Calories, losing weight, water retention

If you want to get rid of overweight
slea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Calories, losing weight, water retention

Post by slea »

Hi,

I'm back with some more questions about loosing fat. I have been trying to loose five pounds for ever! I'm sure no one remembers, but I had posted a while back on how to loose these last few pounds. I'm 5'2 @ 115 lbs. and I want to get under 110. I have been 100% the last few weeks with the exception of a tiny bit of rice with some sushi I had one night, probally no more than a tablespoon. Anyway, I've been tracking my calories and nutrients and I have been taking in around 1000 to 1300 calories, some days even under a 1000. Why am I not loosing weight? Am I eating too little? I am never hungry, so I can't imagine eating more. I have plenty of extra fat so it's not like I'm trying to get too small. Any ideas? Thanks!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hi Slea, it does take some time to loose fat significantly and lastingly, and especially the last bits. It's easier when completely 100%, but even then it takes time.

Then you have to be sure you consume enough fats. It doesn't have to be huge quantities, but enough for the body to 'know' it's getting enough.

The number of calories you consume does matter, but eating less than you need doesn't help, because your body will only hold on to the fat. If I take my mom as an example, as she is 5'1" (and 75yrs old), she consumes about 1950kcal per day. She's has been slowly losing weight over the past months, and is (almost) on her ideal weight now. Do you feel you always have enough energy? Do you drink juices?
slea

Post by slea »

Hey Oscar,

I feel like i have plenty of energy, I eat small frequent meals and try to eat fat with every meal. I'm never hungry. Here is an example of today:

An hour after waking up, fruit smoothie: 1/2C blueberries and strawberries, a banana, 1 orange juiced, two egg yolks, about three hundred cals, three hours later, a whole canteloupe, a few macadamias around three hundred cals, after that, two hours later some rasins and nut mix, about two hundred cals, two more hours later, half an avo, a hundred fifty cals, another fruit smoothie a few hours ater in the day w/ a tablespoon of evo, about three hundred cals That's about 1,100 cals. I eat every two to three hours and I never feel hungry. I just start eating when my energy feels low.

When I ate cooked, I weighed three pounds more and ate 2000-3000 calories.

I do have a desk job, but when I get home I am on my feet non stop for three or four hours. I'm just trying to figure out why it's so hard for me to get down to my set point weight. When I graduated high school, I weighed 105.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hi Slea,

You could try to reduce the size of the meals a bit more, so you'll eat once every 1-2 hrs instead of 2-3.

How much oil do you think you consume per day?
The nuts are raw/unshelled I presume?
slea

Post by slea »

I looked at my percentages from yesterday and I had 956 cals, 33% fat, 58% carbs and 8% protein. That is a usual day. Is the fat too low? The thing is I don't feel like I could eat any more. I don't crave anything and sometimes I feel like I am eating too much!
slea

Post by slea »

I forgot to add, yes the nuts are raw.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The fat percentage does seem a bit on the low side. My percentages are more like 49% carbs, 46% fat, 5% protein.

So basically eat less per meal more often, use relatively more oil and maybe drink a bit more juice. Try staying 100% for a few months if you can.

Oh btw, what is evo?
slea

Post by slea »

U should know this! lol jk!

evo= extra virgin olive oil

So, do you think I should up my fat and cals? Even if I did eat smaller meals, I would still be taking in the same amount of cals. What would the difference make? If I added more cals I would just be eating the same amount just more often. You see? I'm confusing my self! lol :lol:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL :D

Ah ok, I just use OO, and assume it's extra virgin, hehe ;)

Bigger meals means more fat deposition, if you're not active enough to use (part of the) glycogen. If there's no strenous exercise, ideally speaking you can just replenish the blood sugar, and there will be no bodyfat deposited.

For instance 1 banana + 1 apple, with a little OO. Or 1 banana + egg yolks (+ OO). Maybe 150-200kcal or so per meal?

Oh yeah, I noticed you eat nuts twice. Try doing it only once. That might help with ingesting more calories, and eating more often.
A little bit of munchfood can have big effects, also on weight. The closer you are to 100%, the bigger the effect will be. So a pinch of salt, a bite of cheese, etc, better avoid them.
slea

Post by slea »

What do you mean by try eating nuts only once? Are you saying to eat something else for fat?

Also I was reading some where in the acne book about not eating fat until 2pm? I will try to find it and post it here. Do you know what I am talking about?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

slea wrote:...a few macadamias around three hundred cals, after that, two hours later some rasins and nut mix...
I meant only once per day a few nuts. Use mainly olive oil for fat (aside from avocado, yolks(, fish), etc).

I'm not sure about the "no fat before 2pm" thing. I do eat fat before 2pm.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

slea wrote:I was reading some where in the acne book about not eating fat until 2pm?
Ehrr, I dont think so. Maybe that was about munchfoods?
slea

Post by slea »

Here it is, I found it in Chapter 40:

Eating fruit the first thing in the morning will provide your body with energy; this absorbed energy will consist entirely of sugars. Sugar as a sole source of energy is quite unstable so your body will be stimulated to utilize its body fat for more sustained energy. It will also make you desire dietary fat. To fulfill that need you should eat something containing healthy fat at lunch or at about 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. You can have a salad topped with cold pressed olive oil, for example, or Brazil nuts with raisins, an avocado, or sashimi. If you have an avocado with a tiny bit of salt or pepper, this will also satisfy your cravings for a salty snack.

So, what is this saying, that you can make your body use more body fat by holding off eating fat early in the day?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What it says, is not that you should wait until 2 or 3 pm, but that you should some fat at least then, this because your body needs it.
In other words, you definitely need to eat some fat at 2 or 3, but of course you can also eat some fat before, to meet those fat requirements.
So, what is this saying, that you can make your body use more body fat by holding off eating fat early in the day?
You are reading it with a specific goal in mind (weightloss).
How it is meant, is that sugar as a sole source of energy is too unstable, and that your body will therefore ask for dietary fat, and that you should give it that. The reason: you absolutely dont want your body 'to think' that its getting too little fat', as that will make your body hold on to your fat reserves more strongly.
slea

Post by slea »

I'm back with an update. I am a little confused with the results I have had. The last month I did 30 days raw Wai style with only two bites of munch food, not even a whole meal for the whole month. I did have some homemade salad dressing that had vinegar in it and a dash of salt, but it was all raw. Last weekend my boyfriend and I decided to have a munch weekend. We had one munch meal each day. I gained three pounds (115 to 118) eating the same calories, so obviously it's water weight. I started a juice, oil, egg yolk and nuts only this Monday. I'm having fruit juice, mainly orange juice mixed with evo, a couple of hand fulls of nuts and four egg yolks a day. I sip on the juice all day and eat the nuts when I have the munchies. I have went from 118 to 113 in four days. I look totally different. I am looking like I want to start looking, lean and muscle definition. Why didn't the weight loss happen when I was eating whole raw foods? I am eating the same amound of calories and nutrients. Could I be allergic to something making me retain the water? I just can't imagine not having any more whole foods like fruits ever again. :?