nutty munchfood cake substitute

All recipes other than 100% Wai can be posted here.
Cairidh
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

nutty munchfood cake substitute

Post by Cairidh »

This is munchfood because it's blended and contains cashew nuts (and probably a much bigger quantity of nuts and dried fruit than Wai allows)

In a food processor finely grind together equal amounts of walnuts and dates (organic fresh medjool or organic dried - non organic taste completely different so don't use)
Place one layer of this on a plate. Top with a layer of sliced strawberries, banana and papaya. Add another layer of walnut/date. Add another layer of strawberry, banana, papaya. Add another layer of walnut/date.

Put cashew nuts, water, lemon juice, and a few fresh dates in a blender, and blend to a thick cream. Pour over the "cake".
Decorate with flowers or fruit.

When serving cut it the way you would a cake.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Gosh, that sounds absolutely scruptious.

Please take some pictures the next time you do some 'baking'!

Take care,
James
x
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Thankyou :)
I did used to take photos of everything I made, with my digital camera, but then it broke :(
And then my computer died, so I can't access the photos on it :x

I looked up raw cakes on the internet and found this pic:

This looks like the cakes I make (totally different recipe on the inside) if I decorate with fruit. I prefer decorating with roses. Obviously the different fruits on top change the taste of the cake.
slea

Post by slea »

Omigosh! I'm coming over for cake. MMmmmmmmmm.....

I made a date nut torte that was simular to this. The frosting was lemon juice and dates. It didn't look that good though. The frosting sure was good though!!!
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Was it this one?

by Alissa Cohen

Ingredients

Base of Torte
2 Cups Raisins
2 Cups Walnuts

Frosting
1 Cup Dates, pitted and soaked
1/2 Cup Lemon Juiced

Date Nut Torte

Fudgey, Creamy and Sweet, I bring this with me when I'm visiting someone I'd like to introduce to raw food. People can't believe it's raw! And it's one of the quickest and easiest desserts to make period. Far less time than the baked versions.

Lets start with the Base, in a food processor, combine raisins and walnuts and blend until well blended and moist. This will take a few minutes and you may see it forming a ball. Just make sure the raisins come out looking like a fudgey mixture and not still grainy.

Remove from processor and mold onto a plate in a round circle about 1 1/2 inches thick.

Now for the frosting, in a food processor, combine dates and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Then spread this frosting on the top of the torte.

Notes: I like this served at room temperature as the frosting and torte are still sticky, but if you want a firmer texture that will be easier to slice, refrigerate it for a few hours.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Oh good grief those sound yummy... what a pity blended nuts make me break out!! Boo hoo!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It does sound very good...worth giving a try! :)
slea

Post by slea »

Yes, that's it. I have her book. I haven't made too many recipies yet, but I try them when I can. I didn't really care for the base of the tort. I was thinking about using dates instead. Maybe even using pecans instead of walnuts. Yum.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I can't find raisins without vegetable oil. :(

I don't have her book but I've made two of her recipes - raw ravioli which was nice but took hours and hours to make, so I wouldn't do it again. And pesto mushrooms where were dehydrated. They were delicious but made me ill and gave me cooked food cravings so I don't think dehydrated food can really be raw. I've never eaten it since :(
slea

Post by slea »

When I am dealing with cravings I have made some dehydrated foods, but they never tend to satisfy and like you said they give you munch food cravings AND they take hours to make! I made a lasagna that wasn't dehydrated and it took me three hours! It was very good though. The only thing is it had raw soy sauce which is a munch food and makes my want to eat a lot. I think I am happier when I eat my bananas and egg yolk! Much easier! :D
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Do you know why soy sauce makes you want to eat more?...besides being addictive?
If you look closely on the label there is WHEAT in SS! I had no idea until I wondered why it tasted so good and looked at the ingredients!
slea

Post by slea »

I noticed that too, Corinne. I bought some wheat-free and you CAN tell a difference. I try not to use it too often because of the salt content.