Possible to look like.. (ripped, muscular)

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
fictor
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by fictor »

To stress the heart now and then is actually a good thing.
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

chris m failla wrote:What RRM I think is saying is you dont even need 4 minutes of intense cardio to lose fat.
Thanks, but I would prefer to hear from RRM himself, because I need to know why it such a big issue for him when WAI HERSELF condones it:
Wai wrote:...if you dont want to lose muscle, dont jog very long, and make it a bit more intense, by running up (outdoor) stairs / hills.
also, to prevent muscle loss, it is best to not jog in one pace, but do sprints in between (or climbing)
chris m failla wrote:Most very lean, skinny people dont exercise at all.
That would be ME, thank you very much because on the surface I look lean and very skinny (I usually wear between a US size 2 and size 0). However I recently found out that my body is high in fat! Which is not surprising giving that all around me are skinny people with very little muscle definition. Have you ever heard the term 'skinny fat'? Google it if not. I am trying to get ripped, and the best way to get rid of skinny fat is to do HIIT. I am not trying to 'lose fat to lose weight', rather I am trying to lose the fat under my skin to look 'hard'. See this woman here?

I am slimmer than her before picture, although she is relatively slim to start off with, but I am not as ripped as she is in her after picture.
chris m failla wrote:Just live. Meaning, go to work...work...walk to the train, walk back from the train...do some chores...take your dog for a walk...walk around the house doing whatever
Who has time for that? See this actor here:

You don't get that ripped by walking for 3 hours everyday. Havas and I are not trying to get SLIM but to look ripped. Do you know what I mean?

chris m failla wrote:Even high intensity for short periods cause unneeded stress on the heart and system
OH MY GOSH! That is turning scientific facts upside down. Seriously, you NEED to educate yourself on HIIT. Please read ALL of the following, and then come back and reply to my comment if you feel like it, but not before. Thank you.

Link_One: http://www.skatetrain.ca/tabata.html

Link_Two: http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/ar ... -lungs.php
Link_One wrote:researchers found that skaters who used the (4 minute HIIT) routine five days a week for six weeks improved their maximum aerobic capacity (a measure of your body's ability to consume oxygen) by 14%. Even more impressive is that the training also improved anaerobic capacity (which measures your ability to sprint and/or maintain a high pace for an extended period) by 28%.
Link_Two wrote:Your reserve capacity, which is your body's ability to respond effectively to sudden demands you place on it, is crucial. It can mean the difference between a long healthy life and a fatal heart attack. (HII) strengthens the heart by building reserve capacity. How hard you exercise refers to intensity. It goes hand-in-hand with acceleration because it involves challenging your body to go a little faster and work a little hard each time you exercise. This is how you build your heart capacity. Most people believe that exercising longer increases the cardiovascular challenge. But the key is to exercise harder, not longer.
Finally, please watch this video that shows HIIT experiment performed on twin sisters to see which was more effective at reducing body fat: http://www.pacepower.net/
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Brazilnuts wrote:
chris m failla wrote:What RRM I think is saying is you dont even need 4 minutes of intense cardio to lose fat.
Thanks, but I would prefer to hear from RRM himself, because I need to know why it such a big issue for him when WAI HERSELF condones it:
Wai wrote:...if you dont want to lose muscle, dont jog very long, and make it a bit more intense, by running up (outdoor) stairs / hills.
also, to prevent muscle loss, it is best to not jog in one pace, but do sprints in between (or climbing)
The quote says nothing about fat loss. Its about creating muscle volume.
Chris pointed that out, and she is correct; you dont need cardio to loose fat, at all.

I recently found out that my body is high in fat!
But why do you think that the cause is a lack of exercise???
Why not an imbalance in your diet?
Have you ever heard the term 'skinny fat'?
People believe all kinds of things, but they dont have to be true.
We try to base our opinions on logic and facts.
the best way to get rid of skinny fat is to do HIIT.
What makes you think that?
What logic is is based on?
I am trying to lose the fat under my skin to look 'hard'.
You cannot tell your body what fat to loose. Its your body who decides that.
The only thing you can do is loose fat in general, and loose excess water in your skin.
You don't get that ripped by walking for 3 hours everyday. Havas and I are not trying to get SLIM but to look ripped. Do you know what I mean?
Yes, and you can look as ripped as you want on this diet, without exercising intensively. The more intense your exercises, the harder it gets (stimulating both carb metabolism and appetite; with higher volumes the details get lost more easily)

chris m failla wrote:Even high intensity for short periods cause unneeded stress on the heart and system
OH MY GOSH! That is turning scientific facts upside down.
Well, in fact, all exercises are a form of stress. No pain, no gain.
Muscles will only grow if they are damaged enough.
Last edited by RRM on Fri 29 Aug 2008 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

Brazilnuts wrote:Have you ever heard the term 'skinny fat'?
RRM wrote:People believe all kinds of things, but they dont have to be true.
We try to base our opinions on logic and facts.
You want facts? Then read this: http://www.timeout.com/newyork/articles ... slim-shady

8)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ehhrr, what 'fact' are you referring to?
Please be specific.
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

RRM wrote:Ehhrr, what 'fact' are you referring to?
Please be specific.
The FACT that a skinny person can have a high body fat count, thus clarifying for YOU the term "SKINNY FAT"
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ehhrrr, yes, and...?
:?
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

RRM wrote:Ehhrrr, yes, and...?
:?
Oh, ignore it if it makes no sense to you. I thought you were questioning the meaning of the term 'skinny fat' and I provided a link that explains that term.

Lets just leave it. 8)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ah, i understand.
No, i didnt question the term 'skinny fat'.
I asked what 'the facts' were that you extracted from the Spas & Sport article you referred to.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Havas, good luck man. No doubt you can look BETTER than that.
Keep us posted.
trust yourself
slea

Natural Body building

Post by slea »

RRM,

My boyfriend wanted me to submit this question for him on this thread subject:

I want to do a natural body building contest. I am already at around 8% body fat. I have been eating wai for three months now for health, I have no skin problems. I am 5'9.5 and started out at 188 and now weigh 170. My question is..... how do I peak out on this diet before show time? I have been able to get really ripped in the past on the usual rice, chicken cooked diet, but I seem at a loss to how to start my nutrient timing the week before the show. Do you ideas or thoughts on this? Thanks for your time!

Thanks RRM! :)
RRM
Administrator

Re: Natural Body building

Post by RRM »

slea wrote:how do I peak out on this diet before show time?
Im sorry but i have no experience in this matter; i never tried to bulk up first, and then get ripped. My aim was to always looked ripped, and try to keep my muscle mass as high as possible, given my muscle-degrading activities while at work (speedwalking 7 hours a day).

If you have bulked up first, and then aim to become ripped, you naturally lose a lot of weight, as you did. Its not as much WHAT you eat, but how much. In the bulking up period, you simply eat much more, so that you gain weight, in both muscles and fat (and water). In the getting ripped period, you lose weight, trying to lose as little muscles, and as much fat and water. Basically, you can do that on any diet that is not too hard to digest (digestion takes a lot of energy), not too salty, that contains sufficient protein, and supplies you with a steady flow of energy.

With this diet, that would require juice instead of whole fruits, with sugar and a little oil added, and eating enough fish / yolks / raw beef.
But again, its not as much WHAT you eat, but how much, and when (particularly with this diet, you very frequently need to ingest some energy.

I hope i answered your question.
slea

Post by slea »

Thank you RRM! That was very helpful. I think this will help get him going in the right direction.