prevention of additional fat

If you want to get rid of overweight
nick
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by nick »

How long have you been on the strict diet? Is the 'gut' from before you started the diet? The more intense you work it, the more hungrier you'll get indeed.
art

Post by art »

the most lean and musclar i ever was is when i did the atkins diet 2 years ago and my skin actually got clear! then i went vegeterian and started eating tons of rice/soy/ etc: and my skin got extremeley bad! i went back on atkins but my skin failed to clear back up so then i got onto this diet, i been on and off for 6 months now... my skin always gets clear then i always go back into eating cooked foods and break out again, it seems im in a never ending battle with my skin :x but anyways i'm still lean and a bit musclar, i just have a soft look now, not that hard cut look where i'm trying to get
speuzer

Post by speuzer »

I also have the feeling that I am gaining weight on this diet. I definatly feel much less bloated and that is a great feeling. My stomach feels nice and tight, the problem is all the fat ontop of my stomach. The fat around my midsection has definatly increased since being on the diet.
avo

Post by avo »

Personally, I am enjoying that I am putting on both muscle and fat. I wouldn't exactly call it fat, even though that is what it is, but rather it is nicely filling up my relatively skinny frame.

The simple answer is that increasing fat is from excess calories. Just cut back a bit on how much you eat/drink daily.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

avo,

According to the articles here (unless I am misunderstanding) by consciouly cutting calories it is impossible to lose weight. The articles here on excess wieght say your body must be the leader of weight loss.

But, I do agree with you. If I just eat when I feel hungry and limit it to wai foods I dont' lose weight and I need to lose about 10 lbs. Any time I have ever lost weight it took effort and some unfortableness.
nick

Post by nick »

johndela1 wrote: According to the articles here (unless I am misunderstanding) by consciouly cutting calories it is impossible to lose weight. The articles here on excess wieght say your body must be the leader of weight loss.
You do lose weight if you cut back on calories its just that your body will increase its cravings for food. The key is working with your body and your right about it being the leader of weightloss when you do that.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

What do you think about bananas? I love them but I dont' know if they are the ideal thing for someone trying to lose weight to eat.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Avo, can you please refrain from giving advice that is not according to Wai's view? (thats why your post has been deleted)
Art wrote:hm i think i can over eat on this diet... im thin but im not ripped i find i have to almost restrict calories a bit to get that real hard cut look... i still have a little gut
This diet is not just the foods that you eat, but very much also about how often you eat, and how big your meals are. So, you just need to size down your meals and eat more frequently.
johndela1 wrote:According to the articles here (unless I am misunderstanding) by consciouly cutting calories it is impossible to lose weight.
No, it actually says that you can lose weight "on any diet".
The issue is losing weight lastingly
Any time I have ever lost weight it took effort and some unfortableness.
And then you put it back on when the effort and unfortableness subsides.
So thats no answer.
johndela1 wrote:What do you think about bananas? I love them but I dont' know if they are the ideal thing for someone trying to lose weight to eat.
Losing weight is not about consuming foods that are less calorie dense.
Its about preventing fat storage, caused by big meals, and never by just replenishing lost blood sugars (even by sugar dense foods)
speuzer wrote:I also have the feeling that I am gaining weight on this diet. I definatly feel much less bloated and that is a great feeling. My stomach feels nice and tight, the problem is all the fat ontop of my stomach. The fat around my midsection has definatly increased since being on the diet.
Then your meals have been too big. You should not eat as much in one meal.
Frequent eating is good. Eating a lot in one meal is bad.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

RRM wrote:
johndela1 wrote:According to the articles here (unless I am misunderstanding) by consciouly cutting calories it is impossible to lose weight.
No, it actually says that you can lose weight "on any diet".
The issue is losing weight lastingly
Sorry, I wasn't clear. When I say wieght loss I mean permanent. I dont' consider losing wieght then gaining it back weight loss. Just a temporary fluctuation.

RRM wrote:
johndela1 wrote:What do you think about bananas? I love them but I dont' know if they are the ideal thing for someone trying to lose weight to eat.
Losing weight is not about consuming foods that are less calorie dense.
Its about preventing fat storage, caused by big meals, and never by just replenishing lost blood sugars (even by sugar dense foods)
Would you say that some foods are better for someone trying to lose weight than other foods?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:When I say wieght loss I mean permanent.
Well, thats far easier on this diet, but again, if only your willpower is strong enough, you can lose weight lastingly on any diet.
johndela1 wrote:Would you say that some foods are better for someone trying to lose weight than other foods?
Not 'within' the 'easy-to-digest-natural-raw-foods'.
Less energy-dense is absolutely not better than energy dense food.
But yes, raw foods are better than cooked foods for someone trying to lose weight (and for others, of course).
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

RRM wrote:Frequent eating is good. Eating a lot in one meal is bad.
would you consider every 4 hours on average freq?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

RRM wrote:
johndela1 wrote:Would you say that some foods are better for someone trying to lose weight than other foods?
Not 'within' the 'easy-to-digest-natural-raw-foods'.
Less energy-dense is absolutely not better than energy dense food.
But yes, raw foods are better than cooked foods for someone trying to lose weight (and for others, of course).
yea I meant 'easy-to-digest-natural-raw-foods'
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

johndela1 wrote:
Not often enough. Think more in terms of once every hour to hour-and-a-half, or a sip per 30 mins if you drink juice.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote:
johndela1 wrote:
Not often enough. Think more in terms of once every hour to hour-and-a-half, or a sip per 30 mins if you drink juice.
why so much? you liver can hold enough glucose for a few hours can't it?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes, but you want to replenish the liver depot and blood sugar. Mainly the latter one, because it's not that easy to know when the liver glycogen depot is actually full. When you eat bigger meals, the danger is that you eat more than the depot can hold, resulting in bodyfat.