Fictors Fasting Adventures

Fasting during the morning and (some part of) the afternoon, eating at night
bravenewfictor
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Fictors Fasting Adventures

Post by bravenewfictor »

RRM wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2017 18:17
bravenewfictor wrote: Wed 30 Aug 2017 10:43 If anyone wants to see I am called alexwinsloew there.
F5 co-founder?
I just started following you (@topfitafter50)
F5 is the business I run with my brothers. Just followed you back, cool to be able to keep track!

Just had 400 grams of fish prepared the way you showed in that youtube video (warm water, not boiling) with salt, melted butter and some boiled veggies. Raw mashed banans with raw yolks and olive oil as a starter, and then some more for dessert ;) The perks of eating once per day!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

bravenewfictor wrote: Thu 31 Aug 2017 22:22 F5 is the business I run with my brothers.
Wow, thats really cool: running a business with your brothers. No surprises there. You know exactly what each one can, and cannot.
Just had 400 grams of fish prepared the way you showed in that youtube video (warm water, not boiling) with salt, melted butter and some boiled veggies. Raw mashed banans with raw yolks and olive oil as a starter, and then some more for dessert ;) The perks of eating once per day!
Sounds great.
Do you brothers eat 'normal food'?
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

RRM wrote: Sat 02 Sep 2017 16:18 Wow, thats really cool: running a business with your brothers. No surprises there. You know exactly what each one can, and cannot.
Yep, we know each other quite well by now :)
RRM wrote: Sat 02 Sep 2017 16:18 Do you brothers eat 'normal food'?
Hehe, if completely, utterly shitty diets are normal, then yes! :lol:

They dont really pay that much attention to what they eat, and love junkfood and candy (as did I, way back). Any effort by me to "convert" them would be dismissed rather instantly, I am afraid.
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Doing a little experiment! 800 grams of fish/meat/eggs per day, just to see if I have gotten completely "immune" to eating too much protein. Two days in now, I will let you know in a weeks time if it resulted in any acne or not.
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

It might be just placebo, but it is like I can already see some more muscle definition and feel better recovery after only a few days of even higher protein intake! No acne so far. The squat (92,5 kg) was easier than 90 kg. felt on my last workout. Looking forward to my 800 grams of fish tonight :)
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

Wow.. that's quite a lot! :o
I am curious if it stays the same when you do this day after day. Sometimes it seems the proteins builds up and after a few days there's a sudden outbreak due to the 'heavy protein days' before in accumulation. But on the other hand: all is "clean protein", worth trying.
What's your current eating window? Anyhow, very interesting try-out! Keep us posted!
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Still doing well with 800 grams. My skin looks and feels exactly the same, and i only have very minor acne (similar to 100% regular wai and 400 grams of animal food wai worrior, with some boiled vegetables).

Eating window varies from 1 to 8 hours, usually about 3-4 hours.

Sidenote: on a couple of days (maybe 5 times i 2 months) I have taken some caffeine pills during the fast. Dose raning from 100 to 400 mg. It gives me a wonderful boost, as I havent had coffee for almost 15 years now! No side effects that I have noticed so far. Most enjoyable at 200-400 mg.
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Update: still doing well on 800 grams daily. Usually ground meat + egg yolks on workout days (3 per week), and fish on all other days.

Enjoying the ability to tolerate boiled vegetables! Yesterday the weather was awfull, rainy and cold, and I made a hot soup for my (pre workout) early dinner with the kids. Carrots, potatos, mashed tomato, water and a little onion. Salt and herbs, and a spoonfull of butter right before serving. I havent had anything like that for years and years, and it tastes great on a cold autumn day.

Haha, I get hungry from writing about food when fasted! 😄
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

That's great! And I know the feeling!
Nowadays I eat mixed boiled or steamed vegetables at dinner with avocado and salmon. No issues whatsoever with my skin, only thing is that I don't like all the fibres in my stomach / bowels. But I does feel great to be able to eat "normal" (although it isn't considered optimum food in Wai perspective) without a disaster in your face the next day.
And I need to eat enough carbs before, because otherwise I keep longing for sweets. What's your c:f ratio?
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

MarciavD wrote: Tue 12 Sep 2017 12:05 That's great! And I know the feeling!
I bet you can relate! Feels good indeed :)
MarciavD wrote: Tue 12 Sep 2017 12:05 What's your c:f ratio?
I dont really know, as I only weigh my animal foods. The carb-containing food I dont weigh before eating it. What I can share is that I use heaps of butter on my boiled veggies, and lots of olive oil with my bananas and yolks. I eat more carbs, and more in general, on training days.
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Still doing well with 800 grams. Yesterday I had almost 900 gr. actually (had some salmon that was about to turn bad, needed to clear the plate ;)) plus two yolks! I am most certainly experiencing increased anabolic effects now. I am truly enjoying being somewhat "bigger" and more muscular, although I want to stay lean, and not get my bodyfat percentage too high.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

Nice to hear you're doing well! :)
Don't you ingest way too much protein right now? I once read the maximum is 2.5 gr per kilo bodyweight for health reasons, but I don't know for sure if that's true (and of course I don't know your stats). Or is it just a test for you in search for your upper limit regarding skin health? I wonder if it's really healthy and if it will have negative effect on long term.
And are you more muscular or is there also more water retention = more bulky look and therefore bigger?
Do you eat organic meat / wild caught salmon / organic eggyolk ?
Lots of questions, I know... Very curious over here!
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

MarciavD wrote: Fri 15 Sep 2017 19:19 Don't you ingest way too much protein right now? I once read the maximum is 2.5 gr per kilo bodyweight for health reasons, but I don't know for sure if that's true (and of course I don't know your stats).
i am at 70 kilos right now, and at the very most I am having 2 grams of protein per kilo of body weight. Most days less.
MarciavD wrote: Fri 15 Sep 2017 19:19 is it just a test for you in search for your upper limit
It is.
MarciavD wrote: Fri 15 Sep 2017 19:19 And are you more muscular or is there also more water retention = more bulky look and therefore bigger?
Sure, some if my extra size is probably water, but probably not that much, or I would be breaking out.
MarciavD wrote: Fri 15 Sep 2017 19:19 Do you eat organic meat / wild caught salmon / organic eggyolk
Sometimes, but not all the time. When I can afford it.

Keep em comin, I dont mind!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote: Fri 15 Sep 2017 19:19 Don't you ingest way too much protein right now?
When fasting, you start using protein for energy big time once liver glycogen has been depleted.
As a result, your blood protein levels have hit rock bottom after fasting.
So that you first have to replenish all those lost amino acids (protein) before your protein intake actually starts to count.
Logically, on WW my protein tolerance is about 3 times bigger than normal, whereas before, even only a 10% increase was already too much each time i tried..
chris75001

Post by chris75001 »

I'm happy for you but why so?

I can understand the joy and the urge to experiment to move to 50 grams per day at 250-400 grams days but go to 800-900 grams day? Even if it is raw it does not make too much protein?

I am very happy with the intermittent fasting, to be able to eat 500 grams of protein per day without any effect on my skin but after 500-600 grams I am not a little greedy.

And Fictor also at the price of protein? it must be expensive? 1 kilos per day is for example 20 euros if the tuna is 20 euros per kilos ... Against 10 euros if you consume 500 grams.

And I think that with evening sport followed by a lot of juice with sugar and 500 grams of fish taken quickly after the sport and the juice allows you to progress quickly.