Fictors Fasting Adventures

Fasting during the morning and (some part of) the afternoon, eating at night
fictor
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Fictors Fasting Adventures

Post by fictor »

Ohoy!

I read about RRM and you other guys experimenting with IF on Wai, and (having done some IF on a raw diet of veggies and raw fish) started my own experiment already the next day. Now, tree days in, my skin looks better than on the veggie-diet, I feel great and I did my best bench press session ever yesterday! I lifted 80 kilos 8 times (my bodyweight is only 65-70 kg, and my previous personal record was 80 kilos x 5).

I fast for 16 hours, eat 4 "meals" during 8 hours, and then fast for another 16. I typically eat:
Two pineapples and 1-2 bananas with cocnut or olive oil before working out (one muscle group every day)
2 liters of orange juice with coconut or olive oil after working out in the evening
2 bananas (mashed) with 75 grams of egg yolk, some raw honey and cocnut and olive oil

I also take a multi vitamin/mineral (I know, not very Wai of me, but it has quite low doses, as the regulations for this is quite strict in Norway, so I am not really megadosing on anything) and a spoon of cod liver oil. Sometimes also some B12 powder.

Since I started I have lost a couple of kilos (not unusual, my weight fluctuate all the time, between 65 and 70 kilos).

I will keep doing this for now, keeping track of weight, strength and skin. Very happy so far :)
RRM
Administrator

Re: Fictors Fasting Adventures

Post by RRM »

Thank you Fictor. Its inspiring to read.
fictor

Post by fictor »

A little acne today, but nothing major. Skin looks good apart from some small blemishes on my forehead.

Ate some dried figs yesterday (a lot of fiber) but digestion is still pretty good! :)

I will be breaking the fast with some bananas, pineaple and wine/drinks today. Alchohol usually dont make me break out, or cause any other noticeable
negative effects, as I usually drink moderatly, and a lot of water after having consumed the alchohol.
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

First of all, hello again! After trying to log in using my old account countless times, with no joy, I made a new one.

I fell off the wagon due to increase in acne, and due to the fact that this diet was isanely expensive 😅

A couple of months ago, after reading a lot about autophagy, insulin, ketosis etc. I was inspired to give fasting another go. This time, i ingested small amounts of cocnut oil during the fast (typically 1-2 teaspoons during a 16-23 hour fast). I dont know if this is the cause, but at least the fasting has not led to an increase in acne this time around.

I did this for 1-2 months, eating whatever wai and raw non-wai foods I felt like, during the eating window. I kept my animal good intake constant (60 grams of fish/meat, sometimes a little more when I feel like it).

The next experiment was a ketogenic, seminar wai, all raw diet, with intermittent fasting. I ate a mixture of raw nut-butter, tjen an avocado, green salad and olive oil salad, then fish (started out at my usual amount). I figured the "ketosis adaptation" process would be quick, since I was already dipping into light ketosis during fasting. However, I felt increasingly worse over the next three days. After that, I felt normal, but weak. No "ketone breath", and I did not check urine for ketones. After 5-6 days, I decided to quit. The only time I felt good, was after eating fish (i increased the amount up to a little more than 100 grams).

Now, I have set up a new plan. My goals are to:
Keep inslin low to burn excess fat
Stimulate autophagy

I will fast for minimum 16 hours per day. I will eat a small fruit meal prior to exercise (typically a ripe banana with some berries or dates), then I will eat as much as I feel like of semi-Wai avocdo salad, then fish (gradually increasing the amount). I will get less sugars than on my previous Wai warrior diet, but a lot of fat for energy, and enough sugars to stay out of ketosis (might revisit this in the furutre, if my protein tolerance is greatly increased). I think this would work netter for me. I dont mind the fibre, and dont like having large amounts of juice in one sitting.

In the weekends (1-3 days a week) I will fast as uansett
usual, but indulge in all kinds of Wai foods and some raw non Wai foods after the fast. Probably also some wine from time to time.

Will keep you guys posted.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

"bravenewfictor"
What made Fictor brave? and new? ;)
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Aytundra wrote: Wed 15 Feb 2017 13:42 "bravenewfictor"
What made Fictor brave? and new? ;)
Haha, I was always brave, and the new part is just because I did not manage to reset the password for my original account 😉
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome back :)
You could've sent an email so I could fix it. Still can, actually, if you want. Let me know :)
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Oscar wrote: Wed 15 Feb 2017 17:32 Welcome back :)
You could've sent an email so I could fix it. Still can, actually, if you want. Let me know :)
Thanks Oscar! If it is all the same to you, I will just keep on being brave and new 😉 If you prefer to not have "dead" accounts, feel free to help me reactivate the old one 😊
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't mind either way :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Good to have you back, fictor.
Please keep us posted
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

I have made a small change: i now eat the pre workout meal as a pre bedtime meal instead, and work out fasted every day.

So far, do good! My skin is clear, actually better and better every day. I am going to increase animal food intake with 10 more grams per day from March, and continue to increase every month. The fasting in itself is also becoming more and more easy, I would almost say enjoyable.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

bravenewfictor wrote: Thu 23 Feb 2017 15:20 I have made a small change: i now eat the pre workout meal as a pre bedtime meal instead, and work out fasted every day.
Yes, that is better.
You are not using the pre-workout meal for your workout anyway, and digestion takes quite some energy.
During the night the protein is used for reconstruction, and the carbs to replenish glycogen.
The fasting in itself is also becoming more and more easy, I would almost say enjoyable.
Yes, you are discovering the advantage of not needing to deal with digestion in the fasting window.
After eating, your energy level goes down (which is fine while sleeping).
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Still going strong! Animal food intake at 85 grams per day now.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Fasting 16 hrs or building up?
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Fasting for minimum 16 hours (most days more like18-21 hours).