listening to your body for exercise

If you want to get rid of overweight
zazuna
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

listening to your body for exercise

Post by zazuna »

Hi all, I am back from a short period of silence--had an important deadline and also wanted to take time to see the kind of progress on the diet.
I have also lost 4kg in a couple of days and I am very happy about this since I was looking forward to it.

However, because it I am on the 100% diet, I can really feel my body and lately I was feeling that it had had very low energy levels, especially after exercising, so I decided not to go to the gym today and try to compensate all the required glucose through more calories today. I feel much better now, especially after OJ :D

For the past two hours, I have been browsing the forums and the Wai book, and I would still like to ask some technical questions about losing weight and staying in shape:

1) when is walking most beneficial? early morning? any time? evening, before going to sleep?

2) how do you carry your OJ around? I realized I will need to buy something but am not sure what exactly--an insulated jar to preserve temperature better? or just a plastic (non-transparent, others do not need to see what's there, right?) bottle? What is the most comfortable litrage, material, and design (smth. with a handle, more like a bottle)?

3) what is the best time for isolation exercises? I thought that probably mornings and afternoons are better because one has time before early evening to consume sufficient glucose.

4) what is the best time for stretching? early in the morning? or later in the day to relieve stress--double benefit?

5) Just to clarify, because I have read it at some point but I want to hear it stated once again: what is the best time to finish eating fiber for the day? 7-8pm? After that, it is still possible to eat things like banana and orange jucie, right?

Thanks for any kind of help with any of these questions. I am so happy I have been 100% Wai for the past 11 days, 3 more days to go and I will be able to tell the exact differences between me before and me after. But I feel the healthful energy of raw food Wai-style and would like to stick to the diet forever. I have always been a freak concerning health issues :roll: so I guess this diet suits my character.

Additional thanks, except Wai and RRM for giving us all the opportunity to achieve optimum individual health, goes to all forum participants. Even when I am busy and cannot post myself, I come to the forum for inspiration. Thank you all!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think exercise in general is done best:
- when glycogen depots are full and blood sugar is high
- not directly after consuming protein
- before the 'biggest' meal of the day, if there is one

I carry my OJ in 0.5 liter glass bottles, but plastic ones are fine too.

Glad to hear you're doing so well. :)
RRM
Administrator

Re: listening to your body for exercise

Post by RRM »

zazuna wrote: 1) when is walking most beneficial? early morning? any time? evening, before going to sleep?
As Oscar said: when you have most energy.
2) how do you carry your OJ around?
Plastic 1.5 L CocaCola / Fanta / water bottles.
I work in a restaurant where they always have empty bottles, so that I simply exchange mine all the time.
I guess for most people they are too big; 0.5 L or 1 L seems more appropriate.
3) what is the best time for isolation exercises?
In the evening, before you go to bed. That way the body can start reparing immediately, and so that as little muscle protein gets lost (converted into energy)
4) what is the best time for stretching? early in the morning? or later in the day to relieve stress--double benefit?
Both are beneficial in different ways, but I prefer at night, so that also the exercised muscles are stretched for sure.
5) what is the best time to finish eating fiber for the day? 7-8pm? After that, it is still possible to eat things like banana and orange jucie, right?
Yes, though individually different.
OJ yes, but banana contains fiber.
I have always been a freak concerning health issues :roll: so I guess this diet suits my character.
Yes, this board is filled with freaks like us.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm not a freak! I think... Image
RRM wrote:That way the body can start reparing immediately, and so that as little muscle protein gets lost (converted into energy)
Unless you make sure the blood sugar level is up to par the whole time, no? Or does muscle protein gets converted anyway?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, as through exercise muscles are always damaged (thats what promotes growth), which releases protein-parts into our bloodstream, which are then converted into single amino acids and/or energy.
If those relatively big proteins are still in the blood, chances are best that much of it can be reused as amino acids for construction purposes.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ahh I see. :)
spring

Re: listening to your body for exercise

Post by spring »

zazuna wrote:
2) how do you carry your OJ around? I realized I will need to buy something but am not sure what exactly--an insulated jar to preserve temperature better? or just a plastic (non-transparent, others do not need to see what's there, right?) bottle? What is the most comfortable litrage, material, and design (smth. with a handle, more like a bottle)?
I carry my juice in a "Lock&Lock" storage bottle. It's plastic and it never leaks. The seal is fantastic. It's made in Korea and is very cheap here. It costs me the equivalent of $1.50. It looks like tupperware but hardier and as its name implies, it really locks in everything. They have clips that you just click shut. I love these products. I have carried juice and other types of liquids in these bottles in my bags since I've come to Korea and I've never had a leak. Although I put the containers in a plastic bag just in case. I even carry a small "Lock&Lock" container of olive oil with me at times, it's really convenient and has solved my storage problems for when I'm on the road. I used to buy all sorts of supposedly leakproof containers before Lock&Lock and always ended up with messy leaks from them.

Soft drink bottles with screw on caps work well too for carrying juice.