6*200 versus WW : what's best?

If you want to get rid of overweight
MarciavD
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

6*200 versus WW : what's best?

Post by MarciavD »

RRM, I've been reading all the information on your website www.topfitafter50.com. Nice guidance, it's very interesting !
I am definitely going to try the exercises you mentioned for women. But I also have a question for weightloss / losing bodyfat.

What's the best method for getting real low percentage of bodyfat? Is it better to eat 6 * 200 (or something like that) or to
eat according to Wai Warrrior)? I think about combining those two, for example eating 6-8 small meals within an eating window of 10 hourse or so.
I am not too heavy (BMI 18), but I don't have the firm hips and buttocks I would like to have. Also my skin is very loose in that area.
I think it would be best to 1. of course do the exercises 2. try to lose some bodyfat without getting underweight (maybe 6 x 200 is not enough for me to feel energetic and maintain a healthy weight).
RRM
Administrator

Re: 6*200 versus WW : what's best?

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote: Mon 16 Oct 2017 09:09 What's the best method for getting real low percentage of bodyfat? Is it better to eat 6 * 200 (or something like that) or to
eat according to Wai Warrrior)?
WW is best for men, as it better allows you to increase your muscle mass while lean.
6*200 is most effective for a low bodyfat percentage
but I don't have the firm hips and buttocks I would like to have. Also my skin is very loose in that area.
The BMI is not that telling, because your fat may be particularly localised in your 'problem areas'.
Getting rid of that bodyfat will probably make a big difference.
maybe 6 x 200 is not enough for me to feel energetic and maintain a healthy weight).
6*200 is not for maintaining (a healthy) weight.
Its for losing weight.
Once excess bodyfat is gone, you need to increase your energy intake.
It is enough to feel energetic, as the only difference is that less bodyfat is re-stored, which does not affect blood- and liver-energy levels.

You can follow me on Instagram for more direct coaching, as i check my IG messages daily. @topfitafter50
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

6*200 is most effective for a low bodyfat percentage
Thanks a lot! WW goes well for a short period of time and then it's a true mental struggle for me, so this is good news!
The BMI is not that telling
I know. Some people think I am skinny, but that's not true when it comes to buttocks / hips.
Technically - according to BMI - I am slightly underweight, but I am sure I have a few kg's fat to lose. Maybe I should search for someone who
can measure my bf%, so I know for sure.
Do you think with this method will also make me lose my rigid fat depots at my hips? (zadeltassen)

I walk a lot (20km per day), so maybe I burn more sugars and therefore need a bit bigger meals than 200 kcals each?
Or I just add a small meal when I don't feel energetic enough and I am depressed / not happy due to lack of energy.
When I don't eat enough I'm feeling really cold, like from the inside of my body. That seems to me like a serious signal of
lack of energy? Or is it something else?

Thanks for the Instagram-info! I will look into that (I am not that much of an Instagrammer)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Maybe I should search for someone who can measure my bf%, so I know for sure.
You don't need to. As long as those saddlebags are still there, there is still plenty of fat to get burned.
Do you think with this method will also make me lose my rigid fat depots at my hips? (zadeltassen)
Yes, with this method, spare fat is your main source of energy, and most of it does not get re-stored.
So, yes, you can definitely burn all the fat that you want to see eliminated.
I walk a lot (20km per day), so maybe I burn more sugars and therefore need a bit bigger meals than 200 kcals each?
Walking 20 km, you burn about 1000 to 1100 kcal
About 50% of that energy comes from bodyfat, and 50% from glycogen.
So, you may need about 550 kcal in sugars after a 20 km walk.
Thus you need to make sure to drink about 1.2 L of OJ after walking 20 km. These sugars better be easy to digest, as in juice, for rapid glycogen replenishment.
Of course you can also drink less, and also eat something, but make sure that most of it are sugars, as you need to fully replenish those lost 550 kcal in sugars.
You don't need to drink/eat everything in one go, you can also spread that meal during one hour, or 1.5 hours.
Or I just add a small meal when I don't feel energetic enough and I am depressed / not happy due to lack of energy.
Normally, yes, but if you walk 20 km, you need extra sugars, right after walking, which is when sugars are most effectively stored as glycogen.
When I don't eat enough I'm feeling really cold, like from the inside of my body. That seems to me like a serious signal of
lack of energy?
Indeed.
Thanks for the Instagram-info! I will look into that (I am not that much of an Instagrammer)
You can also just check it on the www : https://www.instagram.com/topfitafter50/
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

