Basic Nut Milk Recipe

Only 100% Wai recipes belong here.
sunpower9
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Basic Nut Milk Recipe

Post by sunpower9 »

1/2 cup soaked almonds
2 teaspoons honey(optional)
2-21/2 cups water, depending on how concentrated u wish the milk to be.

Place nuts in a blender, add sweetener and 1 cup water blend until a smooth cream forms, using the highest setting on the blender.Add the remaining water and continue blending for several minutes.Strain well.If there is a great deal of pulp you have not blended long enough.Yields 2 cups.

(From Fit for Life.)
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Once you soak the almonds, does the brown skin come off easily? or do you blend them with the skin?
C.
sunpower9

Post by sunpower9 »

Hi Corinne,

In the original recipe they blanched those nuts before blending them and thats how they removed the skin, but since this is a raw board I modified it a bit to suit our needs.Its good to remove the skin before its consumed, however you can always replace almonds with nuts that do not have an outer skin.

I do not eat nuts anymore and posted this recipe 'coz I think this is a nice recipe and goes well with smoothies and shakes and people having no problems with nut consumption can enjoy this one a great deal.
Noaide

Post by Noaide »

when u soak the almonds in water first, the skin will usually be easier to peel of - just like if they had been blanched...

noaide :wink:
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Thanks for the replies. I'll give it a try.