Fat and cravings

If you want to get rid of overweight
Corinne
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Corinne »

I find two reactions to an indulged in craving...
Afterwards it's never as fulfilling as I imagined it would be and either I immediatly want more of what I just ate or nothing at all for a long time (longer than if I had eaten a sample food instead).
So watch out Slea that you indeed are getting the cholesterol you need, especially before your cycle...
RRM said to me in another thread that eating lots of eggs (more than usual) before your period will help you reduce these cooked food cravings.
I usually eat 4 eggs a day and go at least to 6 in the 10 days before my period.
slea

Post by slea »

Why am I not craving the egg yolks? I am not wanting them at all. They don't even sound good and fish is turning me off since the last time I bought it it was not very fresh. I don't know what is wrong. I don't know what to do. I thought about trying butter for now. That doesn't even sound good. :cry:
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Thanks, huntress! :-D Indeed, the coconut oil has been a wonderful addition to my diet... I urge everyone to try it. (Most of us on this diet have some in our cupboards anyway, for external us; so no excuses!)

And Corinne... I see you, too, know the joys of Birchermuesli (oh, well!)... it's funny, I was just saying to Oscar, how I've discovered my skin can tolerate small amounts of yoghurt, but NOT oats. So Birchermuesli is out for me, for good. But there is so much good stuff we CAN eat on this diet! And hooray for egg yolks in OJ! Oh goodness, I love it!

Slea, sometimes the best way to 'develop' a craving for egg yolks is just to eat them anyway... they are so yummy, to me, that I can't just have one. Sooner or later, I will be hungering after yolks with banana, or yolks with OJ, or yolks with avocado (only recommended if you need to fall asleep soon!). Your body perhaps needs to be gently reminded of all the good things in an egg yolk?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think CurlyGirl has a point there, Slea...but make sure the eggs are very fresh and organic. The same goes for the fish...make sure it's very fresh the next time you try it.
slea

Post by slea »

My eggs are super fresh, I get them from a neighbor who has chickens. Fish on the other hand is very tricky. I live inland so there is no real fresh fish around. We have only TWO fish markets! Only one of them sells wild atlantic salmon and the other places your can get fish are all farm raised. Yuk. I never really got a taste for egg yolks. I only want them with munch food (potatoes, rice, bread) which is out of the question if I am going for 100%. It just grosses me out to eat egg yolks by them selves. When I mix it with oj it makes my stomach queasy. If I mix it with banana or avo, it just seems slimy! I feel like I am making my self eat it, not enjoying it. Now on the other hand, if I get a hold of some fresh fish, I could eat it non stop. Nothing better, and my daughter loves it as well.

I just thought about something, we do have an Asian market that has live fish, but how do you know where they came from? I feel funny asking, and who knows if they will tell you the truth.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

CurlyGirl..
Yoghurt? WOW! I used to eat so much of it (with or without muesli) I was really surprised how little I missed it when I went on the diet. My favorite pre-wai snack used to be yoghurt and (interestingly enough) a mushed banana with honey... I haven't craved yoghurt.

Slea...
CG is probably right. Although I also think that maybe the problem is exactly that you used to mix the eggs with munch food...so your body might actually be rejecting the munch food more than the yolks...? Have you tried making a fruit shake say with a pear, mango plus water in a blender, then mush banana on the side and mix with egg yolk and then mix everything together, adding OO or Coco oil? Also pure egg yolks with some sugar tastes like vanilla pudding: heavenly! I suggest try them pure a tiny bit at a time or mixed in with a shake. And see what happens.

About the fish: I cannot eat salmon anymore (so I understand) or very occasionally: at some point my body just said no to it so instead I eat mackerel which is just wonderful. Maybe you can find this fish at your asian market. I think it's a good idea to check it out.

Good luck!
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

You can also order fresh fish, ready to be cut into sashimi, from a Cali company, website: www.catalinaop.com - they overnight it with ice anywhere in the US, and from all of the testimonials on their site, I would guess it's great. I haven't tried them yet (I learned about them from someone else on this site), but if it fits into your budget maybe you could get some every so often. I think you have to buy 2 lbs at a time for it to be shipped, so it might be good to make some ceviche or something with it to make sure it lasts. :) Just a possibilty - and it would probably be fresher than anything you could obtain locally.

~Amber
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

sula58 and CurlyGirl

I once dated someone with the body of a 12 year old boy; she said it had something to do with voodoo and reality TV but our relationship was perfectly heterosexual since she was really a 34 year old woman inside.

Anyways about the Wai 'marketing' idea, there's a link on the main waisays page, http://www.waiworld.com/waisays/index.html

"
Are you studying at,
or in any other way affiliated
to an university somewhere in the world?
Here's how your actions (not money)
can make a difference to the health of millions of people...
"

but the link is broken? Anyone know anything about this?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yep, I haven't converted that page yet. As it says on that page:
"We're in the process of moving and restructuring the site(s), which requires changing all the articles. During this time the navigation within the articles/sites might be difficult. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Anyway, the page handles about the possibility to run tests on mice yourself and how to go about it.