anaerobic exercise

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
Gerard
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

anaerobic exercise

Post by Gerard »

I do sprints while running; in fact I have some anaerobic elements daily in my running.

My mental focus is much better than it ever was before on a cooked food diet-- I do not feel flustered or overwhelmed; panicky, and can control the intervals more efficiently.

For those who are not familiar with anaerobic exercise--- in general, the body adapts to the anaerobic state over time (better lactic acid disposal which means muscle recovery time is better; heart adapts to having less oxygen, etc).

But I have a question (and could not find this addressed in the Muscle retention/prevent weightloss section) about what is the best way to eat when you have anaerobic intervals. I think acidic juice at a very basic level would cause vomiting... but in the overall Wai way to fuel up, how would eating/drinking work in such a case?
johndela1

Re: anaerobic exercise

Post by johndela1 »

Gerard wrote:in general, the body adapts to the anaerobic state over time (better lactic acid disposal which means muscle recovery time is better; heart adapts to having less oxygen, etc).
I am also a fan of anaerobic exercises. I have a system I use that is based around some gymnastic movements for pulling (using rings) and olympic lifts for pushing and legs.

When you say lactic acid disposal are you saying the body wants to get rid of lactic acid? years ago most stuff I read said that lactic acid was simply a waste product, but some more current stuff says it is not

here is a link:

http://www.brianmac.co.uk/lactic.htm

here are a few more...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/16/healt ... 16run.html
http://www.time-to-run.com/theabc/lactic.htm
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If OJ with OO (with/without added sugar) is still too acidic, you could try sugar water.
RRM
Administrator

Re: anaerobic exercise

Post by RRM »

Gerard wrote:what is the best way to eat when you have anaerobic intervals.
Not different from doing other exercises.
In both cases the body has an increased need for glucose, which requires building up sufficient glycogen.
I think acidic juice at a very basic level would cause vomiting...
you mean drinking during the intervals?
I would use drinks that are extremely high in sugars. (eg sugar added to juice)
why would that cause vomiting?
but in the overall Wai way to fuel up, how would eating/drinking work in such a case?
It would require you to stack up on glycogen, by consuming a little more carbs than you need (for direct energy) with every meal.
Gerard

glycogen/anaerobic exercise

Post by Gerard »

Ah; thank you---

The vomiting part is just peculiar to me-- especially in very hot, humid conditions. Somehow anaerobic exercise (probably just beyond the limit of what I can do, and perhaps too strenuous, in some way) combined with highly-acid foods seems to stimulate a vomit response. It is not because of dehydration (I think)...

I will try the above and try to get a handle on why acids sometimes provoke vomiting in heavy exercise for me. It may in fact be a bit of dehydration.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, do some experimenting, because your body is definitely trying to tell you something
Gerard

dehydration + undereating

Post by Gerard »

Yes--

Not quite enough consumed (for energy requirements) plus a bit of dehydration makes me vomit-- especially in hot weather-- when I am also exercising anaerobically...

I've fixed the probem now. Thank you very much for the input, RRM...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Great to hear that! :D
Gerard

Wai diet

Post by Gerard »

This diet is the only one I have ever followed that allowed me to extrapolate and not only solve problems, but create (from the base of knowledge) even where there is not a problem....

It is truly amazing to still keep an open mind, yet see how well it works. It is the way you have presented it too--

Neither too didactic/dogmatic nor too mysterious on the details.

It is really wonderful to realize this, and I am very appreciative--- possibly more so because, as an American, one is used to nearly 100% background noise in all areas of life of what can only be called 'hucksterism'-- systems; solutions; things pushed on you for money, where your own natural senses are damped out/shut off/or left aside. In a way, it is amazing to let the mind (and body) out to breathe.... and see how well they work. There is almost no support for that in this culture... it is very hard to avoid the level of paternalism and obfuscation in medical care, dietary advice-- you name it.

Viva the Dutch.

:D
RRM
Administrator

Re: Wai diet

Post by RRM »

Thanks.
Yes, personally I believe in combining 'common sense', 'rational reasoning' and 'trusting your natural instinct'. If we lean too much to one side, we may be ignoring valuable stuff.
Gerard wrote:Viva the Dutch
Ha ha, i dont know about that, im not a patriot :P
I believe in people though... (but then again not particularly proud of the 'achievements' of the human race either)
Gerard

the Dutch

Post by Gerard »

ok; --

Vive all of us (including you) for being able to realize health in our very own bodies and minds.... for being able to remember, in a way, what real health is and then regain it, using the body and mind and what lies beyond both...

the latter being the natural felt sense that guides us from over-rationality, and which is closest to our real self.
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Wai diet

Post by Oscar »

Gerard wrote:Viva the Dutch. :D

;)
Gerard

the Dutch

Post by Gerard »

now I am even more convinced of why the Dutch are a world power--
Oscar
Administrator