Fresh Applesauce!

Only 100% Wai recipes belong here.
BlueFrog
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Fresh Applesauce!

Post by BlueFrog »

Fall is apple season! And, if you've got a couple of cases sitting around like I do, you may be wondering what to do with them all. Fresh applesauce is a wonderful way of using them. Here's what I've been using:

- 3 apples
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. sugar (optional)

Peel and core the apples. Then dice them and put them in a food processor. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon and add to the processor. This will not only add a bit of tang, but retard oxidation of the apples and slow down the rate at which they turn brown and mealy. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil for better blending in the food processor, a bit of fat, and a creamy texture. If you like things tangy, you don't need the sugar, but I find adding a couple of tsp. does well to counter some of the lemon juice. Then turn the processor on until the texture resembles applesauce (7 to 10 seconds for me). Voila! You've got a yummy treat ready to eat.

Optional: You can consume this with walnuts or raisins. But, don't use cinnamon if you're acne prone.

Fresh applesauce will only last a few days in the refrigerator, but you should be able to keep it a minimum of about 3 days.
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
Monique

Re: Fresh Applesauce!

Post by Monique »

good id coz i love applesauce
i used to eat applesauce wd every hot meal :D