How to optimize weight loss

If you want to get rid of overweight
RIA1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

How to optimize weight loss

Post by RIA1 »

Hi: I came upon your site by way of synchronicity. I do not have acne and was searching for a sensible diet to finally, permanently, loose the overweight. While glancing at some of the information I thought "wow, this sounds good for me" As a child I virtually existed on raw fruits, ate the egg yolks raw (left the white) sometimes even ate raw bacon, and having spent some time in Japan I am an avid sashimi fan. So no difficulty for me to stick to such a diet. I downloaded some material, did further research and was impressed with all that I found.
But ... I found little info regarding weight loss itself and in the absence of weight loss testimonials with specifics given I find it difficult to gauge the efficacy of this diet for that purpose. So could you perhaps outline some methods which would optimize fat loss within the parameters of this diet. (There is one thing I did try - orange juice with olive oil - and I totally gagged. Somewhat unexpectedly, but I am sure I can find an alternative. I can handle olive oil readily paired with apple cider vinegar in a salad. But maybe Brazils or Macadamias would do the trick for me).
Here are my stats: Female, 5'2" weighing OMG 214 lbs. Moderately active (Tai Chi & walking) My energy calculation came to 2016 cals. Luckily I am utterly healthy in all other aspects. I take no meds, have no complaints other than that I am forced to wear clothes from hell. I do have cellulite Ugh! But I am sure that loosing weight will remedy most of that as well. I do have access to organic produce, free run eggs, sashimi grade fish, grass fed bison or lamb. Oh yes, my one weakness: Chocolate with hazelnuts.
So - can you help me?
dime

Re: How to optimize weight loss

Post by dime »

So welcome, and yes go ahead with wai diet, very likely it will help you :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

RIA1 wrote:I found little info regarding weight loss itself and in the absence of weight loss testimonials
They are more or less hidden in what people in general report as their experience (with this diet).
Mistake #1 on this diet is ingesting too little energy, resulting in feeling weak and weight loss.
So, it appears (from all the people reporting this) to be very easy to ingest too little energy on this diet.
could you perhaps outline some methods which would optimize fat loss within the parameters of this diet.
- get to know your energy levels (blood sugar, spare glycogen); you need to learn to know your energy levels at all times,
so that you can manage your energy intake accordingly.
Consume very small meals only, very frequently ('hovering blood sugar levels')
There is one thing I did try - orange juice with olive oil - and I totally gagged.
You need just a few drops of oil. Maybe you added too much?
You best use an oil with a neutral taste; the smell / taste of some of oils is very strong.
my one weakness: Chocolate with hazelnuts.
So - can you help me?
If that is your only weakness - no problem.
You can eat it every day, in accordance with your energy requirements, as long as the bulk of your diet is Wai.
RIA1

Post by RIA1 »

1. To "dime" thank you for welcoming me. 2. to RRM: I did understand the differentiation of "hunger" and the fruit test.
I shall mind it. 3. So the 10 meals a day do not just apply to acne sufferers but to overweight individuals also. Shall mind that also. 4. Found solution to oo problem, I drink grapefruit (from straw of course) then take a small amount of oo then quickly back to straw. Works. But Safflower oil with oj is also okay I have found. Either way, that's solved. 5. You must be joking - I can have a bit of chocolate w. hazelnuts daily! Heaven. I don't even have to have it daily, it's more like a forbidden fruit, I want it even more if I can't have it. 6. And so it begins this weekend. I have taken "before" pictures and will report back in one months' time. Keep your finger's crossed for me - Ciao
RIA1

Post by RIA1 »

To RRM - just one more question: Did I understand correctly from one of your blogs that to eat whole fruit is better for weight loss than to juice the fruit?
Oh darn - two more questions just came to mind: Is red bell pepper technically a fruit since it contains seeds? And what about berries, other than strawberries? Okay, I promise, that's it - well at least for now! lol
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

