potato/ tomato

All recipes other than 100% Wai can be posted here.
Lyn
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

potato/ tomato

Post by Lyn »

This is a simple little recipe that I enjoy (for munchfood obviously) 1 small baked red potato cut into cubes with a little unsalted butter then 1 tomato peeled and diced and "sprinkled on" and some chives.
mmmm good
Monique

Re: potato/ tomato

Post by Monique »

Mayb yolks would also b great on top of that?
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

Yep, yolks are good too I hear...most people can mix the yolks with different things...for some reason I have a hard time doing that...for now I can only eat them by themselves...the other day I tried extra virgin coconut oil on a baked potato.I really like it.
tsilentlucidity

Post by tsilentlucidity »

The most delicious munch food I ever made was a burrito. I found low-protein tortillas. I filled it with some fried diced potatoes, avocado, egg yolk, and sour cream. d e l i c i o u s . . .
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

Potatoes and Tomatoes are recommended really? The Wai]http://www.13.waisays.com/constipation.htm]Wai pages[/url] say:

- not to combine potatoes with any fruit (including tomatoes and cucumber)

Is this information outdated or only for constipation? If it is constipating, wouldn't it worsen acne?
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

Hi Bluefrog,

They are discussing munchfoods.
That is, foods that they enjoy that do not adhere to the sample diet.

Potatoes are a munch food, (raw) tomatoes are okay.
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

Hi Brian,

Thanks for responding. I understood that they were discussing munch foods. Potatoes can't be consumed raw so when would that rule apply except for potato as a munch food?

(Sorry if it seems picky. I'm new to the diet and there are a few things that are still not quite clear in my mind, so anything to clear up my confusion is appreciated.)
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

Hi Bluefrog,

Perhaps I didn't understand your original question. But I will try to clarify what I meant.

Potatoe is not recommended as part of the sample diet.

But if someone chooses to eat it as a munchfood (or just in general) then not to combine it with fruit to avoid cramps.
tsilentlucidity

Post by tsilentlucidity »

I never got cramps from eating the potato burritos with avocado added, and I ate it for my munch food at least four times a week. But maybe avocados work a bit differently since they are composed quite differently than many other fruits? Hmmm...
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

Hello,
I've never had a problem with combining tomato with potato but some people may I suppose...good point! :cool: