like other predators were not good example because they have a short lifespan ??
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:I have been on WW one year now.
[...]
then i will increase fasting to achieve this.
The fact that you need less energy intake can also be explained by the rest given to your digestive and hormonal systems during the fast. Your body is able to better digest food and assimilate nutrients after resting for a long fast.

Did you try to reduce your protein intake ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:To my knowledge, bonobo and chimpanze who are the closest living relatives of human eat all day.
If you eat a lot of fibrous food, you need to eat all day.
It would be simply impossible for me to do WW this way on a diet of whole fruits.
We dont have to live like bonobos.
We best do what is optimal, instead.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:Ori Hofmekler (Warrior Diet) does not recommend to ingest simple carbs after training because it impairs insuline sensitivity
Mr Hofmekler is one of those people that still thinks that sugars cause diabetes, huh?
Thats outdated info.
Sugars do not impair insulin sensitivity.
Consuming food beyond your energy needs impairs insulin sensistivity.
After fasting and exercise, you need a lot of sugars to be converted into glycogen.
That does not impair insulin sensitivity.
Only when glycogen stores are fully replenished, thats when extra incoming sugars need to be converted into fatty acids (and glycerol)

Impaired insulin sensitivity is most related to overweight.
Thats because you can only get fat by consuming more energy than required. (consuming carbs when glycogen stores are full)
and prevent the post-exercice fat burning process.
So, you want to burn fat 24/7?
Fred, we are talking about WW, intermittent fasting.
We dont need to burn fat post exercise.
We are burning fat all the time, except after exercise and eating.
If you want to build muscles, you need an anabolic phase too.
Burning fat is for the catabolic phase (fasting most of the day).
Building muscle is for the anabolic phase.

I thought lions like other predators were not good example because they have a short lifespan ??
Lifespan of a fruit fly is extremely short, but we learned very valuable lessons about increasing lifespan by studying them.
About autophagy, for example.
And how we can apply that knowledge on humans.
If you want to live long and you also dont want to be skinny,
you need to both evoke autophagy and implement a muscle building strategy.
Fasting is for autophagy.
Exercise after fasting, eat after exercise and sleep after eating is for building muscle.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:The fact that you need less energy intake can also be explained by the rest given to your digestive and hormonal systems during the fast. Your body is able to better digest food and assimilate nutrients after resting for a long fast.
Actually, digestion is optimal when food intake is spread throughout the day.
Its easier for your intestines to digest small meals.
Try to stuff yourself / eat too much in one sitting, and you will know what i mean.
Autophagy explains why we need less energy when fasting.
During autophagy, we use damaged organelles for energy.
Hence we need less energy from food.
Lots of studies have shown this.
Nina75

Post by Nina75 »

I do not quite understand your previous posts RRM ? You want to stop the Warrior Diet ? You doing right now ? Regular Wai is very well especially for those finally discovered the site and diet but I personally find that Wai Warrior is much better.

Including: sport, especially fitness, much easier I think, a very low fat. The teeth and energy.

Although a great recovery because as you explain after fasting followed by fitness and then a lot of juice, so as to fill the body good easy nutrients the body to rebuild and perfectly targeted muscles .. Many studies and site confirms this anabolic phase.

I never would stop. Most often my feed phase is 20h in the evening but sometimes 17-18-19h.

But whatever happens I never eat / drink anything before 16h-17 because it does not bother me at all, on the contrary, and of course the weight does not fall otherwise.
Oh, and also, Wii Warrior weight is more easily maintained and never fall, instead it is even much easier to gain weight I think. Funny is not it ?

You say maybe later you'll shrink your window power .... It seems to me that you already have a short window of two hours power ..... This means that you'll pass an hour ? I do not understand ?
fred

Post by fred »

IMHO, eating when growth hormone and autophagie are at their peak (right after a fasted training) is not optimal, but it is obviously impossible to do otherwise with a window of only 2 hours to eat and exercice.
In my experience, I don't want any food after a fasted vigorous training. Digestion is shutdown and blood is in the muscle. I much prefer to wait one or two hours that hunger comes back. But I have a feeding window of 6-8 hours (just starting IF for a couple of weeks). Will see how it goes with a smaller window.

Thank you RRM to share your experience and insights on this very interesting subject.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nina75 wrote:I do not quite understand your previous posts RRM ? You want to stop the Warrior Diet ?
No.
Not at all.
Im just wondering how fast the previously accumulated damaged organelles will be used up.
When that happens, i have to adjust the eating window. (make it bigger)
If it doesnt happen in a year, i will also adjust the eating window. (make it smaller)
instead it is even much easier to gain weight I think. Funny is not it ?
Yes, exactly.
That is because of the strong anabolic phase after exercise and eating.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:IMHO, eating when growth hormone and autophagie are at their peak (right after a fasted training) is not optimal
That depends on what your goal is.
If you want some muscle mass, it is essential.
Even the article that you linked to, says so (in bold).
Your link:
If an athlete is training fasted, then a post-workout meal is critical.
after a fasted vigorous training. Digestion is shutdown
Its not a diesel.
If your stomach is empty, and then you drink some juice, your digestion will pick up immediately.
The sugars will be utilized in no time.
But, indeed, you should not eat bread or beans right after fasting and exercise.
and blood is in the muscle.
There is always blood in the muscles.
There is always blood in the skin.
There is always blood in your digestive system.
etc.
Whether you sleep or exercise.
You really think that an empty stomach cannot handle juice right after exercise?
I much prefer to wait one or two hours that hunger comes back.
If hunger is defined as "empty glycogen stores", you are hungry right after fasting and exercise.
If hunger is defined as "an empty stomach", you are hungry right after fasting and exercise.
If you dont exeperience hunger right after fasting and exercise, its because of the stress hormones that numb you.
Adrenalin makes you forget about food.
If you want to wait, fine, but it is certainly not optimal with regards to gaining muscle.
If you want to be (increasingly) skinny, thats your choice.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

It doesn't make sense to me to regularly engage in a sustained vigorous rate of exercise that is stressful to the point of adrenalin/cortisol release (e.g. simulated fight-or-flight). Having read the description of your exercise regimen it doesn't seem to me that you do this, RRM. I prefer walking and gentle bicycling with occasional short bursts of elevated activity levels.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its not stressful in the sense that i experience stress.
The stress is physical.
GH, cortisol, adrenalin are stress hormones.
When you fast or exercise, such hormones are released, to get you the sugars that you need.
Autophagy in that sense, is also a stress response.
But unlike 'normal stress' (as one may experience at work), this kind of stress prolongs life.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

is it ok to do wai warrior during pregnancy?