Fasting

If you want to get rid of overweight
Maleko
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Fasting

Post by Maleko »

Does anyone have any thoughts on fasting....and what is Wai's approach to fasting?

Aloha,
Maleko
RRM
Administrator

Re: Fasting

Post by RRM »

Wai's opinion is that fasting is depriving your body the energy that it needs. In this situation your body will convert both muscle-proteins and adipose fat into available energy.
If you want to cleanse your body, simply stop taking in the toxins that many foods contain; its very effective.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Hi Maleko,
I used to fast for 10 days once a year on the lemon juice-maple syrup fast(sound familiar?). This was when I was eating cooked foods and felt I needed cleansing.
Now I don't feel any need for this as I am putting into my body all and only all it needs-no toxins(or almost none).
RRM and Wai are right, just stop giving your body the wrong stuff. Why deprive it of what it needs to function optimally!
"You cannot do something you don't know IF you keep on doing what you know"
F.M. Alexander
nick

Post by nick »

It's amazing how 'clean' my body feels.
I've never fasted so I can't make a comparison. However, after 3.5 months on this diet, it is amazing how sensitive and receptive my body feels toward food.
rischott

Post by rischott »

I have never fasted. But what do you all think of this story? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4479240.stmA teenage boy in Nepal has gone 6 months without food or water according to the story.
My body does feel so clean now. If I do eat anything that has toxins in it, I can feel my body responding in a negative way. Also, when I eat processed foods, like cookies or chips, I start fiending for them. I can't stop thinking about them, the taste, but about 1 hour after I feel like shit. I feel the addiction, and I wonder what type of force it will take to combat these companies who produce this crap. The 'War of Drugs' should attack Nabisco and Kraft, and not Marijuana and Colombian peasents.
-Rich-
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I've never fasted either, except when I was really ill. Our bodies are remarkable machines, able to keep on going on all kinds of food. It functions the best when the nutrients are optimal, but it still functions when this isn't the case. Comparing fasting to eating (and drinking) unhealthy food, one could say that even if you don't feed your body optimally at all, at least you don't feed it unhealthy food. ;)
Mthrash

Post by Mthrash »

RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, each coin has two sides.
One the one hand, as many studies have shown, fasting may increase insulin sensitivity.
On the other hand, as this study shows, fasting may have opposite effects.
The fasting window is followed by an eating window.
Fasting itself has no detrimental effects on insulin; it's the eating after the fasting that is at play. If that eating window results in overeating, of course that is detrimental, as it is on any diet. If, however, a fine balance is achieved, there are no negative effects.