Stomach hunger

If you want to get rid of overweight
spring
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by spring »

I lost a lot of weight on Wai's diet and this was while I was eating munch food - I went down to 48 kilos (I'm 150cm tall). I was constantly hungry though for cooked foods and I know it wasn't real hunger because fruit didn't appeal to me at those times. Maybe it's because I was still eating munch food and ingesting the addictive betacarbolines?

The problem was I got sick when I was at my lowest weight. I got a gastric bug and after that I relaxed my restrictions and before I knew it I was back to a SAD diet although eating at least 3 pieces of fruit a day with o.o and raw egg yolks with the cooked food. Soon I was big.

I didn't want to go through that again - up and down. So now I am following Wai's diet sort of; munch food consists of food from the raw vegan book. I'm not counting protein and I eat whenever I feel like it and in the quantity I want. It seems to be working. Today, I'm having Thai soup (from "Eating without Heating"; main ingredient is cucumber) and I am in the process of making almond milk for a shake I want to make tomorrow. I've put a banana in the freezer and on my walk I came across a truck selling cheap strawberries. I have lots of tangerines already so tomorrow after the almonds have been soaked, I'm ready to toss all into a blender with the almond milk I've made from the soaked almonds. I am making kimchee this afternoon - I bought 2 giant heads of Napa cabbage: one is for my rabbits (I have a family of five of them) and one is for kimchee (the recipe is from "Eating without Heating").

The fabulous things are the recipes are easy to make and quick! Probably because there's no cooking. Once you've assembled the frequently used items in the pantry: seeds, nuts, spices, herbs then it's really fast putting the recipe together.

I am also making Ani Phyo's breakfast scramble again because it was so yummy last time. I am adding raisins to it to give it a bit of sweetness.

And of course I still have lots of fruit in between these raw vegan meals and whenever the urge hits me, plus animal foods (raw fish and egg yolks - poached though, can't stomach it raw). I drizzle olive oil onto the fruit. And I'm eating more nuts on this adapted diet which is a good thing because I don't like nuts normally.

With strawberries in season, I am going to make strawberry shortcake (raw recipe: strawberries, nuts, dates, honey); I got the recipe free from YouTube. I am going to make apple pie (raw) from Ani Phyo's website (free recipe). Unfortunately I can't make the soup on the website as avocadoes are hard to find in Korea and cost an arm and a leg.

I have started walking and try to walk everywhere instead of catching the bus. Eg. I walk 12 minutes to the subway instead of catching the bus. I walk 30 minutes to the supermarket instead of catching the bus. There is a small mountain just two minutes from my place which is great for the quads and hamstrings - I should take advantage of the proximity of the mountain. And at the shopping center (World Cup Stadium) there is a nice park and nature walk, along a little canal.

Already I feel much better, different, more alert, my mind is quicker but I feel calmer as well.
spring

Post by spring »

I've posted the recipe and picture of the Thai soup in the recipe section.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

spring wrote:I was constantly hungry though for cooked foods and I know it wasn't real hunger because fruit didn't appeal to me at those times. Maybe it's because I was still eating munch food and ingesting the addictive betacarbolines?
Yes exactly. That's what I posted earlier about the difficulty of eating munch foods. Even worse: the less munch foods you eat, the harder it is. :(
spring

Post by spring »

I think I am starting to get the hang of eating when hungry. I have always thought subconsciously the opposite. I usually wait until I get home so that I can eat more 'healthily' and by the time I reach home I am ravenous and eat an enormous meal (albeit relatively 'healthy') and then have to eat more again. Now that I have eaten raw for much of the time in the past two weeks, I can tell the difference between eating raw and eating cooked. After cooked, I do not feel satiated, in fact I have no idea whether I am hungry or not, it is entirely the memory of the taste of cooked food, and addiction to the chemicals in cooked food that determine whether I eat in a short while again or not. If I have enough willpower or keep myself busy, I can refrain from eating more cooked food. With raw, it's an entirely different matter, I do not feel the slightest inclination to help myself to a second serving immediately after eating a moderately-sized raw food meal.

I can really tell the difference.

And this attempt to keep off junk food may actually have worked against me! I have been constantly 'dieting' almost all my life, whereas I would have been better just buying whatever was available and eating on the spot when hungry or better yet eating Wai's way. This explains all the SKINNY people who I see eating fast food and here I am, who hardly ever eats at fast food restaurants and am trying to eat healthy - FAT!!! Because these people ate when they were hungry and weren't trying to lose weight and because they didn't allow themselves to be hungry ever, actually avoided becoming overweight.

Me depriving myself in order to lose weight, became overweight.

Now I don't recommend people eat a fast food diet at all but I still think what I've described above does explain the 'eat when hungry to avoid becoming fat as your body finds it easier to lose the unwanted fat and return to its natural weight or maintain it if you are already normal weight to begin with' principle. And it works for some people even when they eat a fast food diet.

Although by a certain age, this kind of diet does catch up with these people eventually ... and they certainly don't look healthy though they may be slim.

And some people cannot even eat like this as they're very sensitive to the addictive chemicals in cooked food and do become fat in a short time after eating a fast food diet.

However it does explain the certain percentage of people I see who never worry about their weight and eat junk food and eat whenever they feel like it and are slender as a reed.

I will have to retrain myself to eat as soon as I feel hunger and never deprive myself. The problem is I don't like carrying juices and get sick of having sweet food all the time like juice. I don't like dried fruit or nuts and therefore don't like snack foods like trailmix even trailmix I make myself.

The other thing I noticed between eating raw food and cooked food is that the raw food leaves me feeling invigorated after eating; after eating cooked food, I feel tired, sleepy, full.

And I can appreciate the difference in quality between cooked and raw food. At work, I eat lunch in the staffroom to be sociable and this is the only cooked food I have all day and I notice the difference.

I am going to stop doing this and just eat lunch I've brought to work and concentrate on eating raw as much as possible.

However there will be days when I have not prepared snacks or I feel hungry during the day after I've eaten lunch. Those times I am going to eat snacks that appeal to me and not worry too much about the health quality of the food and just eat it to avoid being hungry. It is better to do this than be hungry, wait until I get home and pig out.

This avoiding hungry thing is a new thing for me. I will make it a priority to not be hungry and eat as soon as I need to and see how it turns out.

A question that just occurred to me is: what is the reason people who ate junk food and are thin join the ranks of the obese when they turn a certain age? Why the change from skinny to fat?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Very good observations. :)

I'm not sure, could be because of internal changes or just because of less energy requirements (less exercising and such).
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

spring wrote:

The other thing I noticed between eating raw food and cooked food is that the raw food leaves me feeling invigorated after eating; after eating cooked food, I feel tired, sleepy, full.
This is one of the reasons why i don't know if i will ever be able to come off the Wai Diet. The energy swings are huge for me with non-wai food. Its just bad efficiency with my time, and time is the only thing i'm got a limited supply of.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

thank you Spring.
spring wrote:A question that just occurred to me is: what is the reason people who ate junk food and are thin join the ranks of the obese when they turn a certain age? Why the change from skinny to fat?
I think its age. Much energy goes into growing. Young people often can eat 'anything' without getting fat, and as they grow older, 'suddenly' the fattening kicks in.
Also, people in their early 20s tend to go out much and sleep little; they are wearing their body out, and when they stop doing that, and still eat about the same, they get fat, of course.