Timing eating to loose weight

If you want to get rid of overweight
slea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Timing eating to loose weight

Post by slea »

Hey everyone! Okay, I need some advice. I am really confused about timing my eating to loose weight. I only have about five pounds of fat to loose. I'm 5'2 and weigh 116. I want to get to 110 as close as possible as I have plenty of extra fat on my stomach and thighs since I am very petite. Here is how I eat: I get up in the morning and have some juice, pineapple or orange sometimes with egg yolk. An hour or two later I will eat a little chocolate(dark, raw) and a few fresh brazil nuts or a banana and brazil nuts with a chai non-caffeine tea with sugar and cream. For lunch it's a salad with oo dressing, sometimes a half a peice of bread, or avocadoes and celery, raw salmon and cucumbers, something like that. I'll snack on small amounts of dried fruits (rasins, papaya or pineapple) or fresh fruit with brazils in the afternoon if I get hungry. For dinner I will eat munch foods, mainly potatoes and sauteed veggies with butter or olive oil. I'll sip around on a few ounces of juice and water for the rest of the evening and maybe snack on some rasins and nuts, or fresh fruit if it's available if I get the munchies. I walk about and hour a day and do some isolation exercises two or three times a week. My boyfriend keeps pushing cardio and I know from reading here that it doesn't work. He was in the army and constantly tells me how low his body fat was when he was running all the time. I read juicyfruits post and have been there done that. Am I maybe eating too much? I don't feel that I am. I watch my portions, when I do eat dried fruit I eat half of a hand full and only 5-10 brazil nuts the whole day. I think I'm around 1500-2000 calories a day, sometimes even less! I really want to look trim and firm! Am I eating too much too often? Maybe I am taking in too many sugars. I am really confused since I have read that you need the sugars and fats to get to your set point. My natural weight in highschool was 108 pds. What should I try? More walking? I sit at a desk all day and I drive two hours a day. The only walking I get is when I get home and do house cleaning. I'm just getting frustrated since I have been eating like this for well over a year and I have only lost like two pounds. :confused:
rafaelo

Re: Timing eating to loose weight

Post by rafaelo »

i say cut the tea and the salad out. your weight might be higher than you'd like bc you're working out and muscle weighs more. is a lot of your extra weight in the tummy area?
slea

Post by slea »

I only use my body weight when I do exercises. You are right about the tea. I am probally ingesting too much all the way around. I don't know why, but I am always wanting to eat something. It's not that bad at night, but at work I just want to snack all the time. I don't want to starve my self, but if I cut back I feel deprived.
sula58

Post by sula58 »

Hey slea! I'm not sure what the answer is, but here is my experience:
I slimmed down--i.e. lost the bloat, or "water weight"--as soon as I started this diet.
Unfortunately, I kept eating too much (raw) protein--about 8 yolks or an ounce of fish daily!--because I thought my skin would break out if I didn't eat enough. I ate like this for about a year, experimenting with munch foods, etc., and although I never got totally, totally 100% clear or ideally slim, it was a big improvement.
Then, a few weeks ago, I decided to cut down the protein to the amount that most people here eat (4 yolks or 1/2 ounce fish). Almost immediately, my skin became the clearest its ever been. And I have become slimmer, too. I feel lighter and have more energy and want to walk everywhere.
And I notice that when I have so much energy and want to walk all the time, I need less to fill up (which is weird). Before (when I was eating more protein than I needed and probably causing my body more work, making me more lazy), I would always eat a banana or two with loads of honey and olive oil in one sitting, every half hour. Now, I just want a handful of raisins (with olive oil) every half hour, that's it, and my body doesn't accept more (it just wants to keep moving).

However, since your protein intake seems moderate, I'm guessing that it has GOT to be the sitting at your desk for hours. When you have a day off, you should spend it walking around...in the city/town all day or park...and I bet that you will find that your body just wants a little bit of energy now and then, not a whole bowl of fruit.
And then, once you understand what your body REALLY wants, you can apply that to when you're sitting down at work.
I don't know if that helps...I know that Wai says it's impossible to overeat on fruit...but perhaps some of us somehow manage to do so anyway, especially if there is not enough of an energy outlet.
juicyfruit

Post by juicyfruit »

I would try cutting down on the cooked starches you're eating--the bread and potatoes. For some people, the starches really make the weight stay on... when I first cut out all grains and cooked starches, I lost weight amazingly fast and easily.

You could also try switching the potato (if it's a regular white one) for a sweet potato, which has fewer calories and more nutrients.

