protein recommendations

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: more infos

Post by RRM »

Roman wrote:WHO RECOMMENDS 0.8 grams per kg. of body weight.
This is RDA for protein, is it ok?
Ok to cover your protein needs?
Sure.
Ok regarding nitrogen load?
Yes, its not too bad.
Ok regarding acne?
That depends on how susceptible you are to acne.
My daily protein intake is 25 gr.
Are you sure? Did you also count the protein from fruits etc?
Submit an average day of your diet to the nutrient calculator and then check how much protein it supplies you with.
www.3.waisays.com/simple_calculator.html
Am I respecting MINIMUM BODY REQUIREMENTS?
How many grams/kg. is MINIMUM BODY REQUIREMENTS for protein?
That depends on the amino acid composition of the food that you eat.
In the extended calculator ( http://www.3.waisays.com/calculator.html ) you can see how much methionine and cysteine your version of the diet supplies you with, which you may compare with what is advised.
If you are 62 kg, the minimum requirements are 298 mg methionine and 298 mg cysteine (extra methionine will compensate for a possible lack of cysteine).
Roman

Post by Roman »

Ok. This is my standard diet (this part of the year):

2 units (medium) Apple
1 unit Pear
2 units (medium) Banana
4 units (medium) Kiwi
4 units Tangerine
3 units (3 orange) Orange Juice
1 unit Avocado
5 unit Fig (dried)

10 units Walnut
5 Tablespoon Olive Oil (E.V. cold pressed)

2 units Egg Yolk

This diet is 2540 Kcal. and almost 29 grams of protein.
May I eat just one jolk a day to reduce my nitrogen load more?

I've lost 2 kg at the beginning of this diet (I was 64 kg.), but now I'm maintaining 62 kg. and I feel quite ok
(except for too much air in the gut... too much fiber? :roll: ).
Maybe energy-needs to conserve my previous kg. would be just a little bit higher.

Fat (152 gr.) is half than Carbohydrate (297 gr.) so I think this relationship could be ok.

Methionine is 498 mg and Cysteine is 430 mg.

However I suppose my fruits intake is too less, because I read a woman (60 kg.) should eat from 2 to 4 kg. of fruit daily (my fruit intake is only 1770 grams).

I'd like to change my Walnuts intake with Brazil-nuts intake but it's quite difficult for me to find them (unshelled) in shops here.

I eat my egg yolks just before going to sleep in the evening... maybe it'd be better to separate their intake in two times.

I'm trying to remain "munch food FREE", but it's not so easy, especially for BREAD.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Looks okay to me. I'd keep it on 2 yolks (or more) for now though.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Roman wrote:This diet is 2540 Kcal. and almost 29 grams of protein.
May I eat just one jolk a day to reduce my nitrogen load more?
Your nitrogen load is already VERY low.
Methionine is 498 mg and Cysteine is 430 mg.
Which is 464 mg on average.
For you, the minimum is 288 whereas 780 is recommended.
In percentages: 161% and 59%, so I would advice you to eat 3 egg yolks instead of 2, and certainly not less than 2!!!
However I suppose my fruits intake is too less
Its okay, if it supplies you with enough energy.
I eat my egg yolks just before going to sleep in the evening... maybe it'd be better to separate their intake in two times.
No, its more practical (and not a bit less good) to consume them in one sitting.
Roman

Post by Roman »

RRM wrote: ... so I would advice you to eat 3 egg yolks instead of 2, and certainly not less than 2!!!
3 egg yolks contain 8.35 grams of protein (Methionine 0.207 and Cysteine 0.149). Protein quality: 38.44%

42 grams of salmon contain 8.35 grams of protein (Methionine 0.294 and Cysteine 0.121). Protein quality: 44.77%

14 Brazil nuts contain 8.78 grams of protein (Methionine 0.621 and Cysteine 0.214). Protein quality: 85.54%

I think I could alternate these three options (almost same quantity of protein). Or protein source has to be animal?

I've a perplexity for eggs because of cholesterol value:
3 egg yolks are 637 mg. of cholesterol, whereas 42 grams of salmon are 21.75 mg. of cholesterol and Brazil nuts are cholesterol FREE.

I say this because I've done blood analysis recently and my Cholesterol Value is 180 (not so low)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Roman wrote: I think I could alternate these three options (almost same quantity of protein).
Sure!
Or protein source has to be animal?
No.
I've done blood analysis recently and my Cholesterol Value is 180 (not so low)
180 is absolutely normal.
Not so low is good. If its lower, you are more prone to depression and aggression. Cholesterol is an essential nutrient for the brain, liver and your sex-hormones particularly.
Also, raw egg yolks only contain good cholesterol that is perfectly converted into bile acids when consumed in excess. You can eat 10 egg yolks daily without any worries about that.
Roman

Post by Roman »

RRM, thanks for everything.