Losing weight Dairy

If you want to get rid of overweight
FatI
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Losing weight Dairy

Post by FatI »

Hello Wai Forum!
I have been trying the Wai Diet to some extend, but so far it has not worked so much for me. So now I decided to start a diary here, to find out why.
I am 163 cm and right now I weight 72 kg. The ideal weight for me is 60 kg, that is when I feel the best and it is my goal weight.

Here is what I ate today, just to give you an idea of my diet right now:

Today:
1 banana, 1 cup black tea without sugar, 4 grapes
1/2 glass orange juice with olive oil
1/2 glass orange juice with olive oil
1 banana and 1 orange+1 small piece avocado
Salad of 1 tomato, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 green onion, 1/6 cucumber, 2 leaves lettuce, olive oil, white vinegar, salt.
one cup herbal tea and green sundried raisins
one bowl of fruit salad (kiwi, pear, banana, apple, orange, strawberries, grapes, olive oil)

I also plan to eat 25 g salmon and 2 egg yolks today.

I do not always eat olive oil with the fruits. Actually I almost never eat it, except when my daughter who does wai diet for acne forces me to eat it. I do not like to eat olive oil alone...

It is hard to not eat much foods because I also have two sons (14 and 15 years) who completely refuse to eat the wai diet. So I slip all the time :(

I do not eat salmon or egg yolks that often, maybe 3 times in 2 weeks.

Every week I walk 3 times a week 1-2 hours every time.
Every week I do 2x25 sit ups 3 times a week.
Every week I do 2x15 push ups 3 times a week.

I want to start the wai diet for real now, to give it a fair chance. :)

Questions.
1. Why can't I drink green tea? It is scientificallyt proved that it speeds up the metabolism. A friend of mine said that as soon as she stops drinking green tea she immedietly gains weight. It also contains a lot of vitamins and antioxidants.
2. Why can't I eat lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, zuccini and aubergine?
3. Why can't I ovenbake apples? Apple is the only fruit that is more useful when baked as pektin which is in apple is easier consumed by body after baking.

With best regards
Fat I. :D
dime

Re: Losing weight Dairy

Post by dime »

I would only suggest that you avoid eating a lot of fruits (i.e. sugar) after the avocado salad. Probably it would be best to eat the avocado last, before you go to sleep.
The reason is that avocado seems to cause a temporary diabetes-like situation in the body.
I'll write more about this in a separate post on the forum.
dime

Post by dime »

FatI wrote: 3. Why can't I ovenbake apples? Apple is the only fruit that is more useful when baked as pektin which is in apple is easier consumed by body after baking.
How do you know that's the only fruit btw? :-) If you're sure that baking makes it more digestible, then I'd guess it would work for other fruits as well, as they contain similar fibers. What about vitamins which get destroyed at higher temperatures?

For 1. and 2. I'm pretty sure you will find a lot of discussion on the forum, or info on the waidiet web site.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome :)
Losing weight is a matter of energy management, i.e. you want to make sure your meals are small enough that no extra body fat is being produced. This means you need to eat far more often than you're probably used to. To calculate how much you eat per day, enter everything in a nutrient calculator. You should at least consume 2000kcal. Looking at your day as posted, you start out pretty well, but then there's a huge gap between 12:30 and 16:00.

ad 1. Herbs and spices have medicinal properties, which means drinking tea is like taking aspirin when nothing is wrong. Our bodies always try to find a balance, so IF the tea speeds up metabolism, the body will slow it down. This means that once one stops drinking that tea, it takes a bit for the body to re-balance itself. On this diet there's no fear of not getting enough vitamins, so going without those is not a problem.
ad 2. http://www.waidiet.com/vgb.html
ad 3. Pectin does not contribute significantly to nutrition, thus the damage done by heating does no weigh up to a possible benefit of easier digestibility of pectin.
FatI

Post by FatI »

Since the last time when I wrote here I have eaten this:
End of april-June: I ate every day 1 avocado, 3 tomatoes, 5 apples, 3 nectarines, 2 bananas, 1-2 Table spoons olive oil.
2-3 times a week I ate salmon 50-60 g with 1-2 yolks.
Sometimes I ate potatoes, or carrots, or peppers. (Peppers I ate often)
1 time a day (at least) I drank tea.

During this time my weight did not change. It was still +- 72kg.

In the end of June I went to Italy for 2 weeks, where I walked, A LOT. I ate: About 6-7 fruits a day. Salad of 2 normal sized tomatoes, 80g baby spinach, 0.5 cucumber. About 1-2 Table spoons olive oil.
At the end of the two weeks we run out of money so I ate almost nothing. In the morning about 400ml pasteurized juice. During the day 0-2 fruits. No oil.

When I came home I weighed 69.2 kg. So I had lost about 3 kg.

From the middle of July to 29/7 I ate: 5-7 fruits, 0.5 avocado, 2-3 tomatoes, 0.5-1 pepper, 1 bowl of quinoa/buckwheat/millet with carrots, onions, cauliflower, coconut oil, 1-2 Table spoons olive oil.

During this time my weight did not change.

From 29/7 I ate: 5-7 fruits, juice of 0.5 lemon, 2 tea spoons honey, 500 ml orange juice with sugare and oil, 0.5 avocado, 2 tomatoes, 1 pepper, 1 Table spoon oil. 1 day during this time I ate 50 g fish with 1.5 yolk and 1 day I ate 2 yolks.
1/8 I ate like this also but also walked a lot and then my weight went down to 68.

Yesterday I did not walk and that was the day when I ate the fish&yolks.
My weight is now 69.4.

Here on the forum everyone says that we have to eat enough, but every time I eat what you call "enough" I gain weight. Only when I don't eat anything except 2-3 fruits and 500 ml juice without oil, and walk a lot do I loose weight.

If I eat like this I don't feel tired or like I have no energy, my head did not spin etc. I don't think that I need as much food (aspecially fat) as "normal" people because I have a lot of my own fat in my body. When I eat fat with every fruit I do not loose weight...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

FatI wrote:...1 bowl of quinoa/buckwheat/millet with ..
Thats not part of the diet!
Here on the forum everyone says that we have to eat enough, but every time I eat what you call "enough" I gain weight.
Hmm, its impossible to quantify "enough".
Only when I don't eat anything except 2-3 fruits and 500 ml juice without oil, and walk a lot do I loose weight.
I think we misunderstand; only 3 fruits plus 500 ml of juice for the WHOLE day???
If I eat like this I don't feel tired or like I have no energy, my head did not spin etc.
Well, that is how we quantify "enough"; if you feel sufficiently energetic all day, and never any dizzyness etc.,
then you probably eat enough.
When I eat fat with every fruit I do not loose weight...
Well, if the fruit was already "enough" (quantified by the above), then consuming oil additionally may indeed be too much.