Walking- how many hours?

If you want to get rid of overweight
niffer
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Walking- how many hours?

Post by niffer »

Around how many hours of walking does wai recommend each day?

At my laziest I walk for at least 2 hours per day.

Is there a maximum?

I'm a teenager - so should I be walking more and be more active?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Walking- how many hours?

Post by RRM »

niffer wrote:Around how many hours of walking does wai recommend each day?
Its not required, but walking is an efficient low-energy way of utilizing muscle glycogen.
At my laziest I walk for at least 2 hours per day.
thats plenty.
Is there a maximum?
No, you can walk as much as you want.
I'm a teenager - so should I be walking more and be more active?
Walking is always ok, but you dont need extra.
Actually, as a teenager you always need sufficient energy for recovery and growth,
so make sure you always have sufficient energy available.
Losing weight is more about preventing new fat storage than about burning extra body fat,
so that its about consuming enough energy, but in lots of small meals instead of a few large meals.
Bradshaw

Post by Bradshaw »

Hi Guys....
It is rightly said that Walking is the best Exercise to main a good health . It should be done i hour daily in the morning. I usually like to walk daily which keep me active and energetic and healthy .
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Bradshaw wrote:It should be done i hour daily in the morning.
Why should it be one hour?
Why should it be in the morning?
panacea

Post by panacea »

Walking (and other exercise like jogging/running/moving around a lot) is important for many reasons but the main ones are that it helps increase body oxygenation (improving just about every aspect of health), helps digestion, helps keep joints and muscles in shape (can tolerate the exercise level as opposed to feeling sore if you don't exercise or move around much at all for weeks).

If you are really sedentary like me, where I would spend 95% of my day immobile if I wanted, walking for 3-5 hours may be neccessary to maintain optimum health.
overkees

Post by overkees »

I would recommend yoga for your joints and muscles and for your digestion and muscle glycogen walking is ideal. You can really feel a big difference when on wai when it comes to your flexibillity. And it helps you for mental and physical stabillity.

Also core excercises with low weights are good for posture and bigger muscles (more muscles -> higher metabolism)