For your desk job, is there any way you can get up every hour or so, and walk around a bit or stretch? Every little bit helps. Do you have a lunch break where you could do some walking? And you said you drive two hours every day--is that your commute to work, or just running errands? If it's your commute to work, maybe try parking farther away from your workplace and walking 10 or 15 minutes to get there. That can add a half hour of walking to your day.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Hey slea,

The more overweight you are, the easier it is to lose weight.
5 pounds is not that much, so these last pounds are the hardest, since there is no longer a real 'biological need' to lose it.
Thus, you need to be a little more precise to lose those last pounds as well.

Most importantly, the smaller your meals, and the more frequent you eat something, the easier it is to lose weight.
You watch your portions, but I noticed that you mentioned breakfast, an in between meal and lunch as the only 3 meals in many hours.
So, I guess you should decrease the size of these meals, and eat more often.

Your boyfriend was lean when he was in the army. He still is? Or was all this running around too much trouble and time-consuming?
That's another reason why cardio doesnt work: you cannot keep on exhausting yourself so much every day for the rest of your life, can you?
slea
I think I'm around 1500-2000 calories a day, sometimes even less!
Calories dont say anything, since you dont know how much you need exactly (this differs per person, and co-depends on your activity level, height etc)
I really want to look trim and firm!
All you need to do, is to get rid of the remaining fat on top of your muscles!
Am I eating too much too often?
too much, yes.
too often, no.
Decrease the size of your meals, and eat more often.
Maybe I am taking in too many sugars. I am really confused since I have read that you need the sugars and fats to get to your set point.
Yes, you need sugars and fat to lose weight lastingly.
Its not the fault of a single nutrient, but the size of your meals.
What should I try? More walking?
I wouldnt stretch your willpower too much; it might be easier to decrease the size of your meals.
I sit at a desk all day and I drive two hours a day. The only walking I get is when I get home and do house cleaning.
That doesnt make it easier, indeed. Walking really helps, but decreasing the size of your meals helps too.
I'm just getting frustrated since I have been eating like this for well over a year and I have only lost like two pounds
That is the healthiest way to lose overweight; slowly but steadily. So, you are doing perfectly fine, but are a little impatient?
If your impatience is big enough, you will succeed in decreasing the size of your meals. Otherwise you are doing perfectly all right!
slea

Post by slea »

I appreciate all the input! I had a really bad day today food wise. A rep from one of the lenders (I work at a bank) brought in all kinds of muffins and sweets made of bread! Ugghhhh! Well, normally I never give in, everyone always says what strong will power I have. Today was different. I had half a muffin, half a danish and a bite of another one!!! So unlike me! This was over an six hour period though and I did'nt eat any thing else. I think I just got sick of being good. Back to the story, I do get up a lot from my desk to get files, go to the rest room, ect. On the weekends I probally walk three hours a day. Shopping and stuff like that. Yes, I commute and hour to work and from work every day. I don't eat a lot of protein foods, but I do eat a lot of fat. I crave it all the time! I would rather eat fat than sugars. The thing is unless I feel somewhat full, I feel like I am always hungry. I think some of it is a mental thing. I think I may be using food for comfort. I guess I need to get ahold of my self. I just don't want to drop my calories so far that my metabolisim drops. Another thing, could I be keeping enough beta carbos in me to keep my appetite going? I know when I am really strict my appetite does go down some. I just keep getting caught up in the addictive foods! Another thing I thought of is that it's really cold right now and I have had no sun exposure, could that be hurting my appetite? Should I try to eat more serotonin inducing foods? What are ways to trick the appetite so I will eat less? Does any one know? Thanks again!!
slea

Post by slea »

RRM, I was going to tell you, my boyfriend is still pretty lean, not as lean as when we met, you know how some men get comfortable! He lifts weights and runs 2 miles about four times a week. He is a police officer now and still has to keep in shape. He tells me that it is so obvious that I don't loose weight because I dont do cardio. But I know what cardio will do so I dont want to start! I will try to start cutting back. I just need to find a way to trick my stomach! ;)
sunpungi

Post by sunpungi »

Hi slea
I also have a similar problem with you.
And I am also about the same size as you are.
This appetite never goes down. To be honest, I gained weight since I have been on this diet although my skin is better. I really want to know how I can cut down my appetite,too.
I am just throwing this message to let you know that you are not alone since here are only the people who wants to gain weight rather than lose like us.
I put my hope to find this answer from this forum. God bless all of you.
slea

Post by slea »

Hi sunpungi! Yes, it is good to know you are not alone. It is hard when you are not very tall isn't it? What is your age if you don't mind me asking? I'm 36, but I haven't had a problem with metabolisim since I've gotten older as I have always been this size since my late teens. My problem is that I hold a lot of fat in my thighs. I used to be very athletic when I was younger and built them up from doing gymnastics. They were thinner before I started gymnastics.

