going to try WW

Fasting during the morning and (some part of) the afternoon, eating at night
Emeira
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: going to try WW

Post by Emeira »

MarciavD wrote:How long have you been doing WW this time?
Did you experience the same thing the first time on WW?
~2 months, fasting time was 16-18 hours. Don't remember about the first time though, but my body is super sensitive if it feels stress (too much exercise or food/calorie restriction) it immediately shuts down my period, grrr... :(
Longest time I had regular period when I was eating many meals per day, high carb + 4-7 yolks (or more)/day. For exercising: interval - body weight workouts 15-30min.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

fasting time was 16-18 hours
Recommendations on internet are 14h of fasting for women. Maybe that would work for you?
And did you start cutting calories as you said you were going to do? Do you experience stress? How is your sleep? Do you eat enough yolks/fat..
I mean: are you sure it's the fasting causing this?

Hormones are terrible, in my opinion. Always trouble..
They also say the benefits of intermittent fasting aren't the same for men and women.
Unfair.. although I somewhere read that RRM stated the benefits are equal, it's just a hard thing to find out what works / what doesn't disturb your hormones.

I understand that you don't want to risk any trouble getting pregnant in the future.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

MarciavD wrote:Recommendations on internet are 14h of fasting for women. Maybe that would work for you?
Maybe, I will shorten my fasting time for 12-14h
And did you start cutting calories as you said you were going to do? Do you experience stress? How is your sleep? Do you eat enough yolks/fat..
kcal was decreased from 2300 to 2100... its a minimal change, doubtfully could have any effect on period. Sleep quality varies, it is deeper when i have less stressful/anxious thoughts. Now I eat only two yolks, but I'll increase it to 7 next week.
I mean: are you sure it's the fasting causing this?
Most likely
I understand that you don't want to risk any trouble getting pregnant in the future.
yep, this is the main reason
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:Maybe, I will shorten my fasting time for 12-14h
Yes, that seems a good idea to me; adjusting the fasting period until it suits you.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

i got my period back (don't know it is because of increased number of yolks from 2 to 7, or because fasting time decreased from 18h to 13h), it was late by 14 days. For women who struggles with menstruation problems, I suggest be careful with intermittent fasting or just do shorter fasting time. And EAT more YOLKS! :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

MOAR YOLKS! :D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, it shows time and time again, that yolks do wonders regarding the menstrual cycle.