Blender cocktails

Only 100% Wai recipes belong here.
Bambi726
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Bambi726 »

There are 2 different types of iron - heme iron, which we get only from animal foods and is extremely bioavailable, and non-heme iron, which is in plant foods and there is also some in animal foods. We absorb it at about 1/3 the rate of heme iron, so I think what you're doing is great, which I'm sure you know:D Just thought I'd confirm :mrgreen:

~Amber
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL :D
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Cairidh wrote:Chin Chin there are lots of ceviche recipes - wouldn't that help you?

You could use garlic, onion, herbs, ginger etc as munchfood.
And chillies, lemon juice, tomatoes are already allowed.

There are so many different ceviche recipes, you'd never get through them all!

Plus you could use raw apple cider vinegar and olive oil as a dressing for your sashimi...or ceviche....
and make a fish salad with tomatoes, peppers, courgette, avocado, grated butternut squash

can you afford to buy any new equipment - a nut milk maker would be a godsend and also a saladacco that makes courgette look like spaghetti......
then you could make spaghetti and pour a pasta sauce over it (mine has garlic, herbs and salt in it, so its munchfood but the other ingredients are all Wai)
What's ceviche?

Do you eat courgette raw? Where do you get a saladacco? That sounds nice. I grate cucumber and courgette in salads. A nut milk maker would imply that I already have raw nuts. But I haven't figured out how to get them.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Ceviche is raw fish marinated in lime or lemon juice - the acids "cooks" the fish, but without heat, so it doesn't create any nasties. It looks and so it looks and tastes like cooked fish, but is ok to eat on the Wai diet.

"No, ceviche is not raw seafood. Let me explain using the example of fish, which consists mostly of protein fibers that resemble coiled springs. When heat is applied, starting at about 130 degrees F., the bonds holding these fibers in place begin to relax–that is called denaturing–and then the protein fibers straighten out and link together (coagulation). The fish is thus cooked. However, this process can be caused by more that just heat. Air drying, a very old culinary practice, has the same effect, and so does acidity. So the citric acid in limes, lemons, grapefruit, and oranges has precisely the same effect on the protein in fish and other seafood that heat does."

Ceviche is never just fish and citrus juice, there are always other things added - most common are chillies, tomatoes, peppers (all fruits so Wai), onions, garlic, herbs (munchfood), olive oil. But there are endless variations.
Orange juice is used sometimes.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

You put raw courgette through the saladacco and it comes out looking like spaghetti, so you have raw spaghetti.

I don't know where you could find one in France - type it into your french search engine or French ebay.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Can't you find pistachios in their shells at your supermarket?
avo

Post by avo »

Aren't they almost always salted and roasted? Even dyed green, red, blue?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

My supermarket sells raw unsalted ones as well as salted roasted ones (sometimes if my mum buys them for me, she'll get the salted roasted ones by mistake, but apart from that I have no trouble getting hold of raw.)

As for the dying....I've never heard of that....mine are a sort of beige colour...my dog loves them. She steals them.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

blend:
almonds
lemon juice
(garlic)
olive oil
a pepper

makes a nice pate, you can leave out the garlic.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Cairidh wrote:blend:
almonds
lemon juice
(garlic)
olive oil
a pepper

makes a nice pate, you can leave out the garlic.
Wow! BTW, why can't we eat bell peppers on this diet?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I thought you could...
Agent

Post by Agent »

I ate a reasonable hot pepper the other day and I broke out badly the next day :oops: Also tried bell peppers a few days after and my skin has still hasn't been great. Not sure if it was just the hot pepper or the bell pepper that didn't agree with me either.

Would be nice to get clarification but it is just a fruit so I don't see the problem so long as we don't eat the seeds?
avo

Post by avo »

Well, squashes and eggplant are fruits, but they too should be avoided for the most part.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Oh thank you for the clarification. I thought bell pepper was classified as a vegetable, hihi.

So, is it a vegetable? :oops:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

That differs; some classify it as a fruit, others as a vegetable, or as a vegetable-fruit.