If you want to get rid of overweight
Cairidh
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Cairidh »

I could eat dates forever...but with me its psychological :wink:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

huntress wrote:I understand about the lack of appetite enhancer part. However, the rule somehow doesn't apply to when I eat fruits that are high in sugar:
Yes, this is likely to happen when you create an initial 'sugar-rush'; your brain likes the serotonin-uptake stimulating effect of a sugar-rush so much that it will stimulate you to maintain that sugar-rush, which requires 'binging' on these dried fruits.
The way to prevent this is by making very sure not to eat a whole dried fruit in one sitting; you are only permitted to nibble and you need to focus on the effect on your blood-sugar level (you need 'to keep in touch').

What is 'psychological' very often is also a biochemical process.
ketodog

Post by ketodog »

RRM wrote:
huntress wrote:
I understand about the lack of appetite enhancer part. However, the rule somehow doesn't apply to when I eat fruits that are high in sugar:
Yes, this is likely to happen when you create an initial 'sugar-rush'; your brain likes the serotonin-uptake stimulating effect of a sugar-rush so much that it will stimulate you to maintain that sugar-rush, which requires 'binging' on these dried fruits.
The way to prevent this is by making very sure not to eat a whole dried fruit in one sitting; you are only permitted to nibble and you need to focus on the effect on your blood-sugar level (you need 'to keep in touch').

What is 'psychological' very often is also a biochemical process.
I believe this to be 100% true. There are some people - me included - who simply can´t listen to their bodies when confronted with certain foods (honey, bananas, coconut + honey combos to mention some) and eat more energy than what they need.

Personally, I note that I tend to eat more bananas than apples, oranges or other fruits with a lower sugar/ weight ratio.

IMO, people trying to loose weight should keep this in mind and find out if they are one of those ¨sugar-junkies¨. If they fall under this category, simply eliminating those problematic foods and replacing them with fruit lower in sugar will probably help to solve the problem.

Mixing nuts with sugary foods can also be tricky for some individuals, creating that ¨sugar addiction¨.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

ketodog wrote:IMO, people trying to loose weight should keep this in mind and find out if they are one of those ¨sugar-junkies¨.
Very much true!
We should include this somewhere...
If they fall under this category, simply eliminating those problematic foods and replacing them with fruit lower in sugar will probably help to solve the problem.
Then the problem is not solved, but avoided. Eventually, its about learning to recognise the signals, which are there, but unnoticed due to the stronger feelings of cravings.
The sugar isnt bad, its just that we need to learn to deal with it.
I used to experience such rushes too, way before this diet.
Before this diet, I could eat 12 apples or 6 bananas in one setting. Now i have difficulties eating one banana in one setting. Usually I finish it in about 15 minutes.
The same with drinking juice etc.
ketodog

Post by ketodog »

RRM wrote:
The sugar isnt bad, its just that we need to learn to deal with it.
In my personal case, there are 2 ways of dealing with this addictive behaviour.

1. Don´t let blood-glucose leveles drop too low, by eating more frequently those foods high in sugar (dried fruit, honey, etc.). Eventually you will not eat too much of them as you won´t feel that addictive need of gulping down tons of sugars.

2. Include enough fat with your meals, no matter if they are frequent or not. I consider this the best option, because I don´t think that option 1 is healthy (too much sugar).

The same as some people tend to do fine with more sugars and little fat - although I am convinced that to be unhealthy due to my experience and another person I know who also did that - I do well with few meals in a day.

Recently I have been experimenting with consuming almost all my carbs right after my intense training sessions (never shorter than 45 minutes) and then I limit to fat/protein meals.

I am not doing Wai´s diet (I don´t have the acne issue any more), I don´t have problems with high-protein intakes, I don´t think boiled animal foods to be carcinogenic and I am open minded to try always new things and re-try them too.

