interval training

If you want to get rid of overweight
chris m failla
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

interval training

Post by chris m failla »

:o Hello, my question is on a new program called PACE, which is a modified type of interval training. Dr Sears explains long cardio workouts are bad and can cause heart and lungs to shrink due to "downsizing". These interval workouts should last 10 to 20 minutes only, never over 20 minutes. He explains that your lungs will expand and strenghthen heart muscle. Fat loss occurs long after the workout. Not during, since this would cause your body to build fat if you do long cardio workouts that burn fat. He also is big on walking. Do you think its ok along with waidiet
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I advocate interval training. I agree that long drawen out aerobic workouts are bad (stressful, actually). Like running 10 miles...

I have collected a few articles:

http://jjdev.com/articles/no_aerobics.html
http://jjdev.com/articles/aerobics_fatloss.html
http://jjdev.com/articles/aerobics.html
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Regarding training your heart muscles, interval training is perfect.
Regarding fat loss, its not, since you will be primarily burning sugars, and relatively less fat. So, it will make you very hungry, but it will not help you to lose fat.
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

Yes, actually that is the point of the program. Sears says that if you do the training you will only burn muscle sugars and carbs. But he is selling the fact that the prize is in the afterburn. That your body will realize that it doesnt need to build fat since you dont burn fat during exercise, like you would in long duration cardio. Like I said before though, he says walking is the best, its "exercise for the soul". He isnt talking about walking as a cardio. Walking should be done anyway, along with PACE interval training to get that afterburn he explains that burns fat long after the exercise is over. Apparently your supposed to build muscle with PACE which in turn may help burn extra calories. Ill still do walking though, because that is what really burns fat without the stress.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

chris m failla wrote:he is selling the fact that the prize is in the afterburn. That your body will realize that it doesnt need to build fat since you dont burn fat during exercise, like you would in long duration cardio.
Actually, you always burn fat, 24/7.
And only when your fat levels fall below 'setpoint' levels, will your body want to hold on to the fat, as extra fat is not required to survive.
The effects of that 'afterburn' are exceeded by the effects of extra hunger to replenish all that lost sugars. Its very ineffective because you need so much extra energy and effort while fat is most efficiently burned when walking, not by burning much extra sugars with a 'fat-burning side effect'.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

why are sprinters typically very lean?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Because they are the top of the top, in a field of sports where extra luggage will prevent you from getting at the top. (unlike in some other fields of sports, such as powerlifting)

Whatever the type of sports, regardless the type of exercise (marathon, sprint) / diet, at the top you will only find very lean sporters, if extra luggage will keep you from reaching the top.
jfk

Post by jfk »

johndela1 wrote:why are sprinters typically very lean?
Hmm, I don't think this has really been answered and it is something I often wonder about. If walking burns a higher proportion of fat than strenuous exercise - it seems odd that long distance runners are so lean. However I have reconciled myself to the following (rightly or wrongly):

According to Wai philosophy and others...
For most people, when aerobically active, it is not possible for the body's energy requirements to be met by fat conversion, the process is too slow...okay

However it seems lean fit people can burn a high proportion of fat when running because running for them is not such an aerobically demanding activity as it is for say a heavy unfit person.

A very heavy unfit person would probably have a higher heart rate walking across a room than a very fit slender person jogging down a street. I mean because the heavy person may have the same skeleton and muscle mass but loads of extra fat to carry which would be the equivalent of a skinny person hauling weights.

So when it is said that high intensity activity like running will not burn as much fat as walking that is true for your average person. It must depend on what the individual finds high intensity. For a long distance runner who is typically very lean and fit and often down-right skinny looking it seems to contradict what is advocated here but it doesn't. What running is for us may be like a light walk for top athletes.

This is a short article about walking and fat loss which offers some explanation to the different levels of efficiency regarding fat conversion. I don't know how far I agree with it though.

http://www.myfit.ca/archives/viewanarti ... ness&ID=30
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

jfk wrote:
johndela1 wrote:why are sprinters typically very lean?
Hmm, I don't think this has really been answered
I did answer it.
How lean you are not just depends on what foods you eat or on what activities you do, but on your determination. You can be lean on any diet and in any type of sports if your willpower is strong, and you can be fat on any diet and in any type of sports if your willpower is less strong.
Those sprinters reached the top because their willpower is very strong (and they have talent). Looking at them will not give you any answers, because they are a very select group.
jfk

Post by jfk »

RRM wrote:You can be lean on any diet and in any type of sports if your willpower is strong, and you can be fat on any diet and in any type of sports if your willpower is less strong.
What?

Anyway, my post was not intended to demean other posts (sorry if it did)- I just often wondered the same thing since long distance lean athletes seem to defy logic and wished to explore the matter further.
jfk

Post by jfk »

RRM wrote:You can be lean on any diet and in any type of sports if your willpower is strong, and you can be fat on any diet and in any type of sports if your willpower is less strong
okay, okay I get it. I was reading it differently.