Want to lose some body fat, be lean and shredded

Fasting- 20hour.
Eating window 4hour.
Emeira

Re: going to try WW

Post by Emeira »

Day 1.
7am wake up
8:30 - 17:30 Office job, sitting all day.
18pm - hiit workout 15-30min.
18:45pm - i broke my fast with:

Orange juice 300g, honeydew melon juice 800g, peach juice 200g, banana juice 380g, carrot juice 150,Celery juice 100g cucumber juice 200g.
Previously frozen mackerel 95g

Kcal 1160; Pro 32g. Carb 240g. Fat 16.5g
Summarize: the first day was easy.

Day 2.
7am wake up

Orange juice 150, honeydew melon juice 1250g, nectarine juice 250g, carrot juice 260g, cucumber juice 500g, apple juice 150g.
coconut oil 5, olive oil 10g. bone marrow 6g, raw veal shank meat 125g. duck egg yolk 25g.

Kcal 1432; Pro 48g. Carb 253g. Fat 35g
Summarize: had puffy face and eyes in the morning, felt weak, sleepy and very hungry till 12am. had little energy during a workout.

Day 3.
7am wake up

Orange juice 150, honeydew melon juice 1000g, peach juice 400, banana juice 460g, cucumber juice 400
olive oil 2g. bone marrow 8g, raw veal shank meat 115g.

Kcal 1335; Pro 39g. Carb 280g. Fat 17g
Summarize: again, puffy face and eyes in the morning, acidic taste in the mouth, coated tongue, mild bloating, little energy during a workout.

Day 4.
7am wake up

Orange juice 300, honeydew melon juice 1500, peach juice 400, banana juice 400, cucumber juice 400

Kcal 1311; Pro 18g. Carb 329g. Fat 4,5g
Summarize: swollen face, puffy red eyes in the morning, acidic taste in the mouth, coated tongue and more bloating.
Something is wrong with my digestion, today i didn't eat any meat, maybe i should try to limit meat intake in total?
For expl. only two egg yolks/day? just i am afraid to lose muscle mass.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You're not eating all this in one go, are you (since you write : "i broke my fast with:")?
I think you eat too little. How many kcal did you eat on Wai Regular?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Oscar wrote:You're not eating all this in one go, are you (since you write : "i broke my fast with:")?
I think you eat too little. How many kcal did you eat on Wai Regular?
approximately within 3 - 4hours.
On regular wai i was eating 1900-2100 kcal. but this amount of calories is more for weight maintenance.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Personally I would first get used to WW, and then fiddle with energy intake. However, I think you can eat a bit less than on WR to start with, but more around 1800kcal. If that turns out to be too much, you can always slowly make it less.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Oscar wrote:Personally I would first get used to WW, and then fiddle with energy intake. However, I think you can eat a bit less than on WR to start with, but more around 1800kcal. If that turns out to be too much, you can always slowly make it less.
It's a challenge for me to consume more than 1500 kcal. during eating window. I feel stuffed after drinking so much juices. Maybe more calorie dense fruits (bananas juice, for example), would be better choice.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If you make sure to get all your micronutrients then you could add sugar instead of drinking more juice. Alternatively you could start with a bigger eating window.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Oscar wrote:If you make sure to get all your micronutrients then you could add sugar instead of drinking more juice. Alternatively you could start with a bigger eating window.
Oscar, how many calories do you consume per day? How much protein?
The only thing that bothers me is acidic mouth in the morning. My saliva pH is only 5.5-6 and that is way too acidic! I do clean my teeth daily, but still have noticed tooth decay during wai diet. "Tooth decay is caused by acid-producing bacteria in your mouth that feast on carbohydrates".

I really love fruits and fruit juices, just that sour taste in mouth every morning is bother me alot.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I calculated an amount of about 2300kcal, of which 57g is protein. Fruit juice (orange juice) amount is around 600ml per day.
On WW tooth decay should drop dramatically or disappear altogether, because of the extended time the teeth have to remineralize. When (and how) did you measure the pH of your saliva?
Maybe drinking some water helps with the morning taste? I drink about 1 big glass of water during the day.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Oscar wrote:I calculated an amount of about 2300kcal, of which 57g is protein. Fruit juice (orange juice) amount is around 600ml per day.
Only 600 ml of juice? What else do you eat?
On WW tooth decay should drop dramatically or disappear altogether, because of the extended time the teeth have to remineralize.
Maybe drinking some water helps with the morning taste? I drink about 1 big glass of water during the day.
During fasting time my teeth are fine and pH is good. Only after drinking juices, eating fruits and in the mornings (after awakening), i must drink a glass of water to neutralize acidic taste in mouth
When (and how) did you measure the pH of your saliva?
as soon as i wake up with pH test strips
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Emeira on Sun 16 Aug 2015 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

By the way Oscar, how much do you weigh?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Avocado, tomato, dates, brazil nuts, coconut oil, almond butter, banana, salmon, egg yolks, sugar. I'm 1m71 and weigh around 54kg (yesterday it was 56kg with clothes on). I'm surprised it's so much, but I guess I need it.

It's kinda strange that your pH is so low, which you'd expect right after eating/drinking, but not in the morning after fasting/sleeping. Are you sure your dental hygiene is up to par?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Oscar wrote:Avocado, tomato, dates, brazil nuts, coconut oil, almond butter, banana, salmon, egg yolks, sugar. I'm 1m71 and weigh around 54kg (yesterday it was 56kg with clothes on). I'm surprised it's so much, but I guess I need it.
So you are on more low carb wai diet version?
It's kinda strange that your pH is so low, which you'd expect right after eating/drinking, but not in the morning after fasting/sleeping. Are you sure your dental hygiene is up to par?
Yes, I am sure.
Now my eating window is near sleep time, so I'll try to eat a few hours earlier and see how it goes
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I wouldn't say low-carb, because it's still 1.4:1 carb:fat ratio. Maybe you could also try eating a more alkaline/less acidic/fatty meal before you stop eating, see if that makes a difference.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Oscar wrote:Maybe you could also try eating a more alkaline/less acidic/fatty meal before you stop eating, see if that makes a difference.
What foods/food combinations you may recommend?
I thought all fruits and vegetables promote an alkaline body once eaten. Meat/fat more acidic, no?