Thanks a lot RRM! It's reassuring to know I CAN get rid of this saddlebags on my own (without surgery or things like that)
As long as those saddlebags are still there, there is still plenty of fat to get burned.
That's exactly what I thought, even with my weight (low BMI, which indeed isn't telling at all).
I don't walk 20 km at once, but about 20 km in 4 different laps of 5 km (early morning, morning, afternoon and evening).
Every day I try to drink 1l of OJ in between, that helps with feeling happy and energetic. Should I "count" this energy in the total 1200 or should I drink it besides my 6 meals of 200?

Won't eating this little calories affect my BMR? As in : don't I have to be afraid to 'destroy my metabolism due to under eating'?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I don't walk 20 km at once, but about 20 km in 4 different laps of 5 km (early morning, morning, afternoon and evening).
That means you need 137 kcal in sugars after each walk.
So, 4*337 kcal after each walk, plus 2*200 kcal in between those walks / at night.
Every day I try to drink 1l of OJ in between, that helps with feeling happy and energetic. Should I "count" this energy in the total 1200 or should I drink it besides my 6 meals of 200?
1 L OJ contains about 471 kcal
When walking 20 km a day, you need 550 kcal extra (on top of the 6*200)
So, yes, you should drink 250 ml OJ (or 292 ml) after each 5 km walk, besides your regular 200 kcal meals.
Won't eating this little calories affect my BMR? As in : don't I have to be afraid to 'destroy my metabolism due to under eating'?
Your metabolism cannot be destroyed; it will not stop working. It will only adjust to your energy intakes.
You cannot lose weight wihtout undereating.
You cannot gain weight without overeating.
Undereating actually triggers autophagy, which increases longevity (shown by overwhelming scientific research).

The 6*200 method is based on burning your bodyfat for energy. Theoretically, you could survive on that, but that would cause fatigue, lethargy and depression. Hence the 6*200 meals, to make you feel energetic while using bodyfat for energy.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

When walking 20 km a day, you need 550 kcal extra (on top of the 6*200)
Thanks RRM, that explains why I was having a hard time on trying just 6*200. I now know even better what to do! :)

Do I understand correctly it's best to only consume sugars? Or do I also need to eat some fat?
My current fat intake comes from 1 avocado a day and some occasional nut (not too much because nuts and animal food
will cause acne / inflammation in my face).

I have to say I do like to run. Is it a problem / will it counteract losing weight if I go running 2/3 times (5-10 km runs) a week? (if I
replenish the lost sugars with OJ) I don't go running for weight loss, but to clear my head and feel energetic.

Last question (for now..) :
How low can I go when it comes to my weight? I want to get rid of my saddlebags, but don't want to look like a living
skeleton.. My abs are already showing (great!!). :D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote: Fri 17 Nov 2017 09:20 Do I understand correctly it's best to only consume sugars? Or do I also need to eat some fat?
After walking (or other exercise), you predominantly need sugars, but in the other meals the proportion of sugars may be much smaller.
To inhibit nutrients-induced appetite, you need to consume all nutrients, including protein and fats.
An avocado daily is perfect.
But you also need some animal food to curb your appetite (in this case appetite for B12, D, iron and protein)
I have to say I do like to run. Is it a problem / will it counteract losing weight if I go running 2/3 times (5-10 km runs) a week? (if I
replenish the lost sugars with OJ) I don't go running for weight loss, but to clear my head and feel energetic.
It's not a problem at all. It just makes it a little bit bit harder.
The more energy you burn, the bigger meals you need to replenish the sugars.
Bigger meals come with more fat storage, as glycogen storage and fat storage happens simultanously.
How low can I go when it comes to my weight? I want to get rid of my saddlebags, but don't want to look like a living
skeleton.. My abs are already showing (great!!). :D
Everybody has a 'weak spot'; its where your spare fat goes away last.
We cannot manipulate that. We cannot target specific fat depots. We can only target bodyfat in general.
Its our genetic makeup that determines where your last fat reserves are stored.
Obviously, your saddlebags are your weak spot (where your last reserves are stored).
So, other fat reserves will vanish before your saddlebags are gone.
Once your saddlebags are gone, you definitely need to increase your energy intake.
It's all up to you. if the rest of your body gets too skinny whereas the saddle bags are still there, you can decide 'no further' , of course.
That is all up to you. You are in control.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

