Why People Lose Weight on This Diet

If you want to get rid of overweight
curiousz
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Why People Lose Weight on This Diet

Post by curiousz »

Hey, I've got a pretty valid question...

If people are concerned about losing weight in the very start of this diet - why?

It seems to me like this diet WILL cause an initial loss of weight, however as long as you are eating ENOUGH, that 'weight loss' is restricted to WATER WEIGHT and not MUSCLE loss.

So naturally this diet COMBATS 'water retention' and 'water weight'. It makes sense that initially you will lose wieght on this diet until you reach a natural equillibrium point.

Is this true? It seems to me like it'd be easy to keep a relatively 'cut' look on this diet. You're losing all the water weight, and if you eat enough throughout the day you won't lose muscle mass.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Correct. Of course people who are overweight usually also want to get rid of their bodyfat, and since we eat quite a lot of fat on this diet, this might be cause for concern. I can understand it seems quite contradictory, that you have to eat more (healthy) fats in order to lose your own bodyfat.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

It's true - I can vouch for this personally. The more fat I eat, the more fat I lose.
huntress

Post by huntress »

But, the more fat I eat, the more fruits I want to eat.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes Huntress; your body naturally prefers a certain balance of fats / sugars.
Do you want to lose weight?
Trying to keep sugar intake lower may proof difficult, because then you are fighting your body's preferences. Instead, you might want to moderate your fat intake, so that you are meeting your body's preferences.
huntress

Post by huntress »

Yes RRM, I definitely want to loose weight. Thanks for the tip! :wink:
avalon

Post by avalon »

But not only are we dealing with our Body's preferences, we're dealing with psychological programing. Perhaps years worth of self indulgence and other personal factors regarding our eating habits.

I've had to cut my fruit intake, specifically for breakfast, in order to lose weight on Wai. And I don't do the oj throughout the day.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:And I don't do the oj throughout the day.
why not?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Quite Honestly, I've never been big on juice. My prefernce has been to 'eat' the orange rather than drink it.

I will say that this may change because for many years I have stayed away from 'super market' juice because of the high sugar content. But, I now own a juicer... so never say never.

I found though that going 90% Wai(occansional sauted spinach with garlic), I wasn't gaining weight but wasn't losing either. Cutting back on the fruit for breakfast (to one piece of fruit- wait a while and have some nuts) whether in a smoothie or a bowl... doing that, got my weight to start going down. I'll snack on some orange slices or other fruit during the day but try not to eat too much.

Isn't it possibly, for me, too much energy/sugar- that I am not using up?

When I reach my set-weight I'll re-think more fruit.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:...Cutting back on the fruit for breakfast (to one piece of fruit- wait a while and have some nuts)...
Ehrr, that is the way it should be anyway...
With this diet, you dont eat normal meals, so no breakfast either; you ingest energy only when you need energy, and only a small meal (no more than one piece of fruit in one setting) as all meals are small, but frequently taken in.
Isn't it possibly, for me, too much energy/sugar- that I am not using up?
Im sorry, but I dont understand your question.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

She means that if she fills her glycogen stores when there is no need for energy...

Yeah, if you do that you will gain weight. The reason? Your blood sugar will quickly drop making you feel hungry again.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't think so. If you keep your glycogen depots filled, and refill the bloodsugar whenever it's needed, then nothing will be converted into bodyfat. Only if you keep eating while those two are filled, will it be converted.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Well, that's true... Only until the point of overfilling (provided the pancreas is functioning properly).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

To overfill, you need to disregard your lack of appetite / 'feeling for the need for energy'. With this diet, you try to listen to your body, which is easy because of the lack of appetite enhancers.
huntress

Post by huntress »

I understand about the lack of appetite enhancer part. However, the rule somehow doesn't apply to when I eat fruits that are high in sugar: dates, dried figs, mangoes, honey...etc. I would eat them to the point where I am completely full but I would still want to go for more even after consuming fats.