saturated fats + carbs easily pushed into fat cells?

If you want to get rid of overweight
kylecortez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

saturated fats + carbs easily pushed into fat cells?

Post by kylecortez »

I was doing some research on saturated fat. I wanted to post here to see if my understanding is correct or flawed.

Fat cells contain saturated fat. So dietary saturated fat is the most readily stored fat since it's identical to the fat cells contents. Pair up saturated fat with a high glycemic carbohydrate, white bread for instance, and the fat cells are in recieving mode. Since there are sugars available, the saturated fat is not necessarily needed for metabolic purposes and can be quickly stored in fat cells.

This combo of refined carbs and sat fats is exactly the standard american diet

1. burger with white bread - burgers are mostly sat fat, bread is refined
2. pizza - alot of sat fat in the cheese, bread is refined
3. bread and butter - refined carbs with butter, mostly sat fat
4. cereal and milk - sat fat in the milk and refined carbs
5. milkshakes - pure sugar, sat fat from the milk

I wanted to see if my understanding was accurate that sat fats can very easily be pushed into fat cells when combined with these bad carbs

-Kyle
Oscar
Administrator

Re: saturated fats

Post by Oscar »

kylecortez wrote:Fat cells contain saturated fat.
I think this is correct.
kylecortez wrote:So dietary saturated fat is the most readily stored fat since it's identical to the fat cells contents.
Not necessarily. Fat is used as a storage for any macronutrient not readily used.
kylecortez wrote:Pair up saturated fat with a high glycemic carbohydrate, white bread for instance, and the fat cells are in recieving mode.
They are always ready to receive.
kylecortez wrote:Since there are sugars available, the saturated fat is not necessarily needed for metabolic purposes and can be quickly stored in fat cells.
Fat is needed for energy, so if there is any dietary fat which the body needs for any purpose, it will be used as such. If there is a lot of fat and sugars consumed I'm not sure whether the body will convert the sugars or the fat though. But the result will be the same anyway.

I think the SAD problem is the high number of addictives, like opioid peptides in wheat and milk protein, beta-carbolines from cooked protein, and all those combined in prepared food or 'taste enhancers'. In the end being overweight is a matter of energy intake vs energy output. One can be slim on a SAD too, but it will cost a lot more effort.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

kylecortez wrote:I wanted to see if my understanding was accurate that sat fats can very easily be pushed into fat cells when combined with these bad carbs
No more than any other source of energy, since the body has no problems whatsoever with converting energy containing compounds.
Fat storage solely depends on whether energy keeps pouring in once the blood energy level and the glycogen depots have already been maximized / filled up to the max.
Fat storage is the storage of redundant energy. whenever you consume a big meal, redundant energy is stored as fat, regardless of its source.

Also, high-glycemic carbs are not better / worse.
They are just a source of energy.
Only when you consume too much carbs in one setting, the 'high-glycemic' is an issue, not because of the 'high-glycemic', but because of the size of the meal.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote:
kylecortez wrote:Pair up saturated fat with a high glycemic carbohydrate, white bread for instance, and the fat cells are in recieving mode.
They are always ready to receive.
This is from an old thread.

Oscar, isn't insulin required for fat storage?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes, it is.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

yea, but the main point was the question, is it not ok to respond to threads past a certain date?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Huh? :o
Of course it is...
Where did that question come from?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

My answer was to your question, not to your statement.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

got it, thanks for clearing that up, make sense now

As I understood your response, it seemed you where beeing rude, which is out of character for you and surprised me.

ok back to the point,

if insulin is need to push fat into cells, they they are not always ready to uptake (if that is the right word) fat, and having sugar with fat (when overeating) would be worse than just overeating without sugar, right?

I'm not sure and am only asking, but this seem like the logic behind some of the reasons for eating low carb or atkins style.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:if insulin is need to push fat into cells, they they are not always ready to uptake (if that is the right word)
In my view they are, but maybe thats just a matter of interpretation.
fat, and having sugar with fat (when overeating) would be worse than just overeating without sugar, right?
Define worse.
For example: If you lack sugars you are more prone to overeating, so thats bad. So, its not just about that dry comparison between fat+sugar vs fat; its about your overall diet; all factors need to be weighed in; we cant isolate them.
this seem like the logic behind some of the reasons for eating low carb or atkins style.
One can loose weight on ANY diet. Its not what you eat, but how much in comparison to what you need.
So, no weightloss diet needs a sound rationale. All you need is a little reduction, and there are many roads to that goal. And how easy to do that is differs per diet. And if some diet guru is (for whatever reason) more convincing than others, (s)he may get better results, without having a sound rationale at all.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

johndela1 wrote:got it, thanks for clearing that up, make sense now
Okies, good.
johndela1 wrote:if insulin is need to push fat into cells, they they are not always ready to uptake
In my view fat cells are always ready to receive fat. They do not become more "ready" depending on food combinations. Whether they will receive fat or not depends on the presence of excess macronutrients, which will be converted into fat. That insulin is needed does not change the "readiness" of the fat cells.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

but viewing the system in a more general way, like say ready to get fat as a whole, wouldn't overeating with sweets and fats be worse than over eating with fats or protein?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't think so. Overeating means excess macronutrients, which will be converted into bodyfat.