Since I left aside all dogmas and increased the frequency, volume and intensity of my physical activity, I have found out that very low carb diets can´t fuel optimal performance and recovery.
ketodog

Post by ketodog »

I would like to add also that this site offers info that I have never seen in other places, and that I have found to be true in practice, such as the concepts of ¨natural foods¨ vs. ¨addictive foods¨, and how when if listening to your body you don´t feel like eating fruit but a doughnut, then it´s not ¨real¨ hunger what you are experiencing; just the temptation of an artificial garbage like mixtures of wheat/milk peptides with other crap that enhances a ¨false¨ appetite.

So if you eat ONLY natural foods and listen to your body you can never become obese and you probably will lose your excess fat too, if you have any.

Very few are lucky to hear this ideas in their entire life.
avalon

Post by avalon »

I think we also need remember each person is comming off their own individual family history. Everything your Mom and Father did and didn't do most likely affects you to this day. And of course, back and back further. Which is why say, I don't have acne issues, but RRM does.

I'm now just learning that what works for me might not work for you, because of this history. We're not just talking one set of people. We all may be regenerating or degenerating depending on out family past. And it may take generations to fix such degeneration. So it seems imperative to keep healthy living going from here to there... ehh

okay bye

Avalon :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes I agree, though the basic biochemical processes in our body are the same for everyone. Unless there is an individual defect, person A will digest sugars in the same way as person B, for instance.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I dont think im susceptible to acne because of what my mother and father did / did not.
Im susceptible to acne because my skin produces relatively much sebum. I may have that from my mother's side, but not because of what she did, of course.
avalon

Post by avalon »

RRM wrote:
I dont think im susceptible to acne because of what my mother and father did / did not.
Did/did not what? Eat do? Maybe it goes farther back than just your Mom and Dad.
Im susceptible to acne because my skin produces relatively much sebum.
But why is your skin different than mine? Our lines developed differently?
I may have that from my mother's side, but not because of what she did, of course.
If it's from your Mother's side, then what was it? Maybe it goes all the way back. Your 'clan' ate a certain diet for a certain time and for many years and generations you're more susceptible to certain foods from such a diet. Perhaps by eating Wai, and many years from now, your Family line continues eating Wai, this will change for you will have altered the dietary lifestyle of your lineage.
nick

Post by nick »

RRM wrote: Before this diet, I could eat 12 apples or 6 bananas in one setting. Now i have difficulties eating one banana in one setting. Usually I finish it in about 15 minutes.
The same with drinking juice etc.
A-ha!
This is the same for me too!
I only want a whole banana if I just did something really energy exhausting! But coming back from class or when just studying, I prefer to munch on the banana and I wouldn't just eat it like candybar, but space out the bites.

I think I will try experimenting with this.
Eating it in one quicking 'sitting' versus the take a bite a every few minutes approach.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

nick wrote:I only want a whole banana if I just did something really energy exhausting!
Exactly; only if I really need all the energy, i will eat it all.
avalon wrote:Maybe it goes all the way back. Your 'clan' ate a certain diet for a certain time
Avalon, please!
why is your skin different than mine?
Because we are different in every aspect of our bodies. Every single human being is different, even twins.
By definition one skin produces more sebum than another, because we are different. That makes some people more susceptible to acne than others.
avo

Post by avo »

It seems like acne is a relatively new occurance. Where was this, say, 800 years ago? Why does it seem that there are more sebum-level problems nowadays than historically? Or maybe we just don't know the extent of acne in the past, as it is just never mentioned.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I go for the latter. It seems we didnt look that pretty back then.
avalon

Post by avalon »

avalon wrote:
Maybe it goes all the way back. Your 'clan' ate a certain diet for a certain time

RRM answered:
Avalon, please!
I was serious! Please!
Quote:
why is your skin different than mine?

RRM answered:
Because we are different in every aspect of our bodies. Every single human being is different, even twins.
By definition one skin produces more sebum than another, because we are different. That makes some people more susceptible to acne than others.
And you don't think generations of different diets contribute to this?