RIA1 wrote:So the 10 meals a day do not just apply to acne sufferers but to overweight individuals also.
10 meals is a bare minimum.
To monitor energy levels properly, you need to ingest energy way more often, in very small quantities.
That way you will learn to feel what your blood energy level is, at any time.
The smaller the meals, and the more frequent,
the less redundant energy is stored as bodyfat (and glycogen = spare glucose).
With every big meal, there is always energy stored as bodyfat, and you don't feel it.
If you only replenish lost blood sugar, you constantly need to keep that level up, because there is hardly any spare glucose (glycogen).
The moment it goes down, you will feel it; through signs of feeling less energetic > tiredness, mood going from up to down to depressed.
So, then its much easier to monitor your energy levels, and prevent any excess
I drink grapefruit
Grapefruit is not a good fruit, due to specific antinutrients.
http://www.waitalk.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 29c#p35247
Please take orange juice instead.
Safflower oil with oj is also okay I have found.
No safflower oil is not ok, as it contains way too much omega-6.
Check out this thread about fatty acid composition of oils:
http://www.waitalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3488
Safflower oil is 74% omega-6 (linoleic acid), 11% oleic acid, 0.5% omega-3 (linolenic acid)
Did you try avocado oil?
or macadamia nut oil?
You must be joking - I can have a bit of chocolate w. hazelnuts daily! Heaven. I don't even have to have it daily, it's more like a forbidden fruit, I want it even more if I can't have it.
So have it daily, and its no longer a forbidden fruit.
Once its no longer a forbidden fruit, that you can have daily, its much easier to control (the quantity).
Just consider it as a meal that gives you energy (because that's what it is). Once that energy is gone, you can again eat / drink something (else).
RIA1 wrote:Did I understand correctly from one of your blogs that to eat whole fruit is better for weight loss than to juice the fruit?
No.
With juice its easier to monitor your blood energy levels, which is essential in controlling your weight.
With whole fruits, it takes longer before you feel its effect on your energy levels,
and because its digestion requires more energy (than the digestion of juice) and its the effects on your stomach (-hunger),
all this may add a lot of confusion.
Is red bell pepper technically a fruit since it contains seeds?
What it technically is, is not that important.
If you want to fill up your stomach, then its good, but that is not what losing weight on the Wai diet is about.
Stomach-hunger is very different from energy-hunger.
When you fix on filling up your stomach with low energy foods, you will have less attention left for your blood energy levels.
Filling up your stomach will eventually result in emptying it, which evokes new stomach hunger.
That's a vicious cycle that's only confusing.
Confusing because you cannot fool your body and mind by filling it up with fiber and water.
Your body wants the real thing: nutrients.
You may try to fool it, but your body will eventually always win (and for good reasons).
Its much smarter to not try to fool your body, or even fight it.
Just give it everything that it needs by listening to it.
It will not tell you to overeat.
Only if you never listen, and just try to fight / fool your body,
it may respond by telling you to overeat.
Not if you listen carefully, and constantly.
It just wants what it needs.
So that what you will give it. And for that, you need to learn to listen.
what about berries, other than strawberries?
Only if those berries contain lots of sugars, and not too much antinutrients (bitter tasting).
RIA1

Post by RIA1 »

Thank you very much RRM, I appreciate you very much. I have purchased new juicer (Breville) more quiet and easier to clean than my old one and I have started juicing. Even manage oj w. oo now. Strange about the chocolate, ate a chunk every day and now I don't want it anymore, it holds no appeal. I think you foresaw that didn't you? I've already lost 4 lbs (down to 209 this morning) probably only water weight at this stage, but I am content :-) But now I have more questions: 1. I am concerned with skin tightening - is MSM supplementation recommended or is there enough of it in the diet? 2. Apparently ECGC aids in apocyte aptosis, the highest amount exists in carob powder. Is it okay to have that instead of chocolate?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

RIA1 wrote:Strange about the chocolate, ate a chunk every day and now I don't want it anymore, it holds no appeal.
Don't think that the appeal is totally gone.
Keep on offering it to your body daily, and don't feel 'a loser' when you like it.
I am concerned with skin tightening
You are afraid of redundant loose skin?
- is MSM supplementation recommended
No, everything you need is in the diet.
Fine-tune your diet by using the nutrient calculator.
Apparently ECGC aids in apocyte aptosis, the highest amount exists in carob powder. Is it okay to have that instead of chocolate?
No, no cheating on this diet.
Your body can perfectly do it all by itself.
You; Its just you.
YOU can do it.
RIA1

