Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Fictors Fasting Adventures

Post by Oscar »

Going well then :)
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Yep, i think so! Feeling good all day while fasting, enjoying food a lot in the evening, sleeping well, little-no acne, getting more ripped and seemingly not loosing any muscle. Even spending slightly less money on food. I am not complaining :)
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

I now train fasted only when doing hiit-running and boxing. On my strength-training days, i do a pre workout meal (2-4 hours before working out), and generally eat more, and a lot more carbohydrate on these days.

Animal foods (usually fish or meat) are up to 95 grams a day. Still not having much breakouts at all.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What is your weight?
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

RRM wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2017 15:48What is your weight?
My weight fluctuates between 65 and 70 kg. I am around 175 tall (or not so tall, if you will ;)). I have not measured body fat in many years, but I would say I am low, although not extremely low (yet).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ah, ok. I was just wondering whether the protein was sufficient, but it seems fine then.
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

RRM wrote: Wed 29 Mar 2017 19:01 Ah, ok. I was just wondering whether the protein was sufficient, but it seems fine then.
I dont think I am loosing muscle mass, if so, it is not much. But I will basically keep increasing protein intake until I notice more acne, or get tired og eating fish/meat/yolks (not anytime soon, I love that stuff!).
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

I tried making a big leap in protein intake, and increased to 130 grams of fish/meat/yolk par day two or three days ago. We will see in about a week or so if this is too much or fine. If i am clear still then, i will keep on increasing.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

When fasting, we use a lot more amino acids for energy, depleting the blood amino acid pool. So that when you start consuming food again, first that pool will be repleted before water retention can occur. Therefore, you should be more protein tolerant now.
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Yep, i figuren that is the reason. But, I do hope the increased intake will allow for somewhat more muscle growth, as more protein will be avaliable after training. Even though more is used for energy throughout the fast.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Exactly. If it (increasing insulin sensitivity and extra protein) has an anabolic effect in me at the age of 51, it must also have an anabolic effect in you.
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

I increased to 150 grams of animal food yesterday. I will do that for 1-2 weeks, and if there is not acne, I will go directly to 200 g.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Please keep us posted
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Will do. So far do good.

By the way, have you tested your tolerance for other (non Wai) foods as well, RRM? The last four days I have been making homemade, "raw" chocolate sweetened with stevia, as an experiment. It seems to be working fine. Maybe the body get so effective at "cleaning up" from the fasting that other foods can be tolerated better as well? I have been stuffing my face with the stuff! :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Good thinking!
Yes, it is the combination of both AGEs and non-glycated proteins that determines how much (excess) water is retained.
And, yes, fasting will drastically decrease both of them, so that your tolerance for AGEs increases.
When i was still very much acne-prone, it was particular a repeated intake of something 'bad' that made me break out, and rarely an isolated incident that could trigger acne. So that acne was mostly caused by the accumulation of AGEs over the course of a couple of days. And as fasting eliminates that accumulation, your tolerance will actually be much higher.
You found a 'cure' Fictor. (a very healthy one)
That is something we can share on other acne forums!
Agree?
Shall we design a strategy?
Anyone care to weigh in here?

Shall we design an info page? (on WaiWiki?)