heavenly guacamole

All recipes other than 100% Wai can be posted here.
sophie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

heavenly guacamole

Post by sophie »

Hi all,

It's been 5 days now of eating this, and i just can't seem to *stop* myself!... it trumps every single craving i've had. What a lovely, liberating, AMAAAAAZING feeling. And, it's a twist to the wonderful cucumber/tomato/avocado/olive oil salad! :)

Simply adjust amounts to your taste, but I tend to use more avocado than any other ingredient in this. Add non-Wai ingredients that are listed accordingly if you wish for munch food. I have found that the lemon juice tends to keep the avocado greener for longer:

Avocado, cubed
Cucumber, sliced
Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
Mango, cubed
Olive Oil
Red onion, diced
Garlic, diced
Jalapeno, diced
Oregano to taste
Basil to taste
Liberal lemon juice

After eating this for a few days, my skin has been GLOWING and softer. Also, the constant neck pain I tend to have has subsided to practically nothing!?! A Miracle for me... as this pain had been affecting my work in a big way for years now, despite the cortisone shots and regular physical therapy. And i'm still in my 30s... very bad indeed.

I really *really* hope it makes a difference for you too. Especially if you are prone to cravings like me.

Thank you Wai, RRM, Oscar, Corinne, and all on this forum who have brought this blessing into my life. Here's to everyone's good health! :)
"if i had to live my life again, i'd make the same mistakes, only sooner." --Tallulah Bankhead
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Do you think this has helped your neck pain because you've been eating less munch foods because of it? Or could it be something in the food (or a co-incidence)?
sophie

Post by sophie »

Hi Mr. PC!

An excellent question, and i have been trying to sort this out myself as well. Interestingly, a couple of mornings ago, this article popped up on Aol.com. I couldn't believe the timeliness of it, and it confirmed much of what i've been feeling.

Here's a quote from the article:

"27 million Americans are affected by osteoarthritis, according to the Arthritis Foundation. This chronic condition is characterized by the breakdown of cartilage in the joints, which often results in pain. Several natural remedies may help to relieve ailing joints...sulfur-rich foods: Foods containing high quantities of sulfur may help to reduce arthritis pain by decreasing joint inflammation. These foods include AVOCADOES, lentils, broccoli, cabbage, coconut, soy beans, and garlic. 'When you're taking herbs that shut down inflammation and you're eating foods with sulfur in it, then you're helping the body rebuild the cartilage,' says Casey Adams, PhD., doctor of naturopathic medicine and author of 'Arthritis: The Botanical Solution'." -By Mallory Creveling and Vicki Salemi

Now, i know that most of those foods listed are Non-Wai, but the avocado has been a God-send. I must be eating at least 3 a day right now. It reminds me of what they say about the benefits of MSM, which has a very high sulfur content.

whoa, typing all this has made me hungry again-- think i'll have some more of my guac! ;) hehe.

I'm a new person without all this pain now. I feel nothing short of reborn. It is the most exquisite feeling, i just can't even begin to tell you.

Warmly, sophie
"if i had to live my life again, i'd make the same mistakes, only sooner." --Tallulah Bankhead
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Hmmm, I also love avocado; I have about 1 a day, or 2 or 3 if they're on sale.

Sometimes when they're cheap in bulk, I'll try to store them in such a way that they ripen at different times, rather than all at once. So I'll pick different shades of green to black at the store, than at home put some beside the bananas, some on their own, and some in these plastic 'green bags' that slow down the ripening process (supposedly by absorbing the ripening gas emitted by produce).
sophie

Post by sophie »

that's a *great* idea, Mr. PC-- sure would save me some trips to the market that way. Thanks!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm glad to read you're doing so well. :D
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I also know paper bags will help keeps mushrooms longer, but I'm not sure about fruits/Avocado.