Post by RIA1 »

Okay RRM I will adhere, no supplements, but if I look like a prune when all is done I get to blame it on you, yes? lol.
I thought Grapefruit because it is in the same family as orange. So now I have another questions: If not grapefruit then what about Limes and Lemons?
I am glad you are so good at answering all these things, I really want to succeed.
I wish to tell you that I feel very comfortable with this diet it fits my natural inclination. I love my raw tuna and raw salmon, I particularly like my raw egg yolks and am up to 4 a day because they just taste so good. I sleep very well. When I feel creative,
now that I have plenty of time on my hands (no cooking), I make date/cocoa/orange/cocobutter truffles rolled in hazelnuts. Mmm!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

RIA1 wrote:If not grapefruit then what about Limes and Lemons?
They are excluded from this diet for the same reasons.
Only pick fruits that taste very good, and not acidic or bitter.
I love my raw tuna and raw salmon, I particularly like my raw egg yolks and am up to 4 a day because they just taste so good.
Wow, that's wonderful!
I make date/cocoa/orange/cocobutter truffles rolled in hazelnuts. Mmm!
Nice.
There is a recipes section, would you care to post the recipe over there?
RIA1

Post by RIA1 »

Hi RRM - I am more than happy to post the recipe, also for a cucumber mango salad with egg yolk dressing and if you tell me how to upload I'll photograph them.
Right now though I am totally frustrated: I am NOT loosing any weight at all. I am stuck. I am constipated, with a big tummy and that just doesn't make sense. With all that oil things should be moving. Additionally I've been very active. I live in Canada and I've been 'up north' doing plenty of walking (the leaves are turning colour and it is spectacular) so I've had plenty of exercise, fresh air, sunshine - but I fluctuate within 3 lbs. back and forth. I've had plenty of compliments on my skin but I've never had acne, only a minor red rash on my forehead, which I've had all my life and which has almost completely dissappeared. But no weight loss and it really is crucial. This overweight can't be good for my joints. Any suggestions?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Could you list exactly what, how much, and when (time) you eat/drink on an average day?
RIA1

Post by RIA1 »

Hello Oscar, this is my update: First off, I was guilty of RtFM (at IBM when things go array and it is due to simple stupidity the code word is RtFM - Read the F.....g Manual) well, I had not read the Manual completely through. When I downloaded the Freeacnebook I read the first 200 or so pages, instinctively knew this was the diet for me, but never read the last 200 or so pages. After my last communique I decided to read it all and lo and behold there was a chapter on Constipation. (slap on the forehead) I never did figure out exactly what caused the "backup", but I think it could very well have been that the encrusted pipes cleaned themselves and that the loosened matter clogged on the way down. (what a yukky subject) It all eventually evacuated but it took its time, nearly a week and it was slow going and totally gross. Causing a good deal of discomfort, that stuff was like concrete. But I feel great now and although I did not loose the 'weight' that I had hoped for, I have been stable at 211 lbs for several days. No more up and down. Also, I went out yesterday and a pair of pants that were snug several weeks ago sloughed down my hips and I could not wear them. So, perhaps the "weight" is not drastic but the effect is. Now it is a matter of getting into a routine and stabilizing the intake. I will keep a diary of eating for the next week and that, I am sure will help me to stabilize.
I am becoming acutely aware of items not "good" for me. We were at a Japanese restaurant last night and along with my sashimi I unfortunately also had fried shrimp in panko which I do like very much and I had it as a "munch" food, but oh how I suffered this last night for it.
By the way, for me at least, those 200 or so last pages were essential in understanding the importance of this diet. I shall keep you posted of all my progress. And to whoever did this research, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.!!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, please keep us posted...
Lin

Post by Lin »

Can I jump in here please RIA1. Which is better RRM, standard dark chocolate or cooking chocolate or is there no diff?