Blender cocktails

Only 100% Wai recipes belong here.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Chin-Chin wrote:But after some reflection, I think the raw diet can only survive and thrive on a large scale if it can compete with the cooked diet in terms of inventivity.
I dont agree; with cooked foods, you need lots of seasoning and variation to make the food attractive, while with raw food, even when consuming the same food every single day, your body will appreciate that food anyway (as opposed to cooked foods).
So that with a raw food diet you need far less effort in terms of inventivity.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

After 6 - 18 months on 100% raw food, your body is no longer addicted to cooked food, and you come to prefer whole foods to prepared raw food. I didn't believe that would ever happen to me but it did. I prefer to eat a bag of plain olives than "waste" them in a chocolate cake recipe. (raw chocolate cake)
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Why am I getting really sick of eggs and sashimi?

I used to really love sashimi. But now, since I'm eating 6 days out of 7, I can't wait to eat something else!

Egg yolks are even worse. This is when blender cocktails come handy and make this diet bearable.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Weird...
Every single day again I look forward to the moment that I get to eat my yolks / fish.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I agree with RRM. I eat the same most of the days, and it doesn't bore me at all. On the other hand, women might want more variation in their diet (there was a discussion about this in another thread).

But it could also be that in the beginning we are still used to this variety. I remember that when we started on a 'normal' raw diet, I wanted the same variation as on a cooked diet. Only after going (100%?) Wai that changed.
So maybe it takes a bit of time...
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Well, do you think there's not necessarily a link between raw food and the desire for variety? I mean I know people that are on a SAD diet and ONLY eat potatos and steak! My step-sister is like that. We take her out to a high-scale restaurant, and all she wants is the same ol' same ol'. Really beats me!

I on the contrary find food variety one of the nicest things about life. I'd be willing to try anything at least once. And starting from when I was a kid, I refused to eat the same thing on consecutive meals. As a result, my mom became a very creative cook.

About the fish/egg thing, maybe I'm overeating? I try to vary salmon, tuna and sometimes mackarel (where I live, they don't like to filet mackarel for the clients). But still! And egg yolks only come in one variety.

Sometimes I get sliced raw beef or steak tartare, the one day of the week that I'm not eating fish.

So far, the highlights have been the blender cocktails.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well you're right, there are people on a SAD who do seem to eat the same every day.

And people on a SRD (Standard Raw Diet) seem to need/want a lot of variety, looking at all the different recipes and cookbooks around.

I can only notice the change in Corinne's and my own need for variety. I used to eat something different every day, eating out in all kinds of restaurants, trying out new things. Now, that's all over. And I eat more or less the same every single day, without the need for variety I used to have.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

People on standard raw diets need lots of recipes to begin with because they're addicted to cooked food and its difficult to stay 100% without meals that taste as good as cooked meals, and simulate the experience of cooked meals.

But longterm raw foodists don't eat like that usually. They eat simply.

I tend to eat the same thing every day for a few weeks and then switch to something else and eat that every day for a few weeks. That happens naturally - I most desire certain foods every day and its the same for weeks and then one day I'll desire something else.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Chin Chin why not try sardines? Or tuna? or trout?
Can't you buy packets of mackerel fillets?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Throw a handful or two of macadamia nuts into blender, add 2 or 3 dates (I prefer 2 as it tastes just like real cream - not too sweet). Cover the nuts with filtered water (you might have to experiment a bit with the amount of water to get the whipped cream texture) and blend until smooth and creamy, absolutely delicious on fresh fruit.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Chin Chin there are lots of ceviche recipes - wouldn't that help you?

You could use garlic, onion, herbs, ginger etc as munchfood.
And chillies, lemon juice, tomatoes are already allowed.

There are so many different ceviche recipes, you'd never get through them all!

Plus you could use raw apple cider vinegar and olive oil as a dressing for your sashimi...or ceviche....
and make a fish salad with tomatoes, peppers, courgette, avocado, grated butternut squash

can you afford to buy any new equipment - a nut milk maker would be a godsend and also a saladacco that makes courgette look like spaghetti......
then you could make spaghetti and pour a pasta sauce over it (mine has garlic, herbs and salt in it, so its munchfood but the other ingredients are all Wai)
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Last week I made a smoothie of cherries, banana and avocado.

Today I'm going to use peaches and banana. I can't eat peaches whole, their skin against my teeth is like nails down a blackboard.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Mango, strawberry and banana fruit smoothie
by Annabel Karmel

Ingredients
3 strawberries
100g/4oz peeled and chopped mango flesh
1 small or ½ medium banana
1 orange, squeezed
1 passion fruit (optional)

Method
Wash and hull the strawberries and then simply blend all the fruit together.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Strawberry, Blueberry and Raspberry – Very Berry
Blending these fruits results in a fantastic deep red drink that is very lowin calories and full of energising flavours. It is best when strawberriesand raspberries are home-grown, as they have so much more taste and juicethan their imported cousins. It’s also a great way of using up pick-your-ownfruit or a glut from the garden.
Makes 2-3 glasses

125g fresh, ripe strawberries
125g blueberries
125g fresh raspberries

Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
Serve immediately.

Peach, Nectarine and Apricot
Both the peaches and nectarines must be really ripe or the fruit won’t generate enough juice. You can, of course, peel the fruit before blending,but I prefer to leave it in – it adds fibre and pretty flecks of colour tothe smoothie. If you want to, add a few drops of almond extract to this one,as almonds and peaches have a great affinity with each other. You can also add almond yoghurt to this one, if you wish.

Makes 2 glasses

2 medium, ripe peaches, stone removed and sliced
2 ripe nectarines, stone removed and sliced
4 ripe apricots, stone removed and quartered
125ml almond yoghurt (optional)

Serve immediately.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Mango, Banana and Orange Juice – The Fibre Provider
This smoothie is filling and fibre-rich, which makes it a good choice for those who are on a diet and need sustenance without calories. The only downside is that you have to drink it more or less straight away, as the bananas and mangoes will give the drink a sludgy grey colour in quite a short time.
Makes 2-3 glasses

1 large mango, peeled, stone removed and sliced
2 bananas, peeled
300ml orange juice

Serve immediately.

Three-melon Smoothie
Use any three melons, such as cantaloupe, Ogen and honeydew, but make surethey are ripe.

Makes 2 glasses

125g ripe cantaloupe melon, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks
125g ripe Ogen melon, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks
125g ripe honeydew melon, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks

Blend all the ingredients until smooth
Serve immediately.