anaerobic exercise

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
summerwave
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

exercise

Post by summerwave »

I was reading this and I wished to say that opioid peptides (if one is not 100% given over to the diet) can interfere with breathing, which is especially evident during exertion.

Opioids; maybe beta-carbolines too depress ribcage breathing; in a way opioids in particular anesthetize the whole of the body and its systems.

I should think without dairy and wheat peptides in the body, all exercise would be easier: breathing would be freer.

I have oft wondered about this especially because Indian yogic techniques were developed in a country of heavy wheat and dairy consumption; I have wondered if they were a type of compensatory technique to free the body from these effects. Same thing too with musculature, poor protein intake, and asana...what the relationship is to these postures when people are eagerly fasting (breaking down the body for glucose), eating poor-quality protein, and focusing on subtler systems of the body.... almost breaking down the musculature on purpose to loosen the body.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Interesting thoughts.
summerwave

exertion

Post by summerwave »

I used to run and swim distances and opioid peptide-containing foods made things worse, breathingwise. There are all sorts of different endogenous and exogenous opioids that have effects on different parts of breathing- tidal volume; respiratory rate; chest flexibility.

I always wonder about this now when I see marathoners. They 'carbo-load,' often with wheat-based pasta. And the commercially-produced energy bars are full of fractionated milk proteins-- they are sort of a grab bag of soy, milk, peanut, rice and other proteins or peptides.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

True. This indeed might be of great interest for top-athletes.
summerwave

opioid peptides

Post by summerwave »

I am so interested in this that in fact I have purchased a scientific study online (for the first time ever) that is related; I would think that if I were an athlete it would be a very seductive idea to explore....

Perhaps these effects are subtle. But if you exclude these substances; these variables, you would really feel and breathe the way you are supposed to . Just feeling that once would give you a baseline.

I would think this effect would make a huge difference in swimming, too. I like to watch the finswimming (underwater apnea swimming) when I am in Europe. These athletes learn to resist the urge to breathe. They have enormous diaphragmatic contractions they learn to control. In practicing, they sometimes black out from so much carbon dioxide in the blood; they have to learn to walk that fine edge. It would seem you would get much more accurate training about contractions and much better chest flexibility to in inhaling air before going under if you were not under the influence of opioid peptides.

These athletes probably carbo-load with wheat, too... (think of the Italians and pasta! Pelizzari; all those folks)....
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

yes, probably