eating/working out

How to prevent unwanted weightloss, and/or even gain muscles
homeslice
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

eating/working out

Post by homeslice »

i'm new to this board and i've had a few questions regarding working out and eating.

preferibly i'd like to do cardio in the morning around 9 and workout around 6 but either is interchangable but i'd perfer to exercise at the most benificial times for our bodies:

so my first question is how much time would i have to wait before working out if i just ate.

next, how much is recomended to consume before doing cardio/ workout (intense, not light)

third, should protein be consumed after the workout, if so how much time after

i beleive that is it for now, thanks to anyone who can help me.
fictor

Post by fictor »

You would have to consume some energy before working out in the morning. I suggest to eat some very easy digestible foods, so that you dont have to wait very long before you can start to work out.

If the workout session will last a long time, you should sip juice or honeywater with a little oil during the workout.

If you chose to eat protein rich foods in the morning, before working out, I sugest waiting at least 1,5 hours before beginning the workout, but if you do so it is even more important to consume some more sugars and fats during the workout. It can be a good idea to do this, as the amino acids will allready be in your bloodstream right after the workout, to start rebuilding your muscle.

As for after the workout, protein rich foods should be eaten as soon as possible. Also eat carbs with this meal, to replace glycogen storages.

I hope this helps a bit, good luck! :)
homeslice

Post by homeslice »

this helps alot actually, and i will most likely be eating exactly how you discribe it. but when u say easily digestable, which is more meats or fruits and which ones specifically?

a few more questions:
what fats can i consume during the workout?

why is it especially important to consume sugars and fats during the workout if i ate protein before it.
fictor

Post by fictor »

homeslice wrote:but when u say easily digestable, which is more meats or fruits and which ones specifically?
Fruits. Meat or other animal foods are not as easily digestible as fruits. Fruit juices are even more easily digestible. If you want to eat whole fruits, the most easy digestible is the sweetest fruits with the least fiber in them.
homeslice wrote:a few more questions:
what fats can i consume during the workout?
The same fats that you should usually consume. Extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil or other nut oils. Make sure they are cold pressed.
homeslice wrote:why is it especially important to consume sugars and fats during the workout if i ate protein before it.
Because even if you ate protein a while before the workout, you dont want your body to run completly out of readily available energy, as you dont want the proteins you ate to be used for energy, but for buildingblocks for muscle. By supplying sufficient sugars and fats, your body will use these for energy, saving the proteins to build muscle.
homeslice

Post by homeslice »

thanks!, this is very helpful for me. today i'm gunna work out for the first time on this diet and follow your advice which makes logical sense.

but this post raises another question for me, if we are supposedly following a prehistoric diet then that would mean our ancestors did not have access to virgin olive oil. since the wai diet is higher in fats, then where did we used to get that quantity of fats from? solely on animals? if so that would require a higher intake in protein as well.
fictor

Post by fictor »

homeslice wrote: if we are supposedly following a prehistoric diet
The Wai diet it not really a pre-historic diet at all. It is more like an optimal diet, not possible to do 100% unless you live in a country where you can grow all kinds of fruits and have access to fish or other animal foods, or you live in a industrialised country where you can buy all you need in a store.

This diet is based on the foods that, according to some but not all research, are the foods that we where designed to eat, or that was designed to be eaten by us. The reason why I believe in this diet is that it is all very 'common sense'. Little speculations, a lot of science to back it up, a lot of anecdotal evidence etc.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

fictor wrote:
This diet is based on the foods that, according to some but not all research, are the foods that we where designed to eat, or that was designed to be eaten by us. .
Foods that are high in energy and nutrients, and low in toxins.
fictor

Post by fictor »

That is a good way to put it. Scratch what I said :)
homeslice

Post by homeslice »

thank you very much, my question was more than answered