exercise for fat loss

If you want to get rid of overweight
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by johndela1 »

Frost wrote:in my opinion weight loss can only have truly desirable results if diet and exercise go hand in hand. my advice, go on the wai diet, run in the morning when you first get up, get home, then start eating along the guide lines for the day.
Just want to share a different opinion...

I believe you don't really burn enough calories doing exercise to significantly contribute to wieght loss. I have found that controlling calories is the best way to maintain weight by far.

I've seen people say, I'm going to have dessert then go on a walk. what they don't realize is that to burn off a typical dessert you'd be walking for hours.

Check out this article:
http://jjdev.com/articles/aerobics_fatloss.html
Frost

Post by Frost »

in my opinion weight loss can only have truly desirable results if diet and exercise go hand in hand. I run 5 days a week at least, for an hour, and get about 5-8kms done depending on mood and energy. that is alot of calories actually. if exercise did not play a big role in calorie control, that doesnt explain why i eat as much as anyone else, if not more, and yet i only weigh 135lbs and look skinny.

also, exercising has many positive physical and mental benefits. it is needed to maintain good muscle, among many many other things.

no offense at all intended, but never exercise is not an effective factor in dieting.

if you only diet without good exercise, you'll develop what i like to call a woman's body.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't agree that exercise is absolutely necessary for health and a slim/skinny body. I've done without exercise for more than a year on the diet, and looked as slim as I do now. A couple of months ago I started running, but just for fun.

Losing weight can be helped by low intensity exercises like walking, but high intensity exercises do not really help much. They can even have adverse effects. There was a thread about this btw.
Frost

Post by Frost »

i dont like to look slim though, and exercise is the only thing that keeps a lean look for me.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I think we are getting semantical. You say you look lean but not slim. I think some people's definition of slim is lean.

Most world class distance runners have a super low verticle jump and have don't carry much muscle. I usually recommend to people I train that they stop distance running. If they want to run, I advice them to do interval training (sprints followed by rests) to build their fitness.

From what I have learned, I am not a fan of distance training.

Check this article out:
http://jjdev.com/articles/no_aerobics.html

http://jjdev.com/articles/more.html

http://jjdev.com/articles/aerobics.html
Frost

Post by Frost »

i like distance running for endurance though, and i use interval training for strength building
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Frost wrote:i like distance running for endurance though, and i use interval training for strength building
Do you compete? Most peoples lives rarely call for this type of endurance. Most common injuries are do to lack of strength not lack of endurance.

I guess I'm saying for functional training life is composed of more sprint type moves than endurance.

But if you are anyone else is training for a race then you must build endurance. I train people for health reasons and that is why I recommend against distance running. I believe it robs the body of strength.
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

I have a question that is about lifting weights. I do not lift weights but I am trying to get a slim but athletic looking physique. At the present time I look athletic but but large and a little flabby and soft without my shirt. I know cardio training is not so good because it speeds the heart for increased aging and harder to lose fat. But should I be doing light low intensity weight lifting to tone and burn fat. I know all about the importance of walking and will incorporate the hour or 2 everyday. But to look firm and help the fat burning process, is low intensity light weight training a good idea? I do not want to look anything like a meat head or bodybuilder, no no. But I want a toned slim body, just like everyone else wants , I understand I am not the only one. I do also understand that when a muscle is trained it gets larger. But if I follow the rules of Wai diet and am not in any sort of bulking phase, will weight training different muscles especially the legs and back, will this help get the lean look? Or will I just end up with a bulking larger body than now? By the way im 6'2 200lbs. I desire a weight of 178 lbs. Thanks for listening everyone, anyone.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

A toned down body will happen with the diet, but low intensity exercises can help. I think there's another thread where this is discussed.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

This might seem like a odd question, but , what exactly is the definition of muscle tone you are using? This term is commonly used in many different ways.

here is one def:

Muscle tone (aka residual muscle tension or tonus) is the continuous and passive partial contraction of the muscles. It helps maintain posture, and it declines during REM sleep. Note that muscular tone is not defined as muscular shaping or the aspect of general Human physical appearance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_tone
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

chris m failla wrote:I am trying to get a slim but athletic looking physique.
So, you want some muscle volume, but not too big, and you want to be ripped; not too much fat and water hiding your muscles.
You need to do weight exercises / body building to create the muscle mass.
You dont need to do anything special to get that ripped look (if you are on this diet), as the extra water and fat will disappear automatically.
Are you doing the strict version of the diet?
should I be doing light low intensity weight lifting to tone and burn fat.
No. No kind of weight lifting stimulates burning fat.
Walking stimulates burning of fat most optimally.
But to look firm and help the fat burning process, is low intensity light weight training a good idea?
Creating muscle mass and burning fat are 2 very different things, that more or less work against eachother.
You need to do 2 different things in combination to get that llok that you want (weight lifting exercises plus the right calory balance)
will weight training different muscles especially the legs and back, will this help get the lean look?
the exercises give you the muscles. Getting rid of the fat and water on top of them will give you the ripped look.
MariaLinn

Post by MariaLinn »

johndela1 wrote:
Frost wrote:in my opinion weight loss can only have truly desirable results if diet and exercise go hand in hand. my advice, go on the wai diet, run in the morning when you first get up, get home, then start eating along the guide lines for the day.
Just want to share a different opinion...

I believe you don't really burn enough calories doing exercise to significantly contribute to wieght loss. I have found that controlling calories is the best way to maintain weight by far.

I've seen people say, I'm going to have dessert then go on a walk. what they don't realize is that to burn off a typical dessert you'd be walking for hours.

Check out this article:
http://jjdev.com/articles/aerobics_fatloss.html
I agree on this, partly. Ive found that some people just gets hungry as h*ll from all types of excercise; from walks to HIIT, while for others excercise only gives them satisfaction and rather supresses hunger.

So its all about finding out wich one of theese people you are, in my belief, there is no definate truth that applies to all. :)
(I for one, ever since I stopped heavvy weightlifting so much a couple of years ago, cant even take a fast walk for 1 hour nowadays without getting an extreem hunger, no matter if im on wai or not. Probably due to 'musclememory' and so on, since this was not the case before my weightlifting years, grr.)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MariaLinn wrote:Probably due to 'musclememory' and so on, since this was not the case before my weightlifting years, grr.)
Yes. Your body always had to respond vigorously to your weightlifting by immediately taking up as much nutrients as soon as possible, which requires a huge appetite.
I think it will take a while before that direct connection between exercise and a huge appetite has diminished.
sugarbarbie

Post by sugarbarbie »

I tell you what worked for me. I did strick wai and hit the tradmill 3 hrs a day. my gym has tv's with cable and this head phones so yo can really hear it...sometimes I read magazines and/or listen to my zune. I keep up a good pace and break a little sweat but not runing I just really enjoy it. I lost sooo much weight really quickly (35 lb in 1 month) and felt great. i then gave into temptation and pressure of my husband and gained about 15 back. I also stopped hitting the gym and became very lazy again. I also was toned, no loose skin it was truly amazing. I have attempted to start again and make it a lifelong lifestyle change. I joined a women's outdoors group in my area also...they do hiking, mountain climbing caving etc...I'm excited about that....But I have started small by always taking the long way...park far away...walk if you can etc etc. But doing wai, and staying active is the answer...it's true.
If You Can Paste And Submit, Then You Can Grow 2,346 Downlines In a Year
http://www.opportunityplr.com/?rid=357
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Instead of spending three hours on the treadmill you could just eat a little less food.