Unique Situation; Spartan health, xtremely active + Wai?

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
lexscarlet
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Unique Situation; Spartan health, xtremely active + Wai?

Post by lexscarlet »

Ok please bear with me, I've been trying to read through the tons of info on these boards and the WaiBook, but still have not gotten answers I'm looking for. I only posted in this section because I did not know where else to.

I have a relatively unique situation. I want to reap the benefits of this diet (google spartan health by anthony bova, i got inspired by it and led to here) but my situation calls for a much different approach I need help with.

I'm training for the Navy SEALS and needless to say it is SUPER intense.

I've always been an all-out guy, I push myself to the limit EVERY time i either workout or play sports, and I feel great.

Slight sample = 5 mile run in combat boots and pants, pull over and knock out about 5 sets of 80 pushups/situps/flutter kicks and about 5 sets of 30 pullups. then the 5 mile run back. I also swim like a madman, and clock in close to 200 miles on my bike.

Another unfortunate principle of the SEALs training is sleep deprivation. I'm currently living on 5-6hrs of sleep average, and sometimes I get 3-4. Hit the hay at about 1-2a, wake about 6-7a. Let it be known that I'm relatively sluggish out of the sac, but once I'm up I'm kickin ass all day. The only time I get sleepy and start nodding off is obviously in the BORING ass classroom and their 2-3 hour lessons. Inactivity kills me. I would like some more concentration during this time. War is not rocket science, but you'd be surprised to find out how sharp your average Special Ops soldier is required to be these day.

I've been in the service since 03 and pushing this hard is no biggie.

Another SERIOUSLY pain-in-the-ass shortcoming, is the lack of time for meals. I'll have time for 2-3 meals a day on average, at MOST 4 meals. Then there's about 1-2 hours before bed I could cram something in. Goes a little somthing like this: meal at 8a, 1p, 5p, and sneak somethin in at about 9p.

I'm 25 in March, 6'1", 180.

I VERY BADLY want to get on this diet, but need some SERIOUS guidance. I burn 1000+ calories a day, and on days that I do 2 of the activities (from running, biking or swimming) I burn over 2000 pretty easily.

I read in the book how low intensity is better for fat loss, this is not much of a concern.

I just want to know if anyone had any suggestions based on this extreme ritual. I DO NOT want to lose any more weight.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Hi, I am relatively new to the Wai diet, but I will try to answer some
of your questions, and even ask you one :)

Do you have acne? If not, then do not eat as little
protein as in the 'sample diet', as it would most
likely not fill your needs.

It is not easy to stay on the Wai diet with that little time to eat.

A few tricks to make it simpler:

1. Use fruit juice with olive oil.
2. Bring dried fruits and nuts with you
at all times
3. Prepare small 'meals' in containers
and bring with you.

Remember to eat at least 8 times a day on this diet, or
sit juice with olive oil all day.
lexscarlet

WOW! at LEAST 8 times?

Post by lexscarlet »

Thanks for replying... SO!

...No acne here. I just want on this diet for the longterm health (and disease/cancer avoidance) benefits it promises.

At LEAST 8 times a day's kinda demanding. I will try to cram in as many little snacks, but I don't have much leverage as the NAVY owns me and my eating schedule's pretty set.

What I'm most curious about is how much more would I have to increase the intake given all the INTENSE physical activity we're subjected to. (I'm no stranger to running at least 4 miles, in boots, ON THE BEACH!... as preparation for more)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

5-6000kcal (at a guess)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Re: Unique Situation

Post by RRM »

lexscarlet wrote:I burn 1000+ calories a day, and on days that I do 2 of the activities (from running, biking or swimming) I burn over 2000 pretty easily.
Based on your descriptions I think you are burning much more calories than that... :?
Im just a waiter speedwalking for 8 hours a day at work, and i already need about 5000 to 6000 kcal a day, so i think dionysus is right.

Are you allowed to chew on gum?
If yes, then you may also be allowed to chew on beef jerky, dried fruits and Brazil nuts (in between meals).
You dont need to eat little protein, as you have no acne, so you can eat as much beef jerky as you want. Together with the nuts and dried fruits it can give you all the energy that you need in between meals.
I truly hope that you are allowed to chew / snack in between meals; you can eat while being active.

Are you allowed to drink water whenever you want?
Then you can add sugar to it, or you can drink juice with sugar and some oil.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I'm assuming this is raw-dehydrated beef jerky.

Is the advise to use the protein from this in order to convert it to sugar for energy? I recall the downside to this being it releases nitrogen into the bloodstream. Is the only ill affect of this water-retention?

Thanks RRM.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:I'm assuming this is raw-dehydrated beef jerky.
Yes.
Is the advise to use the protein from this in order to convert it to sugar for energy?
No.
I recall the downside to this being it releases nitrogen into the bloodstream. Is the only ill affect of this water-retention?
Not the only effect, as nitrogen is converted into ammonium and ureum,
which have pro-oxidative properties.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Thanks RRM

why chew on beef jerky and nuts throughout the day? For the fat? Won't most of the protein consumed like this be converted into sugar, since it happens before intense physical exertion?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dried fruits, jerky and nuts.
For the carbs, protein and fats.
Its mostly dried fruits, but he also needs lots of protein.
Yes, a big part will get lost,
but thats the consequence of these activities.
Consuming the jerky in between at least keeps the blood protein from going down too much.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Why is it bad for blood protein to go down? Isn't protein only used for reconstructive purposes at night?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Why is it bad for blood protein to go down? Isn't protein only used for reconstructive purposes at night?
No amino acids are also precursors for neurotransmitters.
Tryptophan is converted into serotonine
Fenylalanine in adrenaline
and so on.
So, when the blood protein level goes down too much
, the body will breakdown muscle protein for free amino acids.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Oh crap, I've been eating no (significant) protein until 9:00PM every day! Ach.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Oh crap, I've been eating no (significant) protein until 9:00PM every day! Ach.
Thats ok,
Lexscarlet's situation is a bit different
lexscarlet wrote:Slight sample = 5 mile run in combat boots and pants, pull over and knock out about 5 sets of 80 pushups/situps/flutter kicks and about 5 sets of 30 pullups. then the 5 mile run back. I also swim like a madman, and clock in close to 200 miles on my bike.
In such a situation, you need all the protein you can get to keep that level up.
In your (and mine) situation its ok to eat just one proteinaceous meal at night,
so that its optimally used for (re)construction purposes,
because during the day it will not go down too much.