Why Is my wife unable to lose weight?

If you want to get rid of overweight
clem24
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Why Is my wife unable to lose weight?

Post by clem24 »

My wife has been trying to lose weight for the past 9 months now to no avail. She worked on her cravings, exercise at least the best she can but nothing happened. We used the blood sugar level chart to compare her sugar level and found out it was really on the high side. I want to know if high blood sugar level can make it impossible for her to lose weight. Please come in and share your thought on this. Thanks!
MarciavD

Re: Why Is my wife unable to lose weight?

Post by MarciavD »

Blood sugar (and things like insulin resistancy) can have influence on the ability to lose weight, but do you know why is she on the high side of the chart?
Does she eat enough healthy fats? (to balance blood sugar level).
Is she on Wai diet? Did you read the chapters about losing weight and balancing blood sugar? What does she eat and what kind of exercise?
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

If blood sugar is high all the time, her body is running mainly on that sugar. To really dig into the her energy reserves (excess body weight) she first need to burn through that sugar, as the body dont go for stored fat as a primary fuel source if blood glucose and glucogen is abundant and more (more than is used) energy is taken in all the time.

Check out Wai Warrior, as it might be easier to control food intake and even switch into a state of utilizing more stored fat as energy with a periodic fast.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

clem24 wrote: Sun 13 Aug 2017 13:23 My wife has been trying to lose weight for the past 9 months now to no avail. She worked on her cravings, exercise at least the best she can but nothing happened.
Exercise actually makes it HARDER to lose weight.
Losing weight AND exercise is twice the effort.
Here you can find my free weightloss program: http://www.six200.com
found out it was really on the high side. I want to know if high blood sugar level can make it impossible for her to lose weight.
No.
Bodyfat is burned 24/7, regardless of blood sugar level.
Fat STORAGE is related to blood sugar. Not burning bodyfat.
That is because the intestines and your heart use fatty acids for energy 24/7
During sleep, 90% of your energy utilized comes from bodyfat.
When you are physically active, that fat burn rate goes down.

Blood sugar can only go up from consumed carbs and protein.
clem24

Post by clem24 »

Thanks guys for all the contributions. Been busy with work would have replied. And hey, who know something about the BMR calculator? I mean Basal metabolic rate. Read it online but couldn't understand better. I think I am being too curious with this weight loss thing :D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You can never be too curious.
What exactly do you want to know about the basal metabolic rate?