What's the best way to get lean?

If you want to get rid of overweight
zaravictoria
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

What's the best way to get lean?

Post by zaravictoria »

Hey Everyone,

I understand the wai diet and I've been following it religiously for about 2 weeks. I know that you guys promote walking which is an excellent form of exercise. I just had a few questions.

I am trying to lose body fat. I'm at 20% but I would like to have less fat all around. When walking, what range should my heart rate be in? There's the cardio range, fat burning range, and there's a below range. They give these ranges on the treadmill and I wasn't certain what would be best to burn fat. I'm guessing the fat burning range but I don't want to trigger my body into wanting to eat more because of all the excess energy I consume while walking.

I also want to tone up or tighten my body without bulking up (think Gisele Bundchen or some of the other super models). What do you recommend? Weight training, stretching, isometrics, etc? If you do any of these what specific program, dvd, book do you use? What does Wai do to firm up? Any advice would be great! Thanks!!! :D
rischott

Post by rischott »

http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Competition ... sson01.htm

Try these exercises for a week or so and combine with some yoga breathing techniques. See how you feel.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I just posted this in another thread:

The body uses (i.e. burns) fat the whole time, 24/7. More or less the same amount. Since muscles also use fat, you can help this a little by using the muscles close to the fat you want to get rid of. The lower the intensity of the exercise the better, because more fat is used. So walking helps more than running.

The most important thing to do though, is to make sure that you give your body exactly what/when it needs and not more. This prevents the making of new bodyfat and stimulates the body to use the bodyfat it has.

Al this will happen slowly, because the body needs time to adjust. The amount of food needed will usually decrease accordingly.
RRM
Administrator

Re: What's the best way to get lean?

Post by RRM »

zaravictoria wrote:what range should my heart rate be in? There's the cardio range, fat burning range, and there's a below range.
The second.
I don't want to trigger my body into wanting to eat more because of all the excess energy I consume while walking.
Burning extra fat doesnt stimulate your appetite.
Consuming too little fat does, and burning extra sugars also does.
I also want to tone up or tighten my body without bulking up (think Gisele Bundchen or some of the other super models). What do you recommend?
Walking.
'Toning up' is about increasing definition, right?
For that, you dont need extra muscles, but you just need to lose the extra water in your skin and the fat under the skin. Then all the muscles will clearly show; 'tone up'.
Weight training, stretching, isometrics, etc?
Weight training is for increasing muscle volume (on specific places)
Stretching is perfect to get that agile, smooth way of moving.
What does Wai do to firm up?
Walking and push ups.
zaravictoria

Post by zaravictoria »

Thanks guys for your speedy reply!!! :D I'll definitely invest in a good stretching dvd and make more use out of my gold's gym membership by using the treadmill. :wink:
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote:Since muscles also use fat, you can help this a little by using the muscles close to the fat you want to get rid of.
Are you saying spot reduction is possible?

I think the body burns fat the same no matter what muscles you use.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

So why would walking help then?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote:So why would walking help then?
Is this a resonse to my post before this? If so... because walking simply burns calories. If you are burning these from fat or you create a calorie deficit then you will lose fat in general not around teh muscles you use.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Burning fat locally (spot reduction) is not possible indeed.
Oscar wrote:So why would walking help then?
Simply because its an activity that you can keep doing for a long time and very steadily, and it uses the leg muscles, which is most of our muscle mass.
Other activities generally requires too much energy so that relatively much sugars are utilized. Walking only elevates energy requirements a little bit. So little that the increase in fat-utilization is not dominated by the increase in sugar utilization.
In other words:
Its the best way (most fat burned) to empty your glycogen depots.
Also, it 'lifts up' your bottom; your bottom-muscles particularly get stronger at the upper part, which has a lifting effect.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

So why would emptying glycogen depots help in this, instead of replenishing blood sugar?
When the depots are empty we start 'burning' muscle mass as well, no?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Oscar wrote:So why would emptying glycogen depots help in this, instead of replenishing blood sugar?
Its not instead. Its "and".
Emptying glycogen depots once a day, you create a buffer; all slightly bigger meals that go a little beyond replenishing blood sugar still dont result in fat storage, but in glycogen replenisment.
This way re-storing lost bodyfat is absolutely minimized.
When the depots are empty we start 'burning' muscle mass as well, no?
The idea is that you eat a meal once those glycogen depots are about to be emptied completely, so that you start replenishing them again. And while emptying them, of course you keep on replenishing blood sugar.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ahh I see. So it's not so much about emptying the depots as well as creating a buffer, which means that if you would succeed in only replenishing blood sugar, you wouldn't even need that, right?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Oscar wrote:Ahh I see. So it's not so much about emptying the depots as well as creating a buffer, which means that if you would succeed in only replenishing blood sugar, you wouldn't even need that, right?
In theory, yes, but in practise, there always is some fluctuation in blood sugar that comes with storing some fat (and glycogen). Its just that the smaller those meals, the less is stored (and also the ratio decreases). The buffer is effective in that respect, plus its good for 'lifting up' your bottom and increases blood circulation in the area where women like to eliminate cellulite fast...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »