need for amino acids / nitrogen

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
thea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

need for amino acids / nitrogen

Post by thea »

I've just reading the book of Stanley Burroughs, and when I read the chapitre about protein, I disagree with Stanley Burroughs because it's not scientific at all. What do you think about this article ?

HOW DO I GET MY PROTEIN?by Stanley Burroughs
Often the question is asked about the need for amino acids, and animal protein foods. The need is highly exaggerated as only 16% of our body is protein. The answer to the question is very simple. We first need to understand that pure protein is primarily nitrogen, with oxygen, hydrogen and some carbon. We all know we get a large share of our oxygen and hydrogen needs from the air along with some carbon. There is four times the amount of nitrogen in the same air as there is oxygen, hydrogen and carbon combined. Since we are able to utilize and assimilate a large amount of our needs of these elements into our bodies we are able to assimilate and build the nitrogen also into our bodies as protein. This is done by natural bacteria action which is capable of converting it to our use.

From the combination of the best of foods and clean air we are able to create our own amino acids, just as well as the animals do. We never try to feed amino acids to the animals. Thus we are able to eliminate the need for toxic dead animal flesh and have no further need to worry about our constant source of protein. Eat only the best variety of fruits, berries, nuts, vegetables, seeds and sprouted seeds for a further complete source of protein.

People who smoke cannot pick up the nitrogen from the air so easily, but will still get enough from proper food without the use of animal flesh. For your well being, however, elimination of smoking is a must.

Many people believe that eating meat gives them strength. If this is so, then why are the strongest animals in the world vegetarians? Did you ever stop to think that the animals you do eat are vegetarians? Where did they get their strength? All the meat-eating animals find it necessary to sleep 16 to 1 hours daily because of excess toxins. The meat eating animals live a very short life. God has supplied such a bountiful supply of fresh, wholesome food that there is never a need to kill an animal for its more toxic flesh in our modern civilization
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think he's right in some aspects, but wrong in others. Our needs for protein are low, but we also consume animal protein for omega-3 fatty acids. Eating fruit alone will give us enough protein (given the right combination), but getting protein needs out of air sounds quite farfetched to me.
thea

Post by thea »

Oscar wrote:I think he's right in some aspects, but wrong in others. Our needs for protein are low, but we also consume animal protein for omega-3 fatty acids. Eating fruit alone will give us enough protein (given the right combination), but getting protein needs out of air sounds quite farfetched to me.

Thank you Oscar.
I eat every day some fish (200 gr) with 5 raw yellow eggs and nuts and fruits and vegetable I train only 2 time a week on musculation.
Can I lower my protein intake or my program is correct ? Thank you for your suggestion.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

The amino acids that we can make ourselves (from nitrogen) are non-essential amino acids. Since most of the protein ingested cannot be utilized for constructive purposes, we always have plenty of nitrogen to make non-essential amino acids. In fact, there is always too much nitrogen, which is therefore excreted as ureum.

So, we dont need nitrogen, but essential amino acids.
In fact, regarding optomizing the utilisation of protein, we need those essential amino acids that are the least abundantly present in our diet (methionine / cysteine, followed by phenylalanine / tyrosine).

How much protein you need (beyond biological needs) totally depends on how much muscle volume you want. For this you need to experiment; how much can I decrease my protein intake without losing musclevolume?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Biological needs also depend on height and weight (and muscle mass). Eating vegetables might change the equation of nutrients, because of the anti-nutrients they contain.

Like RRM said, experimentation is needed, but I don't think you need to be too worried about not getting enough protein at the moment (unless you're a giant bodybuilder ;)).