Any way, my skin looks a lot better too. I used to have keratosis on my arms, but it's been gone almost a year and I had it all my life. I definatley know this diet works from the little changes in my skin and body. I don't know how to put it, but I am leaner looking but I still have excess fat that is not firm and a little cellulite-y. I think that our bodies hold onto false fat when we eat cooked food, because my body has changed shape somewhat even though I've only lost two pounds. I re-read RRM's post and it does look like it's all about how much you eat. I don't know why it is so hard for me to cut back. I know a lot of it is mental because it's like a craving more than a hunger feeling. I think tomorrow I will get up from my desk and walk down the hall or something if I feel like reaching for the food! I hope someone has a method for curbing cravings! Maybe I will start doing the fruit test where if you don't feel like eating fruit, it's not real hunger. The only thing is that I would rather eat non-sweet than sweet! I would probally never eat! Hey, then maybe I would loose the weight! lol j/k

RRM, when you said earlier to eat more often, I eat almost every hour. Isn't that enough? I thought maybe that is why I wasn't loosing. Maybe I didn't word my menu right.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Maybe you could consider doing the diet to the letter for a couple of weeks, and see if that works? I find that only then I can trust my body completely, telling me when to eat and how much. With munch food in your diet, I guess it might interfere with the body's natural instincts.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Last june I started eating raw. Raw as in the american raw vegie diet. At the end of july I decided to go for pure Wai... Or as much as possible to the best of my knowledge. From that point I found myself losing weight I didn't realize I had ;) . Now I'm stabilized at my ideal weight (lost approx 5kg). I didn't plan to loose this weight because I'd just given up on it over the years.
Giving the Wai diet a fair try is worth it! I'm hooked! :cool:
Good luck,
Corinne.
"You cannot do something you don't know IF you keep on doing what you know"
F.M. Alexander
slea

Post by slea »

Corinne, do you eat munch food? How close do you follow the diet and how long have you been on it? Do you ever have a problem sticking to it? Thanks!
sunpungi

Post by sunpungi »

Hi again slea
I don't mind to say my age. I am 30yo. my problematic fat is on my double chin and my abdomen. I am 5'2" and 123 lb. my waist is about 32 inch, I really hate this and can't wait to lose it. I have been on this diet since this july and my skin looks weigh better and I really appreciate wai and RRM about that. but I gaied about 5 lb after this diet. before I was very conscious about total calories I ate, but after this diet i didn't restrict the amount of fruit and fat. I should have calculated the total calories from the beginning. since i was depriving myself constantly before I started on this diet, and I ate as much as I wanted since I was on this diet. my weight went back to the set point which was set by the previous wrong diet probably. anyway now I am trying to be more conscious about the calories but my appetite never goes down, I can easily eat 10 bananas a day with lots of coconut milk, egg yolk, and avocado and even then I eat more fruits with fats 3-4 hours later. I don't exercise but my work is not so sedentary style as yours. tomorrow is thanksgiving and i hope all of you have happy one. but I might eat lots of junk food since I am going one of my good friend's home and it's really difficult not to eat when they have a dinner especially for me. :(
slea

Post by slea »

Hi sunpungi! Have you lost any weight at all while doing this diet? It sounds like your body will have to do some adjusting since you restricted your eating in the past. The thing I like about this diet is that the food you do eat is good for you and it's not just empty calories, but you still need to watch them. I wish I would have thought or known about this years ago! Better late than never I guess! I like to eat the same thing you do, the banana with egg yolk and coconut milk. I only eat it in the morning usually for breakfast. I do one banana and one egg yolk with just a little coconut milk. I also cut up banana with nuts and honey with a little cream. Yum! I have noticed one thing after being on this diet for as long as I have, food is becoming less of an issue for me. I used to be watching everything I ate as well and I used to be bulimic in the past. Now I see food more as medicine and nutrition, as before I would look at it as pleasure and comfort, sometimes even the enemy! I now see it was because of the addictive substances I was binging. I have very sensitive taste buds and crave salty, spicy and sour foods. What type of munch foods do you eat or do you eat them at all? One of the posters said to avoid starches, which is something I am going to start doing after tomorrow, Thanksgiving, ya know! I do know better since they definatly put the weight on you easily. Talk to ya later...

>>> VIEW THE NEXT PAGE >>>