Bigger meals come with more fat storage, as glycogen storage and fat storage happens simultaneously.
Does fat storage also happen if the food consumed mostly brings sugars and there is also enough space in the glycogen depots?
In other words : is there ALWAYS (a bit) fat stored after a meal?
if the rest of your body gets too skinny whereas the saddle bags are still there, you can decide 'no further' , of course.
That is all up to you. You are in control.
So no health dangers, even when the weight gets 'officially' (too) low?
I do want to get rid of this (in my opnion) extra fat. I don't see how these depots should have a positive influence on my health.
I think I can go pretty low, and then need to find a way to build the body I want. (without visible fat)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote: Thu 23 Nov 2017 13:46 is there ALWAYS (a bit) fat stored after a meal?
Yes, but HOW MUCH highly depends on the conditions.
The bigger the need for glycogen, the smaller the percentage of fat stored.
So no health dangers, even when the weight gets 'officially' (too) low?
As long as you have spare fat, your weight is not too low.
I do want to get rid of this (in my opnion) extra fat. I don't see how these depots should have a positive influence on my health
I think I can go pretty low, and then need to find a way to build the body I want. (without visible fat)
Exactly
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

RRM, I now weigh 50.1 kg. My weight is steady, I consume a lot of food, eat when hungry and don't restrict calories at all.
Most of the days I eat up to 3000 kcal, mostly carbs.
You said
As long as you have spare fat, your weight is not too low.
I really like the way I look and other people say I look skinny but very healthy. My bmi is 16.5. Energylevels are fine.
Should I gain weight or can I simply be happy with my weight and looks?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Officially, with a BMI of 16.5, you are underweight.
But these are safe levels, that can never take individual differences into account.
As long as your energy levels are fine, and you feel fine, and your skin looks healthy, your body is obviously fine with it.
If not, it would make you feel lethargic and depressed.
So, just be happy with yourself. You deserve it.
Well done!!!
Congratulations!
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

But these are safe levels, that can never take individual differences into account.
RRM, do you know what the minimum is?

I've recently watched some documentaries about eating disorders. I don't think I've got one, but they always talk about the dangers of being thin / skinny.
Now I wonder, if skinny is really dangerous if a person eats healthy and plenty, gets all vitamins and minerals, doesn't lose weight anymore and feels fine.. Yes, like me.
My weight is steady at bmi of 16,5. I walk alot, run alot (running half a marathon this weekend) and especially eat alot. But I eat healthy and certainly no junk or processed foods. I've never felt better, to be honest. And I think I look great and healthy, my boyfriend agrees.
Even though my weight is steady, my body still gets more ripped.

Am I risking osteoporose, tooth decay, or that kind of things?
I haven't gotten my period for about one year now, but never was regular so I don't stress about it.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Osteoporosis and tooth decay are both non-deficiency disorders. Yes, estrogen levels are often depressed in female marothon athletes, and yes, estrogen protects you against osteoporosis, but only in the sense that it is protective against an overload of calcium; meaning that if you don't take dairy products nor supplementary calcium, you don't need high estrogen levels to protect you.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

When you eat healthy food, your vitamin and mineral intake is always sufficient. Only if you would ingest lots of energy not accompanied with those nutrients, you might lack them.
You obviously have sufficient muscle tissue at your disposal for long distance running, which functions as a reservoir of spare energy (protein>carbs, fats). In that sense, spare protein is more or less equivalent to spare fat.
Moreover, your brain chemistry to some extend exemplifies your physical health. Stable mental health is an indication for physical health.

Rather than a number, I think those markers more accurately tell us the difference between healthy weight and underweight.
I also think that those documentaries aim at a different audience; particularly young people vulnerable to the pressures of beauty paradigms.
You seem like a perfectly healthy person to me.